Kindle Forum banner

Suddenly can't connect to internet

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SteveW 
#1 ·
Kindle Fire 5th gen, 8gb.  Everything was great until 4 days ago.  The day before, I had been online as usual and turned it off for the night.  The next day, I wasn't connected to the internet, which was weird because I hadn't done anything to the night before except play a game and turn it off.  I didn't have my router password with me at the time, so just turned it off and used my older Kindle Fire, 3rd gen.  I finally found my router password last night and tried to connect.  It kept saying it was authorizing but wouldn't connect.  Meanwhile, the older Kindle is still online and has never lost connection.  The only thing I can think of is that the 5th gen Kindle updated that night and messed up something.  How can I fix this, especially when I can't connect to do another update if there is one to correct this problem?

Oh yes, and I tried to connect through my iphone this morning and it did the same thing.  So it's not my router.  It's the Kindle.

#2 ·
Have you used the tried and trusted 'turn it off and on again' method?

Kindles and Fire tablets are like mini computers and an occasional reboot does it a world of good and often solves problems like that. I don't mean just turn the screen off and on, but actually restart the device.

It wouldn't hurt to restart your router either.

Incidentally, once you've put your router password in, you shouldn't have to put it in again unless you've told the device to 'forget' your wi-fi connection.

#4 ·
Hi, suddenly a window pops up when I connect to a new WiFi to download a book. It tells me it is an experimental website and if I choose not to, it goes back. I am left without a download. If I agree it takes an age and 9/10 times fails to connect. What is this? I want to get back to the original method.
Also, I cannot delete books anymore and have to search umpteen pages before I find it.
I have tried friends knowledge, and all the Amazon helps and these are no help for my issues.... They do not even seem to relate to my kindle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.