Kindle Forum banner

$6 free Amazon money

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  LDB 
#1 ·
Sort of. Buy $25 of ebooks Sept. 3-10 and get $6 credit toward future purchases. Apologies if this is the wrong spot. I didn't really know where to put this.

#2 ·
This offer was on the front page of the Kindle Books page when I browsed this morning.  DH and I already have the credit on our account!  I think the offer said it was good on Kindle book purchases from the 3rd - 10th and we had each made a couple of purchases before I activated the offer.

Yay for "free" Kindle book money!!

#3 ·
crebel said:
This offer was on the front page of the Kindle Books page when I browsed this morning. DH and I already have the credit on our account! I think the offer said it was good on Kindle book purchases from the 3rd - 10th and we had each made a couple of purchases before I activated the offer.

How do you activate the offer? I can't find it.

Nevermind finally found it.

#4 ·
crebel said:
This offer was on the front page of the Kindle Books page when I browsed this morning. DH and I already have the credit on our account! I think the offer said it was good on Kindle book purchases from the 3rd - 10th and we had each made a couple of purchases before I activated the offer.

Where did you find the credit on your account? I purchased over $25 & I'm not seeing a credit., at least not yet.

#5 ·
I didn't see anything on the kindle books page, either. I have sometimes gotten such offers by email. They're usually linked to a specific subset of books I have on my wish list ... basically, buy one of these books (usually priced around $10 and up) and we'll give you $5 off.

I also sometimes get emails for money off books in their "Great on Kindle" promoted books. Those are usually non-fiction and often nothing that appeals to me in the moment.

FWIW .... credits of this sort don't show up as part of your GC balance. It's actually kind of convoluted to find them, as I recall ... but it seems to me they send an email when you've earned them, and they are automatically used FIRST when you buy a qualifying thing.

#6 ·
cagnes said:
Where did you find the credit on your account? I purchased over $25 & I'm not seeing a credit., at least not yet.
I received a confirmation e-mail within the next 12-24 hours, but the fastest way was looking at other books I was interested in buying and they all show a "-$6.00 credit" right below the Kindle price (and then, for example, a final price of $1.99 on a normally $7.99 book).

Of course that credit shows on every book I look at right now because I haven't "spent" it yet. In past offers like this, Amazon also kept track of the credit left if I purchased books below the credit amount. So a $2.99 Kindle book would would show up as "$0.00" cost and looking at a $7.99 book next would still show a $3.01 credit available.

*edit: It does not show up on my Gift Card Activity balance account

#7 ·
It showed up for me at the top of a book I clicked to through BookBub. II also found it when he went to a book he was interested in.

I still have $.02 left from the last offer of this sort I took advantage of. As Crebel says, the credit shows up below the price on books you are browsing. I have also always received an email once I spent the required amount.

#8 ·
Thanks crebel.

I looked on a book page for the credit, since my No-Rush shipping balance shows there (when I have one). I'm still not seeing a credit & I haven't received an email either.
I clicked the get off button last night and purchased over $26 of kindle books. Guess it may take awhile?

#9 ·
cagnes said:
Thanks crebel.

I looked on a book page for the credit, since my No-Rush shipping balance shows there (when I have one). I'm still not seeing a credit & I haven't received an email either.
I clicked the get off button last night and purchased over $26 of kindle books. Guess it may take awhile?
If you clicked the "get offer", the only other thing I can think of is whether you had purchased other books on the 3rd or 4th? If you did, you may have hit the $25 earlier than you thought and it was already credited on one of the books you got in your $26 spree? Although I bet you would have noticed being offered the "sale" price on one or two of those last books, so I don't know. Guess you could check your digital orders or purchase confirmation e-mails to see for sure what you were charged.

Hope it shows up soon if it hasn't already been credited!

#10 ·
crebel said:
If you clicked the "get offer", the only other thing I can think of is whether you had purchased other books on the 3rd or 4th? If you did, you may have hit the $25 earlier than you thought and it was already credited on one of the books you got in your $26 spree? Although I bet you would have noticed being offered the "sale" price on one or two of those last books, so I don't know. Guess you could check your digital orders or purchase confirmation e-mails to see for sure what you were charged.

Hope it shows up soon if it hasn't already been credited!
I did everything on the 5th & I didn't get a credit on any of the books purchased. I'll give it a few days and contact customer service if the credit doesn't show up.

#11 ·
Mine showed up immediately. Told wife about the deal, she immediately bought books she had her eye on, I got confirmation e-mail on books followed immediately by e-mail on credit. Then she, of course, went and spent to credit. Oh yeah, all on my CC! LOL! [emoji2371]
Good thing I love her like I do......

#12 ·
On my computer, the offer is still a large banner at the top of the Kindle bookstore page.  So, this morning I clicked it again to look.  It doesn't say anywhere that I have already taken advantage of the offer, but the terms do say it is limited to one offer per account.

Farther down in the fine print of the terms is this bullet:  "Within 4 days of activating the offer and spending the specified amount on Kindle eBooks, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates that the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit. You can view your available eBook credit balance on any Kindle eBook detail page."

I thought I would note the receiving a confirmation e-mail "within 4 days".  I guess Cagnes can wait a day or two more to see if the confirmation and credit balance show up.  That seems odd to me that it isn't more quickly automatic.  Of course, this offer also said to click the "activate" button for it to work, but there never was a specific button this time.  It activated for me originally by clicking the "get offer" button in the banner just to read the terms.

#17 ·
I just chatted with customer service and they applied the $6 credit to my account.

One thing I didn't notice before was that the credit is only for "qualifying" eBook purchases. All the books on my wish-list by the large publishing houses don't qualify for the discount. :(

#18 ·
cagnes said:
I just chatted with customer service and they applied the $6 credit to my account.

One thing I didn't notice before was that the credit is only for "qualifying" eBook purchases. All the books on my wish-list by the large publishing houses don't qualify for the discount. :(
Well, that stinks again! Every book in the Kindle Store was eligible when I got the credit, the only limitation was some time limit (like 30 days) to use the credit. And the offer is still one of the rotating banners on my page, even though I'm logged in and have already received it.

#20 ·
crebel said:
Well, that stinks again! Every book in the Kindle Store was eligible when I got the credit, the only limitation was some time limit (like 30 days) to use the credit. And the offer is still one of the rotating banners on my page, even though I'm logged in and have already received it.
I'm disappointed that not every book qualifies, but I'm sure I'll have no problem using the credit. It Expires: January 1, 2030 at 4:00 AM PST! :eek:

The offer still shows up for me too.

According to Terms & Conditions on Amazon Any Kindle eBook sold on Amazon.com is eligible for this credit. I think maybe since customer service applied the credit, rather than organically from the promo the terms are different???

How do I use my eBook credit?
Your $6 eBook credit is automatically redeemed on your next Kindle eBook purchase. Any Kindle eBook sold on Amazon.com is eligible for this credit.
When does my eBook credit expire?
Your eBook credit expires 21 days after it is applied to your account.

#21 ·
Andra is correct, more money for books is a good thing.  I'm sorry I kept going on about it, though.  I really thought the way it was presented online, and not in an email to me, meant it was a site-wide offer rather than a targeted offer as some others have been.

#24 ·
It was a banner for me, but not on any main pages.  I had to open a random book's page, and then it was at the top of that page.  I went surfing for all the few next books in the several series I have going- and low and behold.  I am well ahead in all of them.  There wasn't anything to buy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.