Author Topic: So,anyone know-are any paid promotional sites working these days, beside BookBub  (Read 835 times)  

Offline Kathryn Meyer Griffith

• Author for over 48 years, since 1984; 29 novels
    • View Profile
I know we are in the middle of a pandemic, and my sales have gone down; I've accepted that people are hurting. So I've tried some promotional sites lately that used to work well (Bargain Booksy, Free Booksy, Book Dealio, Book Sends, Awesome Gang, Choosy Bookworm) and ALL of them gave me very few downloads (on a permafree book, 1st in a 5 book series). Really worst I've ever seen. So, my question is: Anyone having any luck with any of the paid promotional sites besides BookBub? Just curious. I am at a loss to which ones to try now.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith horror/thriller/murder mystery author since 1984; 29 novels, 13 short stories
Kathryn Meyer Griffith | Facebook | Author | Good Reads | My website | Author Central | Amazon-author

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books]

• Author of sweet romance, fantasy, mystery/suspense
      • View Profile
    I've only used Fussy Librarian, but I thought they were very good.  I've never had a BookBub.

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense and Historical Non-Fiction.
    Lavender Lass Books | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter |YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
      • View Profile
    I've had good results with Freebooksy, I'm sorry that wasn't your experience. FussyLibrarian, ENT, RobinReads, eBookDiscovery, FKTips, BookBarbarian, BookBasset, Booksends, Love Kissed Books, have all worked well for me.

BookBub is taking fewer and fewer free books.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
    C. Gockel | Website

Offline MalcolmJWardlaw

• View Profile
    To answer the OP question, I have used promo sites recently and also about a year ago. It's always hard to draw conclusions since there are always multiple factors. If you promo the same book at the same site , there will tend to be a decline in response. In my case, the books have different titles and covers (and I have doubts about the covers, so I'm going to change them). My gut feeling is that Freebooksy and Bargainbooksy are a little less effective than a year ago, but not drastically.

I have heard from various sources that book launches have been tougher in the pandemic than before. It's an observation I would endorse. Maybe the anxiety is causing people to be less adventurous in their reading, who can say?

Malcolm J Wardlaw | Website

Offline DebDougall

• Europe for a while.
      • View Profile
    Hey, Kathryn,

Have you tried Book Adrenaline? I know a lot of people have had really good results with them for their mysteries. Not sure about recently, though--the last feedback I read was before lockdown.

Also, David Gaughran published a list of promo sites recently--don't know if you've seen it? They're not all for mysteries but I hope it helps a bit.

Good luck!

https://davidgaughran.com/best-promo-sites-books

I know we are in the middle of a pandemic, and my sales have gone down; I've accepted that people are hurting. So I've tried some promotional sites lately that used to work well (Bargain Booksy, Free Booksy, Book Dealio, Book Sends, Awesome Gang, Choosy Bookworm) and ALL of them gave me very few downloads (on a permafree book, 1st in a 5 book series). Really worst I've ever seen. So, my question is: Anyone having any luck with any of the paid promotional sites besides BookBub? Just curious. I am at a loss to which ones to try now.

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
      • View Profile
    I forgot to mention EreaderIQ! I also like FB ads.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
    C. Gockel | Website

Offline chrisstevenson

• Los Angeles
    • Warrior Writer
      • View Profile
      • Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers
    I've had some responses from Book Doggy, Read Freely, Book Bongo and Book Case. This was for My YA book, the first in the series priced at 99 cents. I've never gone free before, but I'm now scheduled to do that 'cause I had to twist my publisher's arm.
    Guerrilla Warfare For Writers (special weapons and tactics)
    http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/

Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers https://christysyoungadultimagineers.com/

Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Harold-Stevenson/e/B001K8UUBK

Offline JM Hendrikx

• UK
    • Fortune favours the brave.
      • View Profile
    Hi there
    These are the ones that have worked best for me this year: ENT, My Book Cave, Book Barbarian, Bargain Booksy and EreaderIQ. I have used them for .99 promos across Fantasy/YA and Lit fiction. I look at both Nicholas Erik and David Gaughran's lists of Promo sites, which are regularly updated and worth a look.

https://nicholaserik.com/promo-sites/

Good luck

KBoards.com

• Advertisement