Author Topic: Bookbub International Deal questions  (Read 1648 times)  

Online Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Bookbub International Deal questions
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2020, 11:34:30 pm »
you literally don't know how bookbub works

Did you skip over the part where Wayne said he's had 24 Bookbubs in six years?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 03:52:30 am »
    I have never lost money on one but then my books are pretty popular in the UK anyway. In fact I sell  about as many ebooks on the UK and US sites; it is just the KU page reads that makes the US much more lucrative for me (KU's  not that popular in the UK.) I am pretty sure my International deal has triggered my Australian sales which have continued to climb since my first deal.
    Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
    Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
    J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Offline Wayne Stinnett

• "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."
      • View Profile
      • My Website
    « Reply #27 on: September 22, 2020, 12:35:06 pm »
    you literally don't know how bookbub works

they set the price, you don't set the price
    Ah, you literally got me there. Today is only my 26th BookBub featured deal. LMAO!
    My Bestselling, 18-volume Jesse McDermitt Series and the spinoff,  5-volume Charity Styles Series, also bestsellers, are available in ebook, audiobook, and paperback, wherever books are sold. In my motivational non-fiction, Blue Collar to No Collar, I provide tips, advice, and strategies for new authors, also available in the same formats. Don't forget to visit the Ship's Store for Jesse McDermitt swag.
    Wayne Stinnett | Website | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Twitter | Talk Write Podcast | Ship's Store

Offline H.C.

• Chengdu
    • Loving every minute
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: September 23, 2020, 02:50:10 am »
    Ah, you literally got me there. Today is only my 26th BookBub featured deal. LMAO!

Wayne, slow down! Let the rest of us get one occasionally 8).

Online AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: September 23, 2020, 02:52:32 am »
    And I just got another  International Only  in November. Parts of a series so hopefully will boost the rest.
    Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
    Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
    J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Offline Anon because VS

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 08:31:15 am »
    Thought I'd come back and let you all know how we did.

Tuesday was BB day, and we sold 201 copies of Demons & Angels in the UK and Canada (Australia sales showed up the next day). We also sold a few copies of Books 2 & 3 in the trilogy, as well as the first book in the prequel series. And a few kind folks just decided to buy the box set (bonus!).

Yesterday (Wednesday) we sold 69 copies of Demons & Angels, which includes all of the Australia units. Just like the day before, we also sold a few copies of the rest of the series, as well as a couple of box sets.

I'd say about 75% of the sales came from the UK this time, with Canada not too far behind. Amazon is still the big seller in the room, although Apple is moving quite a few units as well. Kobo and Google Play are 3rd and 4th.

We made our money back by Wednesday morning, and are still seeing sales chugging along today. Definitely not the impact a full BB deal will give you, but still worth the $$, IMHO. I'd definitely recommend giving an International deal a try if you score one.

~ Dawn

Offline nightwork

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 01:57:04 pm »

Did you skip over the part where Wayne said he's had 24 Bookbubs in six years?

yeah so have i & the comment he made was pure wrong, sorry but i'm owed an apology tbh

say you got a 99 cent deal

if you set the price in CA to the US equivalent (around CAD1.20 or so) your deal won't go out to CA, they ask you to set your price to 0.99 in US, UK, CA, AU regardless of the fact this isn't the same price & it's a miserably low price in CA & AU

apply yourself & see what they say & what you're expected to do with prices, this is not secret intel

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:02:48 pm by nightwork »

Offline IreneP

• Austin, Texas
      • View Profile
      • IrenePreston.com
    « Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 04:03:54 pm »
    Congrats Anon - I'm glad it worked out for you.

Offline H.C.

• Chengdu
    • Loving every minute
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 02:40:30 am »
    yeah so have i & the comment he made was pure wrong, sorry but i'm owed an apology tbh

if you set the price in CA to the US equivalent (around CAD1.20 or so) your deal won't go out to CA, they ask you to set your price to 0.99 in US, UK, CA, AU regardless of the fact this isn't the same price & it's a miserably low price in CA & AU

apply yourself & see what they say & what you're expected to do with prices, this is not secret intel

I doubt you've had any bookbubs based on your comments.

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: September 26, 2020, 03:20:55 am »

I have left the price at 0.99 US across the board in the past (not realising it only put the book down to $1.33 AUD etc) and BB didn't say anything. I'm not saying they didn't contact you, and I do manually adjust these days, but it doesn't seem like a surefire thing.

Plus it's still a discount, since the typical price of $2.99 would be $4.20 AUD or whatever, and I at least (as a consumer) am well aware that signing up to an American newsletter does not mean I'm going to get deals offered in my own currency.

Shane Carrow

Offline Rebecca Pink

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: September 26, 2020, 09:10:15 am »
    Very interesting. I never thought that such deals were made

KBoards.com

• Advertisement