Author Topic: Kindle Notice to Block Book  (Read 1022 times)  

Offline boxer44

• USA
    • View Profile
    • WordWizard
Kindle Notice to Block Book
« on: November 23, 2020, 09:16:50 am »
I published a novel in 2016 ... later, modified it, change title to fit between two others, and was going to develop it into a series.

Fast forward a year or so, Amazon sent me a notice I can't change the title.  So, I changed the title back to original.  I responded to email and told Amazon I changed it back to the original. But now, third time, Amazon sends same exact message - a robot I think - and does not read my response, but says it will block the book if I don't change the title back, which I already did. It's back to original title - again today, another identical message, telling me to change back to original.  It is the original, but the message continues - identical message.   Any clue how to contact a person, not a robot.

I worry if I unpublish, and republish as new - one option - that folks might buy it again, and think I'm hustling readers with a new version of already published book.  I can post a notice in front matter, but that's not the best result. Any advice?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline jm2019

• View Profile
    Re: Kindle Notice to Block Book
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 09:49:10 am »
    What I've found is when you correspond to them using your KDP account, using the support links, they're usually quite responsive. I haven't had a similar issue, but it was on other topics.

Offline boxer44

• USA
      • View Profile
      • WordWizard
    « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:27:15 am »
    Thanks .. will go that way.  It says: Reply to this email, but of course, it's Amazon and doesn't always mean what it says :)   

Offline jb1111

• PNW US
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 05:55:45 pm »
    I think the bots get confused. It happened to me once, and luckily I was able to resolve it quickly. You change a title, the bot may think you're trying to publish the same book with two titles, or something like that.

I would definitely try to contact a real person using the support links, as jm2019 said, you'll get a real person and they can straighten it out for you.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 05:20:03 am »
    This seems to be a common glitch going around. Best thing to do is keep trying to get things straightened out. Use the Contact Us link at KDP, not Amazon customer service (they have no clue about KDP, it's just wasting their time and yours).

Also, if this is a paperback, you may have to really hustle to get it straightened out. Due to ISBN rules, you can't change titles without publishing a new book with a new ISBN.

Offline boxer44

• USA
      • View Profile
      • WordWizard
    « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 12:29:12 pm »
    Actually, Amazon published the print version, and it's for sale ... but the E-book is sitting and I cannot even get in to fix it, if I knew what's holding it up.  It's says - continue set-up - but it won't let me in. It's been over a week.  I know, holiday, but computers don't rest --  Or do they ?  :)

When I attempt to search it - it says no page exists, not even the old version.  I hesitate to just add it as a new book, because that will give it a new release date, and it's been around four years. That might get me in a blocked status, and might affect my other books as well.   Stumped here ...

On another thread, someone mentioned jeff at amazon dot com, and some other instructions, but I can't find the thread...  anyone see it, and can link it?  Thx   

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 12:50:12 pm »
    You use the jeff at amazon as a last resort. The email goes to an executive team, not Bezos himself. They have the ability to look into accounts and fix things. If the book isn't showing live, and you've tried to escalate through the Contact Us link (responding to email received, rather than starting over with a new email), then it may be the only thing to do. Explain what's happened simply with details, and ask them to check into it.

Offline Renado

• USA
      • View Profile
      • topessaybrands.com
    « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 12:50:46 am »
    Good!
    We work for you, use and save your time.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement