Author Topic: I'm not sure I understand Bookbub  (Read 394 times)  

Offline Redgum

• View Profile
I'm not sure I understand Bookbub
« on: September 14, 2020, 11:16:23 pm »
I'd like to make one of my novels free for a few days (due to KU) and advertise that fact on Bookbub, but I'm not sure how to coordinate it. I can select to make the book free for a few days whenever I want on KU, but do I have to wait while Bookbub "choose" my Ad? Is it dependent on winning a slot or something? Anyone with any experience of this?

Thanks to all!  ;)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Trioxin 245

• View Profile
    Re: I'm not sure I understand Bookbub
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 01:49:04 am »
    So you want to register to do ads first. Once that is approved your good to go. You can make an ad and then run it the same day. Their approval time is pretty quick, that is within minutes. You can also create an ad and then schedule ahead of time if you want :)

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 04:46:43 am »
    I'd like to make one of my novels free for a few days (due to KU) and advertise that fact on Bookbub, but I'm not sure how to coordinate it. I can select to make the book free for a few days whenever I want on KU, but do I have to wait while Bookbub "choose" my Ad? Is it dependent on winning a slot or something? Anyone with any experience of this?

Thanks to all!  ;)

There are BookBub featured deals which are pretty hard to get. You'd need to apply, and then make your book free based on when they offered to promote you.

Then there are BookBub CPC ads. Those you register for, and once they select you, you can run them anytime.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
    C. Gockel | Website

Offline A. N. Other Author

• Staffordshire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 02:05:02 pm »
    With featured deals (the ones that really make money) it's best to apply first, accept whatever date they give you, pay them their fee, then set the prices on KDP. In the buildup to BB, it's a good idea to stack other promos ahead of the date, and a couple after it can't hurt either, so max out the free/discount days wisely.

Best of luck.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement