Author Topic: Results From First Kindle Countdown Deal  (Read 322 times)  

Offline D. T. Adams

• View Profile
Results From First Kindle Countdown Deal
« on: August 04, 2020, 10:27:23 am »
Hello, everyone!

I'm new to the world of self-publishing with Amazon and recently had my first Kindle Countdown Deal promotion. My novel is usually priced at $2.99/2.24 and was reduced to $0.99/0.99 for the duration of the promotion. Before it started, I had only sold a handful of copies (I'm starting right from the bottom with all this) and I invested in some paid promotions (Book Runes, Just Kindle Books etc.) to give my ebook more visibility.

I got 27 downloads and about two novels' worth of pages read on KU and KOLL. Even though I was very far from making a profit, I'm pleased with the results - I've got people to download (and hopefully read) my ebook! Hopefully as I build up more of a presence and release more books, these promotions will become more successful.

I just have two questions I'd like to ask:

- Is 27 downloads a good result for a completely new novelist?
 - Some days of the Kindle Countdown Deal I ran more than one paid promotion. Is it better to run more than one per day, or just one per day?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:53:38 am by D. T. Adams »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline MorrowWriter

• United Kingdom
      • View Profile
      • Francis Morrow
    Re: Results From First Kindle Countdown Deal
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 10:55:23 am »
    Thanks for sharing this information. I'm at a similar early stage. So far, I've only tried the free days promotion option with my book. I'm definitely going to try a countdown deal during my next enrolment period. Excuse my ignorance, but how many days does the countdown price last for?

Francis Morrow

Offline alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 12:07:15 pm »

I just have two questions I'd like to ask:

- Is 27 downloads a good result for a completely new novelist?

Congrats on writing your new novel. Every sale is awesome.

It's hard to say if your result is great because it depends on a ton of factors. I would rummage through old KBoards promo results to see how you fared. If you only used Book Runes & Just Kindle Books, your results looks better than average for those 2 newsletters alone. But you said "etc". Also, I'd take a look at Nicholas Erik's website on promo advice.

As far as how many days for KU countdown, I've never done a countdown. Perhaps others can share views on that.

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

Offline D. T. Adams

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 02:18:18 am »
    Thanks for the replies!

MorrowWriter, When I did the Countdown Deal, it lasted from 8am Wednesday 22 July to 12am Wednesday 29 July, so just less than a week.

alhawke, I booked 11 paid promotions in total so that works out at about 2.5 downloads per promotion. Can't tell exactly how many downloads each idividual promotion generated, but I'm optimistic and I think it's a good start.

Going to do a Free Book Promotion next, because I've realised that this can get loads more downloads.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement