Author Topic: Problem with pre-order listing  (Read 381 times)  

Offline abgwriter

• Florida, USA.
    • View Profile
Problem with pre-order listing
« on: January 13, 2021, 02:16:48 pm »
Hey, guys!
Ok, so I'm having a little problem and I thought to let the hive mind know and see if they had a solution.

CONTEXT: I am planning a series re-launch for February 14. I've re-covered my first book, updated the blurb and I'm currently in the process of giving it an extra editing round and re-uploading. I have a bunch of promos stacked and everything. Now, as part of the re-launch and as pressure for myself, I lined up 2 more books in the series, book #2 and a short novel prequel, and put them on pre-order for February 28 and March 30. Hopefully the pre-orders will see some activity from the first book promos, but that's neither here nor there. 

PROBLEM: The pre-order for my prequel seems to be malfunctioning. And I don't know why. I uploaded them both at the same time, and book 2's pre-order is behaving well, the page displays the cover properly and it automatically linked into my series page. The prequel is doing none of those things. In my author profile, the pre-order appears live, but the Zon page is not displaying the cover, and is not linking to the series or appearing in the search. What can I do to fix this?
I'm leaving a link below for both pre-orders as reference.

MALFUNCTIONING PREQUEL: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SLZJRHG
BOOK #2 (WORKING PROPERLY): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SLZKD51

Arel B. Grant | Cover Design | Newsletter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    Re: Problem with pre-order listing
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 02:22:58 pm »
    How long have the books been up? I've had books take a day or so to show their covers sometimes. Also, you probably already know this, but the prequel won't appear on your series page unless it's a numbered book in your series (Book 1, for example).
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:25:18 pm by Carol (was Dara) »

Offline abgwriter

• Florida, USA.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 03:00:44 pm »
    The book is been up for a couple of days already. I thought to give it until the end of the week but I don't want to get to close to the Feb 14 date and risk it not being up properly on the date of the promo.
    And about the series, I kind of figured, so I'll have to change the listing.  :-\

Offline katherinef

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 02:32:03 pm »
    Whenever my preorder's cover doesn't show up, I just republish. That usually works.
    De gustibus non est disputandum.

Ignore people's pet peeves and write on!

"If you tell me the characters should be smarter, I'm going to wonder if you've actually met any humans." - T

Offline abgwriter

• Florida, USA.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 08:29:47 pm »
    Ok new issue:
    The cover problem did not get fixed so I cancelled the Pre-order and started the process of re-publishing the book as a new item, but now it's not letting me list it as Pre-Order. Is that normal? What do I do?

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 09:34:19 pm »
    Ok new issue:
    The cover problem did not get fixed so I cancelled the Pre-order and started the process of re-publishing the book as a new item, but now it's not letting me list it as Pre-Order. Is that normal? What do I do?

Canceling a preorder causes you to lose preorder privileges for a year. Amazon is making exceptions right now, though, according to their Help page, so you might have success emailing them and requesting your preorder privileges back. Going forward, if something like this happens again, don't cancel the preorder. Email KDP for help. 

Offline abgwriter

• Florida, USA.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 10:06:54 pm »
    Thank you very much!
    I'll try emailing them and see if I can get it fixed.  :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement