Author Topic: September US KENP rate - 0.0045938024 - increase of 6.3% from August  (Read 545 times)  

Offline publishwide

• View Profile
    • Publishwide
Other marketplaces:
  • Amazon.com: 0.0045938024
  • Amazon.co.uk: 0.0032204681
  • Amazon.de: 0.0029309682
  • Amazon.ca: 0.0040465924
  • Amazon.com.au: 0.0036543169
  • Amazon.fr: 0.0042527770
  • Amazon.com.mx: 0.0764531347
  • Amazon.in: 0.0880088017
  • Amazon.es: 0.0045447217
  • Amazon.it: 0.0045801774

A hair under our prediction of a 7% gain for September US KENP rate. Graph of overall trends.

Funnily enough, September saw a 6.3% jump in KENP rates across the board in all other marketplaces.

Based on historical data, we predict no change for October KENP rates.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:49:16 am by publishwide »
Publishwide - Reporting and analytics tool to track your royalties and ad spend in one place.
Self Publishing Checklist - Step-by-step checklist helpful links to becoming a successful self published author.
KENP Royalty Calculator - Quickly estimate your KENPC royalty
Amazon Description Preview Tool - Preview how your Amazon book description blurb will look like before you publish it live.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Karen Monroe

• San Diego, CA
    • I write way too much to email. Sorry!
      • View Profile
    Re: September US KENP rate - 0.0045938024 - increase of 6.3% from August
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 10:21:36 am »
    I have a question...???

Is it better to over estimate your KENP read with the higher estimation, assume the same rate, or decrease? Theres about a $50 difference from the high and low.

Thank you.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:24:41 am by Karen Monroe »

Offline Crystal_

• Portland, OR
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 10:42:11 am »
    I have a question...???

Is it better to over estimate your KENP read with the higher estimation, assume the same rate, or decrease? Theres about a $50 difference from the high and low.

Thank you.

The conventional wisdom is to underestimate earnings. I have my BookReport KENPC set at .0041 and I base my decisions on that. I'd rather underspend than overspend (though I have a pretty aggressive strategy overall compared to most).

That's the safer choice, but there's really no right or wrong answer. If a higher estimation motivates you to write more, then that might be better for you.

Offline Karen Monroe

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 10:53:05 am »
    The conventional wisdom is to underestimate earnings. I have my BookReport KENPC set at .0041 and I base my decisions on that. I'd rather underspend than overspend (though I have a pretty aggressive strategy overall compared to most).

That's the safer choice, but there's really no right or wrong answer. If a higher estimation motivates you to write more, then that might be better for you.

Still new at this.

How do you set your report?

The reason I am asking is there was a difference of $70 that was on the estimated page, I am finding it hard to set a budget.

Thank you again.

Offline Crystal_

• Portland, OR
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 11:04:57 am »
    If you're using BookReport, you can set you estimated KENPC, I believe on the Settings page. It has a few different options. I manually put in .0041, since that's the lowest number we've seen in some time.

I'm not sure about using other tools. You can always manually multiply the pages on your KDP report by the estimated borrow rate. But I never look at my KDP reports without using BookReport. It's just so much easier to parse at a glance.

Offline Karen Monroe

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 11:09:40 am »
    If you're using BookReport, you can set you estimated KENPC, I believe on the Settings page. It has a few different options. I manually put in .0041, since that's the lowest number we've seen in some time.

I'm not sure about using other tools. You can always manually multiply the pages on your KDP report by the estimated borrow rate. But I never look at my KDP reports without using BookReport. It's just so much easier to parse at a glance.

What is BookReport?

LOL...Ill look it up.

Offline Karen Monroe

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 11:36:56 am »

Okay, when you say Book Report you are speaking of the reports from Amazon. I only have one book, but thank you for response. I am now able to see the reports from August and September in my KDP reports

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 02:24:31 pm »
    Okay, when you say Book Report you are speaking of the reports from Amazon. I only have one book, but thank you for response. I am now able to see the reports from August and September in my KDP reports

Nope. She is talking about Book Report.    :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement