Author Topic: Rebranding with a Christmas cover?  (Read 288 times)  

Online author59

• View Profile
Rebranding with a Christmas cover?
« on: October 27, 2020, 01:06:10 pm »
Hi all,

I haven't done much promoting or advertising with my first standalone novel, but it did win an award several years ago. Since then it has been sitting quietly on Amazon with the occasional sale. The novel is in the humorous fiction category.

Since the book takes place during the Christmas holidays, I was thinking about doing a Christmas cover. Has anybody had experience with this? And did it increase sales, with or without advertising?

Thanks for your input!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline GrandmaBirdie

• Pecking-On-Keyboard, Terra
    • Everyone is a reader with an opinion that matters.
      • View Profile
      • Free Resources for Writers and Poets
    Re: Rebranding with a Christmas cover?
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:23:39 am »
    If you rebrand with a Christmas cover, you'll restrict your sales. Why not try a new design to make your book more visible every month of the year?

Offline Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books]

• Author of sweet romance, fantasy, mystery/suspense
      • View Profile
    Re: Rebranding with a Christmas cover?
    « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 09:54:11 am »
    Hi all,

I haven't done much promoting or advertising with my first standalone novel, but it did win an award several years ago. Since then it has been sitting quietly on Amazon with the occasional sale. The novel is in the humorous fiction category.

Since the book takes place during the Christmas holidays, I was thinking about doing a Christmas cover. Has anybody had experience with this? And did it increase sales, with or without advertising?

Thanks for your input!

If you're going to do it, I would do it soon.  Christmas books start selling earlier every year...and don't forget Christmas in July.

With Hallmark moving their Christmas movies "launch date" to the last week of October...the Christmas season is here for those viewers and readers. :)

ETA:  I write Halloween stories, so I start really promoting Christmas and fairytales on November 1st.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:57:31 am by Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books] »

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, Suspense and Historical Non-Fiction.
    Lavender Lass Books | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter |YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram

KBoards.com

• Advertisement