Kindle Forum banner

Watermark on paperback cover

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ShayneRutherford 
#1 ·
The paperback version of my book has a "Copyrighted Material" watermark on the front cover. Not just the Read Inside pages but on the cover itself. It clashes with the colour of the design and doesn't look very good, in fact it looks quite amateurish, like a mistake.

Some people in forums are saying you always get these watermarks, but I can see other paperbacks that don't have it, at least not on the cover. Does anyone know if there is some work-around for getting it off the cover? The books I can see that don't have it also don't seem to have a Read Inside option for the paperback, so if you click Read Inside it reverts to the e-book. That would be fine.

#3 ·
"Print Proof" copies from Amazon KDP Print will have a watermark.

Actual for-sale versions will not, nor will "Order Author Copies". You'll find that option right below print proofs in your KDP dashboard.

#4 ·
TM Parris Author said:
The paperback version of my book has a "Copyrighted Material" watermark on the front cover. Not just the Read Inside pages but on the cover itself. It clashes with the colour of the design and doesn't look very good, in fact it looks quite amateurish, like a mistake.

Some people in forums are saying you always get these watermarks, but I can see other paperbacks that don't have it, at least not on the cover. Does anyone know if there is some work-around for getting it off the cover? The books I can see that don't have it also don't seem to have a Read Inside option for the paperback, so if you click Read Inside it reverts to the e-book. That would be fine.
Are you talking about the thumbnail on the website?

#9 ·
TM Parris Author said:
Yes that's right. I'm talking about what shows on screen in the Amazon store for the paperback. I know it doesn't appear on the printed copy. I don't particularly want it showing on screen either, and other authors seem to have found a way of getting rid of it.
Can you take a screenshot of it and post it here? I have never seen what you are referring to, but maybe we can get you better answers if we can see what you mean.

Also, is this in the US Amazon store? And does it appear on your ebook cover as well? And if not, are your paperback and ebook editions linked?

#11 ·
TM Parris Author said:
Yes that's right. I'm talking about what shows on screen in the Amazon store for the paperback. I know it doesn't appear on the printed copy. I don't particularly want it showing on screen either, and other authors seem to have found a way of getting rid of it.
I don't think it's that some authors have gotten rid of it, I think it's just that some books have it and some books don't. Either way, Amazon isn't likely to change it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.