Author Topic: "Kindle deal" nomination?  (Read 561 times)  

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
"Kindle deal" nomination?
« on: September 15, 2020, 06:05:04 pm »
Got this today from the email address "[email protected]" Here's the start of it:

Hello,

We would like to nominate your title(s) for a Kindle Deal. If selected, it would be featured in the Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and/or Amazon.in Kindle Store(s). The deal would run at some point between 11-01-2020 - 12-31-2020. Amazon will handle the price updates during this period.

If you would like to be nominated, please complete the steps below by 9/22/2020:
1. Click on the link: [REMOVED]
2. Enter the code: [REMOVED]
3. Read the terms
4. Fill out the form to accept the terms

Now that immediately struck me as a phishing email, but I googled it and found this thread from earlier this year:

https://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=323215.0

So... apparently it's real? This is the first I've ever heard of a "Kindle deal."

Shane Carrow

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Hope

• View Profile
    Re: "Kindle deal" nomination?
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 06:29:10 pm »
    I just got the same email. I've heard of kindle deals, but I never paid attention to what people said about them. I hope someone posts and lets us know how it worked out for them.

If you are ever unsure about whether an email is from Amazon, go to your regular Amazon account and click on 'your account'. Scroll down and there's a link that says messages from Amazon and sellers. There will be a copy of the email they sent you there, and you'll know for sure that it's legitimate.

Offline Nev

• View Profile
    Re: "Kindle deal" nomination
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 06:46:45 pm »
    Its real and worth considering. How many times does Amazon offer you free promotion opportunities? If you are skeptical, go to the Kindle store on amazon.com, click on the link for Kindle book deals on the menu bar. Check out the titles on the left menu links for Kindle Daily Deal or Kindle Monthly Deal, depending on which you were offered. These are books from authors who received similar offers as you did. My last one in June netted nearly $2K profit in one day.

Offline Hope

• View Profile
    Re: "Kindle deal" nomination
    « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:22 pm »
    Its real and worth considering. How many times does Amazon offer you free promotion opportunities? If you are skeptical, go to the Kindle store on amazon.com, click on the link for Kindle book deals on the menu bar. Check out the titles on the left menu links for Kindle Daily Deal or Kindle Monthly Deal, depending on which you were offered. These are books from authors who received similar offers as you did. My last one in June netted nearly $2K profit in one day.

Mine just says it's a nomination and doesn't reference a monthly or daily deal. Maybe they tell you which it is if they select you? Or maybe this is something different?

Offline Flying Pizza Pie

• Keaau, HI
      • View Profile
      • Nevada Gaming History
    « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
    I've had the email that says "You've been selected for Amazon Prime Reading." I did great with the program, got $500 each time (the month after the program started a 90-day free run), sold lots of extra Kindle books to people that weren't in Prime, but also got a nice boost in paperback and audio book sales. I loved it.

Al W Moe | Blog | Facebook | GoodReads

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 08:06:50 pm »
    Awesome, I basically just wanted to make sure it wasn't a phishing email, I'll check it out.

Shane Carrow

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • Destroyer of Science Fiction
      • View Profile
      • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
    « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 08:31:39 pm »
    It isn't phishing, but there is definitely something fishy going on. A whole heap of people have been offered the same deal, many of them, like mine, on permafree books and mine is even for a permafree multi-author box set. I mean--seriously? Looks like someone at the Amazon office hit the bottle.

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 08:44:12 pm »
    It reads like the real nomination emails.

Offline Eskimo

• Anchorage, Alaska
    • Eskimo
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 05:19:32 pm »
    It isn't phishing, but there is definitely something fishy going on.

I agree. Got one of those too yesterday, and when I wnet in to fill it out, the URL said Qualtrics on it. They are a survey research company.

Offline IreneP

• Austin, Texas
      • View Profile
      • IrenePreston.com
    « Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 05:40:47 pm »
    Yeah - I would double-check the URL because it sounds weird that a bunch of people suddenly got them.

If you get a real one, though, take it.

Unless things have massively changed over the past few years it is a very, very good deal.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement