Kindle Forum banner

Amazon First Reads -- August 2020

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mlewis78 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Only one difference in this month's UK list.

The difference is the psychological suspense offering which for us is The Other Girl - and that's the one that appeals to me the most.

Ann in Arlington said:
There are actually several possibilities for me this month. I'll pick one and check GR for the rest -- these books are often offered as free giveaways. I'd like to see some reviews, first.
Sadly the the GR giveaways are only for the US and Canada. :( On the other hand I do have KU so I can read as many of them as I want in the end - not exactly free, but at no extra expense, if that makes sense! :-\ Although, having said that, most months I struggle to find even one I want to read anyway.

#5 ·
I do NOT have KU .... but I have also noticed that the First Reads often become Prime Reads. And the KOLL is almost completely identical to the KU catalog .... so one a month there.

And .... it's not like I have nothing to read! :eek: Just had another couple long time holds come available. :D

#7 ·
telracs said:
absolutely NOTHING on this list appeals to me. i'm actually thinking of dropping my Prime and other stuff with amazon.
Same here. I haven't used prime video once, since it was introduced. I've used prime wardrobe once. I don't even know what all the "perks" are. Don't care. Irritated I am not offered al la carte prime... just the shipping, please.
But, I won't be dropping kindle. I can live without the rest.

#9 ·
I took The Woman in the Moonlight (Patricia Morrisroe) but haven't read yet. These are usually on my back burner. I have so many books. Wouldn't give up Prime -- love the shipping and the videos (that are included with Prime).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.