Author Topic: For Indie Authors looking to promote their eBooks!  (Read 339 times)  

Offline SaraPage

• View Profile
For Indie Authors looking to promote their eBooks!
« on: October 15, 2020, 08:09:23 am »
Hi all,

Here are some amazing workshops for those who have already finished their eBooks and looking for ways to promote their work and connect with readers.

This one is great for learning how to create a writer's platform, a place where you can connect with readers who will love your book and want to read it! http://bit.ly/KBWW-CWP-10

And this one will help you learn all about email marketing, a great resource for writers and authors looking to find ways to effectively market their books and find new readers via email: http://bit.ly/KBWW-EM-10

Hope they help you, and good luck on your writing, publishing and marketing journeys, all!

Sara

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    Re: For Indie Authors looking to promote their eBooks!
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:58:09 am »
    I'm not alone in not following links like this. I have no idea who you are, what your concern is in these links, nor where they go. There are tons of people out there trying to scam self publishers, or just providing bad advice.

Offline markpauloleksiw

• Canada
      • View Profile
      • Mark Paul Oleksiw's Website
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 06:04:18 am »
    The link brings you to some site called Page Turner Awards.

A bunch of services for authors including writing contest.

Don't know why the poster doesn't clarify this upfront.

Mark

Online Nicole Simon

• Berlin, Germany
    • I write about marketing tactics and tools.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 06:19:28 am »
    Somebody wanted to be clever and track where their clicks where coming from. Thankfully with bitly there is an easy way to figure those out without them knowing and without danger to you: just add a plus at the end and you will be sent to a bitly page showing you the full link
    example:
    http://bit.ly/KBWW-CWP-10+

Offline Blerg et al.

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 06:39:08 am »
    Word choice is a bit suspect. I don't write "eBooks." I just write books and ebook is the name for some of the digital the formats I publish in.
    Wyrmwind #2: 15%

Atlas #3: 10%

Gulf Coast Poetry: 90%
    I edit books! Here's my: | kboards editor thread | website

Offline Lydniz

• UK
      • View Profile
      • Credentials
    « Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 07:40:48 am »
    This poster was plugging agent services yesterday, again with shortened links and no previous posting history. I would approach with caution.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 09:41:15 am »
    This poster was plugging agent services yesterday, again with shortened links and no previous posting history. I would approach with caution.

Ah. Well, with three posts I was suspicious, but didn't want to check post history. I certainly wasn't going to take the time to click on the links, since they could go anywhere. It is certainly wise to be suspicious of new members who seem to post nothing but links, with hidden end points.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 09:44:32 am »
    Somebody wanted to be clever and track where their clicks where coming from.

I suppose you're right. However, for someone who is new to the forums, it's best to let people get to know you before doing this. Even some information about the links and what they led to would have helped. As is, if this is some form of stealth advertising, they need to be given the welcome for those posting as a business, and behave in a manner that lets people know what's going on without having to question them, or follow blind links.

And as Blerg et al. noted, we write books. Ebooks are simply a format to get those books to readers.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement