Author Topic: FREE Developmental Editing for Sci-Fi Authors  (Read 568 times)  

Offline Natgomez

• View Profile
FREE Developmental Editing for Sci-Fi Authors
« on: October 19, 2020, 11:25:11 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm Natalia. Since I'm starting as a developmental editor, I want to get some experience in editing before I start to charge for my services.

What do I offer?

Commentaries throughout the manuscript and an editorial letter. The letter includes feedback on theme, general structure, point of view, pace, development of plot and characters, and dialogue. You will know what works, what doesn't and why.

What genre?

Science Fiction: Technothrillers, dystopian, metaphysical, time travel.
If your manuscript's main genre is romance, I am not the right editor for your book.

If you have a story in need of developmental editing, send me a message and we'll see if I'm the editor your project needs.

About Me

Moved by my curiousity of different cultures and geopolitics I pursued the most suitable degree I had at my disposition: International Business. Though I appreciate the learning experience, story telling has always been my biggest passion. Last year I decided to start writing, but I felt something was missing. Just telling my stories is not enough for me, I want to help others to tell their stories and because of that desire I am starting a career as a developmental editor.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:22:07 am by Natgomez »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    Re: FREE Developmental Editing
    « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 02:44:44 pm »
    Message sent. If you have received it, let me know.

Complete story, 1st book in a trilogy. Pre to post-apocalyptic suspense thriller. (Dystopian.)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:49:13 pm by Decon »

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
    Declan Conner | blog

Online Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 10:58:48 am »
    Just giving a shout out for Natalia.

I know it can be difficult when someone who we don't know is asking for us to trust them with our work in this Internet age, but people have to start somewhere to gain a reputation when starting out with services and so I took a chance.

Boy am I pleased that I did. She came through in spades' full, keeping in contact with questions through the process which gave some comfort that she was genuine, rather than sending off the MS and then hearing nothing.

I took her up on the offer as I'd just completed 95,000 words of the first book of a trilogy as a post Apolyptic/Dystopian thriller and I received the development edit back in a timely fashion. When it was going to take a few days longer than originally anticipated, she kept me informed.

I have experience of development edits, and as an old timer on here, I can say that her work is of an exceptional professional standard, with some great insights.

But for her post, I would have gone ahead anyway and published once I'd completed the trilogy. As it is, her thorough separate summary and markup on the MS have enabled me to make changes to take the book up a notch to a whole different level.

Even if you don't have anything in the pipeline just now,  only having something by the time she is ready to start charging, I would recommend you bookmarking this thread. If you have any further questions, my email is listed on my profile, or you could message me on here, or simply post a reply, especially if her services will be of interest.

I already have the 2nd and 3rd story booked in.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:13:16 am by Decon »

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
    Declan Conner | blog

Offline Natgomez

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 10:24:43 am »
    Just giving a shout out for Natalia.

I know it can be difficult when someone who we don't know is asking for us to trust them with our work in this Internet age, but people have to start somewhere to gain a reputation when starting out with services and so I took a chance.

Boy am I pleased that I did. She came through in spades' full, keeping in contact with questions through the process which gave some comfort that she was genuine, rather than sending off the MS and then hearing nothing.

I took her up on the offer as I'd just completed 95,000 words of the first book of a trilogy as a post Apolyptic/Dystopian thriller and I received the development edit back in a timely fashion. When it was going to take a few days longer than originally anticipated, she kept me informed.

I have experience of development edits, and as an old timer on here, I can say that her work is of an exceptional professional standard, with some great insights.

But for her post, I would have gone ahead anyway and published once I'd completed the trilogy. As it is, her thorough separate summary and markup on the MS have enabled me to make changes to take the book up a notch to a whole different level.

Even if you don't have anything in the pipeline just now,  only having something by the time she is ready to start charging, I would recommend you bookmarking this thread. If you have any further questions, my email is listed on my profile, or you could message me on here, or simply post a reply, especially if her services will be of interest.

I already have the 2nd and 3rd story booked in.

Hey, Declan. Thank you for trusting me with your story. I can't wait to work with you on the next 2 books.

Online Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    Re: FREE Developmental Editing for Sci-Fi Authors
    « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 07:13:25 pm »
    Hi Natalia.

Check your in box. I've sent book 2 with some notes. Many thanks for doing this.

Declan Conner | blog

KBoards.com

• Advertisement