Author Topic: Saebold's Saga: Shadow of Two Thrones (Strange sci-fantasy mystery)  (Read 136 times)  

Offline Almyrigan Hero

• View Profile
      When a cryptic call to action echoes from beyond Saebold Lastirn's dead, colorless horizons, he is all too thrilled to leave his home on the isle of Greytide far behind.
Strange races, colorful skies, and harrowing battles await him on the vibrant mainland of Almyrigo; a land that would seem of pure fairytale, were it not for the complacent
resignation of its inhabitants. Two feuding dominions squabble over their tenuous claims to lands falling slowly to the infestation of eldritch creatures. Their peoples
contentedly till and work a soil beneath which the cities and weapons of bygone peoples sleep, stratum upon stratum deep. With every setting of the sun, a nightmarish
ecosystem awakens across the land, and all denizens of the sunlight retreat to let it feed and pass.

Saebold, at first, does not understand; how so much wonder and so much terror can go so unheeded by a world so vast and limitless. In time, however, he comes to
discover what horrible engines crank the wheel of his fantastic adventure.

A year and a half in the making, and based within a worldbuilding project that's gone on further back still, Saebold's Saga: In the Shadow of Two Thrones is a full-fat epic. From friendly but fearsome beast-folk who war with dreadful monsters over the wilderness, to a mystical race of subterranean engineers and archivists, to the agile and hardy living remnants of a more desperate and primal time in man's history, the story is packed with fresh and exciting takes on all of your high fantasy favorites. Layer upon layer of twists await, as the conflict swelling behind Saebold's back and beneath his feet peels away the fabricated pretenses that obfuscate the true nature of Almyrigo layer by layer. Combining the moral and philosophical focus of the fantasies of C.S. Lewis with dark and creeping mysteries reminiscent of cosmic and sci-fi horror, Saebold's debut adventure will leave you wondering just what kind of story you're reading, at every turn; and spoiling to find the answer!

Want to supplement your reading with additional lore and illustration, or want a look at what lies ahead? Beware of minor spoilers in the descriptions, but my DeviantArt page is full of concept art and writing! Don't worry; it's all perfectly Safe For Work. https://www.deviantart.com/almyriganhero

PS: I've been told I'm pretty good for a fledgling writer, but marketing and sales are all new to me. I'm more than open to any pricing or advertising advice.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 09:29:01 pm by Almyrigan Hero »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Almyrigan Hero

• View Profile
    Re: Saebold's Saga: Shadow of Two Thrones (Strange sci-fantasy mystery)
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:37:50 pm »
    It's been a slow start so far, but three confirmed sales in the first week for his first book is better than a no-name author with no marketing skills can be mad at! That said, who wants to be number four?  ;)

Offline Almyrigan Hero

• View Profile
    Re: Saebold's Saga: Shadow of Two Thrones (Strange sci-fantasy mystery)
    « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 01:12:49 pm »
    Two updates, this time. Number 1, both editions of the book have been reduced in price; from $8.99 for Kindle and $18.00 for paperback, to $6.99 and $15.99 respectively. Secondly, I've set up a Goodreads page for my book. Stop by, check it out https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55918544-saebold-s-saga

KBoards.com

• Advertisement