Author Topic: Oasis no longer receiving books  (Read 323 times)  

Offline LDB

• Texas
    • View Profile
Oasis no longer receiving books
« on: July 30, 2020, 02:51:12 pm »
I have a book in my library I've read and removed from my Oasis many months ago. I wanted to read it again. I went to manage content and selected it and said deliver it. Nothing. Repeat a few times over a couple of weeks. Nothing. So this morning, on the Kindle, I did a search and selected it and it downloaded.

This afternoon I purchased a book I've never had or seen before. I turned airplane off and let it sit for a quarter hour or so. Nothing. I clicked sync on the Kindle and it said no new items. I did a search for the title and selected it and it said queued and downloaded it.

So apparently the Oasis is no longer just downloading new stuff or old stuff it's told to get again. Oh, and I've restarted it twice.

Any thoughts and input appreciated.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
    • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
      • View Profile
    Re: Oasis no longer receiving books
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 03:25:57 pm »
    Ive noticed this too with my default Kindle as well as my dads Kindle. Ill send him a book but it doesnt automatically download anymore. I had to talk him through how to search his library from his Kindle to download it.

I dont know of a fix for this but at least we can still download from the Kindle.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 06:35:50 am »
    There's another thread discussing the same problem - it isn't just on the Oasis. It seems to be affecting all Kindles, though apparently not for everyone.

https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,322517.0.html

Linda

Offline LDB

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 08:46:48 am »
    Thank you. I figured there would be and tried to find it (them) but couldn't.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement