Author Topic: Having two author's pages on Amazon with the same name: is this possible?  (Read 385 times)  

Offline botolo

• View Profile
Hi all,

My wife writes in two very different genres: academic work and fiction. We are currently listing all of her books under the same Author's Page on Amazon but this is confusing. People looking for her academic work might not like seeing fiction work listed together with her textbooks. Same thing with readers of her fiction novels, who might be turned off by the academic books.

She is against the idea of using a pen name for her fiction work and I was wondering whether it is possible to create two Author's Pages with the same name and different books and bio.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    Hi all,

My wife writes in two very different genres: academic work and fiction. We are currently listing all of her books under the same Author's Page on Amazon but this is confusing. People looking for her academic work might not like seeing fiction work listed together with her textbooks. Same thing with readers of her fiction novels, who might be turned off by the academic books.

She is against the idea of using a pen name for her fiction work and I was wondering whether it is possible to create two Author's Pages with the same name and different books and bio.

I had the same issue, and yes, you can create two versions of her real name, something like:

- Sandra Jones
     - S.A. Jones

Then you can have separate author pages in Author Central.

Offline Cecelia

• Australia
      • View Profile
      • Interesting thoughts from an author: official Cecelia Hopkins-Drewer blog
    I have academic, Christian, clean romance and horror all on the same account. I especially worry the horror and Christian communities will hate this - but I run the risk because I want all my works together.

Offline DmGuay

• OH
      • View Profile
    I had the same issue, and yes, you can create two versions of her real name, something like:

- Sandra Jones
     - S.A. Jones

Then you can have separate author pages in Author Central.

THIS!
    Or, she could use your maiden name for one, and her married name for the other, if she has both. Or a middle initial, although that might not be enough to create a second page on Amazon.
    Many options to avoid confusion.
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:33:08 am by DmGuay »

D.M. Guay | Web site

Offline Lady Runa

• View Profile
    Hi all,

If you create two Author's pages on Author Central using two different accounts with two different email addresses (your KDP account can still remain joint under a single email address, if you wish), then you'll have two different Author's pages with their respective books tied to them, even if the two names remain identical.

Storyteller

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    It's not possible. Same name, same account will equal one author page. As other's have suggested, a slight variation between the two, or a separate pen name. She can't have two KDP accounts, either, so don't think that's an answer.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement