Kindle Forum banner

Oasis 3 covers.

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Paperbackstash 
#1 ·
So I know I've been asking a lot of questions but this board has a lot of kindle users. I am debating which cover to get for my new Oasis 3. I like the amazon fabric cover but some of the reviews say the quality isn't the greatest. So was wondering if anyone has food experiences with the amazon covers or if I'm better off with another brand? I like the leather covers but want something that will be water safe when I use it but the pool in the summer.

#3 ·
Got my new Oasis today with one Amazon fabric cover and one Fintie Origami cover.  The origami cover holds the Oasis at a good angle and is easy to use.  However, I like to hold the Oasis in one hand often, especially in bed.  So I want it lighter at that time so I want to remove from the case.  The Amazon cover is much easier to remove and I have a holder that will hold the Oasis when on the desk so I think I will use the Amazon cover most. 

#5 ·
I have the Amazon Oasis leather cover in merlot.  I love it.  I bought it for my Oasis 2 and moved it to my Oasis 3.  It still looks new.  It is my at home reader.  I take my Voyage with me when out and about.  I’m on immune suppressant drugs, so I mainly just stay home, so it gets a lot of use.  The cover is easy to take off if you prefer to read without a cover.  It was a little tight at first but after taking it off a few times it is easier.

#6 ·
I bought one for the O2. I hadn't actually tried out yet if it fits the O3. Same size so it should. But it was a 3rd party cover. At the time there wasn't much out there when it first came out (O2).

I can't actually use a cover anymore as I put hand a strap on the back of mine which has made reading on it such a joy. I  think its too thick now to fit, might have to try. I have a sleeve in the house if I need to take it anywhere, I could use that suppose. But usually I take my Oasis or O1 with me when I have to be somewhere longer. Before Covid that is. Both of those have amazon original covers and the magnet one on the Voyage is especially nice. I like the ones that come off easy though. If I use a cover.

I haven't had a cover on this O3 since I got it though.

Good though that there are lots of options now for covers.

#8 ·
I highly recommend these love handle straps if you use it without cover

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NXZM2Y9

Still can't make link maker work. But I use the large one, 4 inches on the back of my O3, on the thick part and the smaller on my phone. It makes it so comfortable as it takes all the pressure of the wrist and puts the thumb in perfect position for page changing.
I woken up with it at times fingers still in the strap holding my kindle after falling asleep ;D. It has also held up perfect. I put it on August 2019 and its still as it was and hasn't moved or come off.

#9 ·
I got into covers with the Fires and Paperwhites and loved picking different designs. With the Oasis 3 I prefer reading without a cover and got an Apple tablet slipcover that looks like a giant envelope to protect it when not reading it. I love it. I don't plan to carry the Oasis around though so the sleeve isn't portable really without a large tote bag or something similar, so it depends on your purposes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.