Author Topic: Just Middle Grade is Seeking Author Submissions!  (Read 1078 times)  

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
Just Middle Grade is Seeking Author Submissions!
« on: October 10, 2020, 08:21:23 pm »
I've been writing middle grade books for three years, and it's been a blast. I have five books out, and I even have some reviews on the first book in my series. But I've found, and I know this is the case with lots of other middle grade authors, getting lots of sales can be really difficult. I've been mulling over how to change that for a while, and I found something I think will work. I created a website called Just Middle Grade, and it's meant to promote middle grade books to the people that buy middle grade books.

The site works kind of like Bookbub, in that it has a list of a bunch of books, and we send out weekly emails, soon to be daily, of new books I've added to the site, deals on books, and featured books and authors.

Right now we're in the email address gathering phase. Right now the list is small but growing, and we're looking for Middle Grade authors to submit their books to the site in exchange for a blast to their email lists.

When you submit your book you get the following:

1. A featured author post in our blog
2. One of your books featured in our weekly email newsletter
3. Your book featured on the front page of our site for a day.

You will need to have a good cover, and if you could limit the typos of your book to a reasonable number (1 or 2) we'd appreciate it.

Here's a link to the submission page: http://www.justmiddlegrade.com/contact/authors/ If you don't trust the links posted on this site, that's fine too. Just copy and paste this: www.justmiddlegrade.com into your URL and then go to the authors tab. The form is there. If you have any questions post them here. If you know someone that writes middle grade but won't see this, feel free to pass the web address along to them.

Thanks!

Randall
www.JustMiddleGrade.com
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:52:08 am by randallcfloyd »
The Missing Relic: 100%
Blurb-Writing Checklist |

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Andrew Jia

• View Profile
    Re: Are there any Middle Grade Authors out there?
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 09:50:20 am »
    Sounds interesting! Submitted.

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 02:05:06 am »
    I saw the submissions for both books! I'll get them on the site this week!

Offline Alba Arango, author

• Las Vegas, NV
      • View Profile
      • Alba Arango Official Author Website
    « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 02:50:31 pm »
    I submitted as well.  :)

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 05:41:14 pm »
    Submitted, thanks.

How and to whom will this site be available?
    Jena

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 02:01:21 am »
    I submitted as well.  :)

I received them. They'll be up on the site soon!

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 02:03:30 am »
    Submitted, thanks.

How and to whom will this site be available?

I saw your submission as well. The site will be available to adult readers of Middle Grade books and to the parents of Middle Grade aged children. Hopefully this answers your questions.

Let me know if you have any others.
    Randall

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    Re: Calling all Middle Grade Authors!
    « Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 10:46:30 am »
    Thanks for the submissions last week! We really appreciate it. This week we're looking for some Middle Grade Science Fiction book submissions!

Randall

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    Re: Just Middle Grade is Seeking Author Submissions!
    « Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 05:34:50 am »
    Hey Middle Grade Authors!

This week we're looking for Middle Grade Sports books. We're seriously lacking representation from the indie author contingent in this category!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Randall

Offline KSRuff

• United States
      • View Profile
      • ksruff.com
    « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 06:39:31 am »
    Hi Randall,
    Thanks for the invite. I submitted my middle grade fantasy novel.  Let me know when you are ready for us to blast out an invitation to check out the site.
    Kim

... for anyone who has ever been broken
    K.S. Ruff | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 01:53:32 am »
    Hi Randall,
    Thanks for the invite. I submitted my middle grade fantasy novel.  Let me know when you are ready for us to blast out an invitation to check out the site.
    Kim

Thanks Kim. Will do!

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 03:44:11 am »
    We just added a new feature to the site, Now middle grade authors can submit their books for general inclusion and they can submit their books to get included in a featured blog post.

Here's a link to get your Middle Grade book featured in our blog:

http://www.justmiddlegrade.com/authors/featured-blog-post/

Offline pbreau

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 12:32:42 pm »
    Looks great. I've submitted.

Offline randallcfloyd

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 04:37:59 am »
    Looks great. I've submitted.

I saw your submissions. Thanks! They'll be up on the site this week.

Offline Becca Mills

• Global Moderator
    • California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 12:12:30 pm »
    Greetings, Randall! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: https://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. That includes sharing both positive and negative experiences/interactions they've had with you or your service. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
    Becca
    KBoards Moderator

Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.

Vendor threads are permitted in the Writers' Cafe not only as a form of advertising that benefits vendors but also to provide one location where reviews of vendors can be concentrated and more easily brought to the attention of the whole community. For this reason, we make a reasonable attempt to maintain threads even for vendors with whom multiple customers report negative experiences.

Welcome! :)
    Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
    Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement