Author Topic: Re-releasing blocked book as a new edition?  (Read 537 times)  

Offline LostWriter

• View Profile
Re-releasing blocked book as a new edition?
« on: October 25, 2020, 04:07:25 am »
Does anyone if that would be okay or not? My book got blocked over the grounds of poor customer experience or something like that. I doubt it's because of grammar issues because when I translate my works, I rarely find any of them. I could also leave a warning in the description for people who already bought the story to not buy it again. I think I might have gotten unlucky with that story and someone who didn't like something in it reported it. It's pretty unfair what happened.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    Re: Re-releasing blocked book as a new edition?
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 04:29:08 am »
    Does anyone if that would be okay or not? My book got blocked over the grounds of poor customer experience or something like that.

I think you would be asking for trouble if you did that. They clearly had their reasons for blocking the book and I think Amazon might see this as trying to get around their rules. It might get your account banned.

Offline LostWriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 05:27:31 am »
    I think you would be asking for trouble if you did that. They clearly had their reasons for blocking the book and I think Amazon might see this as trying to get around their rules. It might get your account banned.

Thought the same thing. If only they would tell me why exactly it got taken down... Guess I'm going to have to wait a while and then release it on other platforms.

Offline Amanda M. Lee

• Listen to me, you will.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 10:56:09 am »
    If you try to re-upload a blocked book it's grounds for having your account terminated. Will they? I don't know. Could they? Yes. Are you okay losing your account?

Amanda M. Lee

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 12:45:15 pm »
    You need to get in communication with KDP about the specific reason for the blocked book. If it's typos or grammatical errors, they typically notify the publisher of what/where those errors are. So the issue is likely to be something bigger. Another reason you need to find out the problem is so you can avoid it happening again with future books, otherwise your account could be in danger. If their first communication was unclear, ask for further info. Maybe try calling, if you can't get a specific answer by email.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 09:03:31 am »
    No, it won't be okay. Amazon has terminated accounts when people tried this. I'm sure they don't always catch it, but is it worth the risk?

Amazon won't be fully clear with the reason, they figure you know what you uploaded and understand the rules. So, you get a general reason, and then you handle it.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement