Author Topic: Look Inside no longer available?  (Read 838 times)  

Offline carnifexiv

• View Profile
Look Inside no longer available?
« on: October 23, 2020, 08:33:19 am »
I've noticed that for newer books (those published after Oct. 15, 2020) the Look Inside feature doesn't seem to work. 

Is Amazon disabling this, or just substantially slowing down the time before it shows? 

I've heard from other authors they're being affected too. 

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline jm2019

• View Profile
    Re: Look Inside no longer available?
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 04:26:37 pm »
    I thought maybe I was the only one! I published a new book last Sunday and it still has no look-inside. I think KDP says it may take up to 7 days but in the past it's been there within a day. So maybe something is going on with look-insides.

Online jb1111

• PNW US
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 02:39:43 am »
    LookInside is working on my latest book, and working okay.

Offline nail file

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 04:23:40 am »
    I have two books where the look inside finally caught up. A third in the series is still in limbo.

Offline carnifexiv

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 08:22:53 am »
    I reached out to someone in Executive Customer relations and received a response this morning that they're looking into it.  I'm not sure they've even been notified yet that it's a problem.  Seems like it would be a tech-related issue, maybe a server or network thing?  I'm really not sure.  At least now, though, they're aware of the problem and hopefully it can be resolved soon. 

It's an issue for readers and authors alike, as many depend on the LITB to decide whether or not to purchase.  I know I do. 

Offline nail file

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 03:42:55 am »
    I reached out to someone in Executive Customer relations and received a response this morning that they're looking into it.

Par for the course. They always say that.

I'm not sure they've even been notified yet that it's a problem.

That seems highly unlikely. I'm sure many people have contacted them to complain and they most likely got the same response you did. They were looking into it.

At least now, though, they're aware of the problem and hopefully it can be resolved soon. 

We can hope.

It's an issue for readers and authors alike, as many depend on the LITB to decide whether or not to purchase.  I know I do. 

Not really Amazon's concern. They just want to move books. If more readers complained about the Look Inside, something might be done sooner.

Offline Thalstead

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 06:10:30 am »
    Heres a weird twist for you.  The Russian Agents Boxed Set was published October 16. Almost immediately, Look Inside was available when I viewed it on my iPhone.  It is not available when viewed on my iPad.

Offline Vinny OHare

• New York City
      • View Profile
      • Awesomegang
    « Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 02:08:07 pm »
    I have been noticing some erotica books have had their inside disabled. Wonder if they are working on that niche and other books getting caught up in it. Who knows.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement