Author Topic: Why is Harry Potter ebook on Amazon Kindle Unlimited and Kobo at the same time?  (Read 513 times)  

Offline Redgum

• View Profile
Hey All

Cruising around the online books stores today and found Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ebook on Kindle Unlimited on Amazon but also for sale as an ebook on Kobo. I thought signing your book up to Kindle Unlimited meant ebook rights was exclusive to Amazon?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ShayneRutherford

• Toronto, Ontario
      • View Profile
      • My Website
    Thats only for people whove signed up through KDP. Trad pubs can get better deals.

Offline Redgum

• View Profile
    Thats only for people whove signed up through KDP. Trad pubs can get better deals.

Ah, I see. I knew Amazon were working hard to crush independent authors but I was unaware of this particular bias. Thanks.

Offline ShayneRutherford

• Toronto, Ontario
      • View Profile
      • My Website
    Ah, I see. I knew Amazon were working hard to crush independent authors but I was unaware of this particular bias. Thanks.

They were the ones who made it possible for most independent authors to make a career, instead of sitting around waiting to score an agent or a publishing contract. Plus, they make money on every book sold by every independent author. Why on earth would you think Amazon was trying to crush indies?

Offline GeneDoucette

• View Profile
      • Gene Doucette's Blog
    Amazon has been trying to get trad books into KU since they started KU. it's not to crush indies, it's to make Kindle Unlimited more profitable. The more traditionally published books are in it, the more appealing it looks to potential subscribers.

Also, their books aren't part of the monthly KU pot. They're a competition for readers, but that's not new.

Offline nightwork

• View Profile
    Hey All

Cruising around the online books stores today and found Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ebook on Kindle Unlimited on Amazon but also for sale as an ebook on Kobo. I thought signing your book up to Kindle Unlimited meant ebook rights was exclusive to Amazon?

only if you're one of the little people

KBoards.com

• Advertisement