Kindle Forum banner

Amazon First Reads -- September 2020

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mlewis78 
#1 ·
8 titles again this month, and we get to pick 1 free (or reduced if not a Prime member)

The list and links: :)

First reads for September

Thriller: The Unspoken

Book Club Fiction: Millicent Glenn's Last Wish

Domestic Suspense: This Secret Thing

Literary Fiction: A Single Swallow

Humerous Non-Fiction: Welcome to the United States of Anxiety: Observations from a Reforming Neurotic

Romantic Comedy: Roommaid: A Novel

Supernatural Thriller: The Haunting of H. G. Wells

Children's Picture book: That Monster on the Block

See less See more
#5 ·
i had a couple of options the last couple of months, but there is nothing this month. Nada.

I don't need anymore dark secrets or depressing stuff. I still can't remember the last time or ever if we had a actual romance, a mystery. I think the very first month of this program there was a romance, a historical romance even. That was it. Also no mysteries, just depressing psycho thrillers, thrillers. Sigh. Oh and book club selections. whatever the heck that even means.

#7 ·
This seemed like a really appealing month when I first clicked the link and saw the covers - and then I dug deeper and read the descriptions for each of them, and the appeal slipped away one by one.

With that said, Room-Maid and the H.G. Wells book are both possibilities for me.

#10 ·
I chose A Single Swallow, the literary novel choice. I did not see this thread until today, but last month's reminded me yesterday to check on September's and I got the book last night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.