Author Topic: Co-author opportunity (seeking a co-author)  (Read 914 times)  

Offline pdavis91

• View Profile
Co-author opportunity (seeking a co-author)
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:44:33 am »
I am seeking a co-author for my initial project. I have 20-30 pages and have decided some external input and creativity would really make this project come alive. Where are the best co-author websites and/or is someone here looking to partner?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Lydniz

• UK
      • View Profile
      • Credentials
    Re: Co-author opportunity (seeking a co-author)
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 01:34:47 pm »
    You should probably give more information if you want a bite.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 01:55:27 pm »
    You should probably give more information if you want a bite.

I'm going to guess that there's no payment involved, until the book sells, and that this co-author is likely going to be doing the majority of the work. Could be wrong. Doubt it.

Offline pdavis91

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 10:48:39 pm »
    I am not looking for a ghost writer or anyone to do the bulk of the work. It is simply a project I am passionate about and looking for input and/or someone to equally share the process. I am not a professional and would enjoy learning and developing a story.

Offline David VanDyke

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 07:18:01 am »
    Would be good to know genre, expected book length, what the terms might be--or are you really looking for a mentor in a genre? As above, much more detail is needed.

Offline nightwork

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 07:31:36 am »
    I am not looking for a ghost writer or anyone to do the bulk of the work. It is simply a project I am passionate about and looking for input and/or someone to equally share the process. I am not a professional and would enjoy learning and developing a story.

this is the discussion forum for professionals

if you want coaching/mentoring, you would need to pay for that

if you're looking for another amateur so the blind can lead the blind... you would do better joining an amateur site like AO3

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 10:53:33 pm »
    I am seeking a co-author for my initial project. I have 20-30 pages and have decided some external input and creativity would really make this project come alive. Where are the best co-author websites and/or is someone here looking to partner?

Sorry you're having a tough time finding a co-author, OP. Most people posting on this forum tend to be actively publishing already, so aren't usually looking to do a shared project with a stranger unless (A) that person is an experienced, established author with a large following or (B) that person is able to pay for their time. It's not that anyone means to be discouraging, just that everybody already has their own story ideas they're writing, stories they're excited about, stories that help pay their bills.   

Your best bet might be to try a small group or forum that's more focused on craft and critique for writers starting out. Participate a lot, form friendships with the other members, and then see if any of them thinks a shared project sounds like fun.

Or maybe your post here will catch someone's eye and they'll take an interest and reach out. I guess you never know. Even so, it may help to specify what genre you're wanting to write and what length book you want, so people will have an idea what you're looking for. Good luck! Also, welcome to KBoards.  :)

Offline Doglover

• Cambridge, United Kingdom
    • If you want real love, buy a dog.
      • View Profile
      • Margaret Brazear Author
    « Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 04:22:09 am »
    I'm really not sure what you are after. Is this fiction? Non-fiction? autobiography? These questions are important if you want reasonable responses. You say you have about 30 pages, so what do you want from a co-author? Do you want someone to turn it into book length? Do you not know how to do that yourself? All these are questions people need to know.

Finding help is easy enough if you simply join forums like this one and appropriate facebook groups. Help as to the craft of writing can be found in many books. But, most members on here are very busy with their own writing.

You do need to be more specific.

The past is another country; they do things differently there
    Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement