Author Topic: Forum Decorum  (Read 523383 times)  

Vijaya

Re: Forum decorum
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2018, 05:58:39 pm »
Hi all! I'm just wondering about the three verification fields I need to fill out each time I reply to a post. Have I missed a step in registration somehow, or is this one of those things where you're a filthy newbie and the fields go away once you've made a minimum number of posts? It's just that I'm getting a little weary of once again confirming that Ms Christie is, in fact, the author of Murder on the Orient Express.

TL;DR: I'm really human, I promise! rubs tentacles

I'm having to verify too. Is it because I registered and then didn't post for nearly a month? I don't want to ask newbie questions so was primarily reading to learn. Thanks. V

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #151 on: June 22, 2018, 06:02:32 pm »
    Is there something about having a minimum amount of posts? I am a long way away from having under 10(or whatever) posts so I wouldn't know, just guessing here.

Vijaya

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »
    Yes, it must have something to do with my newbie status. Thanks. I will do my proper penance. lol. V.

Offline RyanChapman

• Maryland, USA
      • View Profile
      • Clipping Path
    « Reply #153 on: September 09, 2018, 10:22:48 am »
    Thanks for sharing details about forum rules.
    Ryan Chapman

Offline jsbangs

• View Profile
    « Reply #154 on: September 21, 2018, 02:02:07 am »
    How is one supposed to get ahold of forum owners/moderators by email these days? I found two different email addresses floating around in the footer and other info, but both of them send back email errors when I tried to write to them.

Offline OliviaMibl

• Professional book cover designer
      • View Profile
      • MiblArt| Custom Book Cover Design
    « Reply #155 on: September 27, 2018, 02:46:43 am »
    How is one supposed to get ahold of forum owners/moderators by email these days? I found two different email addresses floating around in the footer and other info, but both of them send back email errors when I tried to write to them.

Me too!
    Any email adress doesn't work! I can't contact to the  owners/moderators.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #156 on: September 27, 2018, 03:20:21 am »
    To be clear, you can contact any of the moderators here via PM (as you have done, Olivia)  We are not employees of VerticalScope, we are forum members who volunteer our time here.  Our responsibilities are limited to moderating member posts to ensure conformity with Forum Decorum (to included editing and deleting individual posts) and to assisting members with how to use the forum.

The site owners are represented by the site admin, vsAdmin.  You may contact vsAdmin via our PM system or by clicking this link.

The site owner, VerticalScope, has instructed that members seeking account removal PM their on-site admin, vsAdmin, or email [email protected] They apparently have a GDPR-compliant process in place for data removal, which they've said may take up to 30 days to complete. 

For questions about ads, we've been advised that members should contact [email protected] or the site admin, vsAdmin.

I will send a PM to vsAdmin pointing to this thread.

Betsy
    KB Mod

(In some forums here, you may see the word "administrator" underneath my name at left; this is incorrect: I have no administrator privileges or powers.  I have asked the site owners to correct this to prevent misunderstandings.)
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:43:25 am by Betsy the Quilter »
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Viviane Foppa

• Brasil
    • What for?
      • View Profile
      • Viviane Foppa
    « Reply #157 on: October 02, 2018, 09:23:08 am »
    Ok... I guess I can live with that!  ;D

Offline Irene Eng

• New York
    • ... truth is indeed stranger than fiction...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: December 17, 2018, 08:17:31 am »
    Good morning or evening everyone...
    I'm new here and technically-challenged!
    Trying to make my first post
    Thank you
    Irene Eng

Offline paulmichaelpeters

• Ann Arbor, MI
    • You like to read. I like to write. Let's connect.
      • View Profile
      • paulmichaelpeters.com
    « Reply #159 on: February 02, 2019, 02:47:33 pm »
    This is my first post on Kboards. While I have been an author since 2012, here I am in 2018 just joining. I am looking forward to this experience.

p2
    Paul Michael Peters is an American writer of thrillers, suspense, and the unexpected. He is best known for his twists and take on the quirky tangents of contemporary life.

Combustible Punch explores the psychological dance between that most unlikely of odd couples: a serial killer and a high school shooting survivor.

Sign up for free website newsletter to download a free copy of "Mr. Memory and Other Stories of Wonder" at https://paulmichaelpeters.com/

#paulmichaelpeters #thriller #suspense
    Paul Michael Peters | Everywhere Man | Goodreads Giveaway | Kirkus Review | Stories and Soundtracks | Paul Michael Peters

Offline KellMartin

• View Profile
      • KellMartin.net
    « Reply #160 on: February 03, 2019, 10:22:12 pm »
    I was thinking about posting a free little short story on The Book Bazaar, but it's not on Amazon or Kindle. May I link it to my website? or post the story in a thread? It has a few pictures too.

Offline RogreDogre

• View Profile
    « Reply #161 on: February 17, 2019, 01:36:15 pm »
    I would like to offer editing and proofreading services to authors, as well as formatting for Kindle uploads. Where can I do that, and what are the protocols? Where can I find others that are doing the same, so I can determine appropriate service fees?
    Thank you.

Offline Taydawg1982

• View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: March 12, 2019, 08:14:10 am »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement