Author Topic: Advice for a Kindle Deal  (Read 340 times)  

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
  • May the schwartz be with you.
    • View Profile
    • My Amazon Page
Advice for a Kindle Deal
« on: November 20, 2020, 07:14:14 am »
Howdy,

I got the email about the kindle deal from Amazon for the first time yesterday. Amazon said that it could be anywhere from Jan 1st to Feb 28th. I have a RobinReads free promo for the book in question on 12/12/20. According to Amazon terms, the price can't change within 30 days of the promotion. So, I obviously want the Kindle Deal for exposure purposes more than Robinreads. On the other hand, it's just the "we nominated it, this ain't no deal yet" email. So, should I just possibly eat the $65 bucks and contact RobinReads about a refund or possibly switching books in the promo? Or for those that have been through this process, should I just continue with the RobinReads promo as normal, and when/if I get selected for Kindle Deal, just deal with RobinReads and possibly eat $65 dollars.

On a sidenote, it's nice to have a good dilemma for a change!

Aaron Frale | Twitter | Facebook | Website

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline blubarry

• View Profile
    Re: Advice for a Kindle Deal
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 07:51:06 am »
    If it's like the one I got yesterday, it's a tough decision. Mine indicated the possibility of KDD, KMD, or seasonal sale in the .com, .ca, or .in stores. I've had a few KDD lately that have done well, but KMDs are hit and miss. Seasonal sales actually do pretty well. Now if it's in one of the other stores, .ca or .in, it's not going to move the needle much.

If you're eager to take the offering, reach out to RR and see if they'll move you back a month. Either way, good luck!

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
      • View Profile
      • My Amazon Page
    « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:38:11 am »
    I think I got the same email you did. If you get the email, is it safe to say there is a good chance that you'll get the deal? If that's the case, I'll just get a hold of RR and see if I can sub a book or get a refund.

Offline blubarry

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 04:00:41 pm »
    I think I got the same email you did. If you get the email, is it safe to say there is a good chance that you'll get the deal? If that's the case, I'll just get a hold of RR and see if I can sub a book or get a refund.

I've had quite a few over the years and don't remember getting the email but not getting selected (*knocks on wood*).

Offline Simon Haynes

• View Profile
      • spacejock.com.au
    « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 06:18:24 pm »
    I got an email last year but wasn't selected (apparently) - I never noticed, anyway.

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 06:39:30 pm »
    Contact Robin Reads, explain the situation. Ask them to issue you with a credit note that you can use on a future promo with them.

Offline AaronFrale

• Minneapolis, MN
      • View Profile
      • My Amazon Page
    « Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:37:16 pm »
    Welp, always the optimist, I contacted Robin Reads to see if I can get credit, refund, or sub a book. Credit is what I'm hoping for, but I'll settle for the others. Thanks for the advice!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement