Author Topic: Anybody else get this message?  (Read 348 times)  

Offline MMSN

• View Profile
Anybody else get this message?
« on: November 30, 2020, 10:35:45 am »
Did anybody else get this message from KDP?

"Youve written the perfect story, now give it the audience it deserves this festive season. And with so many e-readers potentially being unwrapped over the festive period, January is a great time to promote your titles too.

To help with your festive campaigns, were giving you an exclusive offer of 10 in free promotional clicks per month. Terms and conditions apply.*

To claim your offer, run a Sponsored Products campaign on 1 December with no set end date. 10 in promotional clicks will automatically be added to your account for you to use until 31 December 2020. Continue running your campaign until 2 January 2021 and receive an additional 10 in credits. These promotional credits can be used until 31 March 2021. "

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
      • View Profile
    Re: Anybody else get this message?
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 12:02:21 pm »
    I didn't. Did you just get it today? And what is the question mark supposed to be. Is that $10?

Have you checked the terms and conditions? I bet they have a minimum spend to get your 10 whatever.

Okay.  No more questions.  :D

Offline psnew

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 12:49:17 pm »
    Yes, and it was in my Amazon message center, so it's legit!

Too bad I can't do more advertising on Amazon right now because the ad reviewers are scandalized by mild skin exposed while couples are embracing.

Offline MMSN

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 01:26:05 pm »
    Thanks! I guess I'll try it. (The question marks are actually British pounds sterling.) It's so weird though. My last two campaigns on AMS did terribly and I'd decided to stop doing AMS until at least next summer. Then, bam, as soon as I'd decided that, I get this from this: "*Terms and Conditions of the KDP Author Holiday Retention Promo.
    For selected KDP Authors registered for Sponsored Products, Amazon will apply a promotional clicks amount of up to 10 to the Advertisers Amazon sponsored ads account, which can be redeemed for Sponsored Products.

1. This promotion is only available to KDP Authors individually invited by Amazon to participate (Advertisers). " Notice the word "Retention." How did they know I was about to leave? Jeese, the Ammy Algo knows all.

IMA-- these are the "catches". Not too bad! 
    "2. The Advertiser must launch or extend at least one Sponsored Products campaign to run on 1 December 2020 with no end date. This is the Qualifying Action No.1 to redeem 10 in promotional clicks valid until 31 December 2020. Once the Qualifying Action No. 1 has been taken, Advertisers must maintain at least one active campaign on 2 January 2021. This is the Qualifying Action No.2 to redeem an additional 10 in promotional clicks, valid until 31 March 2021.
    3. Advertisers will be charged for any clicks received before the promotional clicks have been applied and for all advertising that exceeds the promotional clicks amount. Advertisers can suspend or pause their ad(s) at any time before the promotional clicks amount is exhausted if they do not wish to receive additional advertising charges. Advertisers are responsible for monitoring promotional clicks usage, as Advertisers will not be notified once the promotional clicks amount has been exhausted."
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 01:28:18 pm by MMSN »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement