Author Topic: Happy Owl Case/Bag  (Read 22589 times)  

Offline GinnyB

• Upland CA
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Owl Case/Bag
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2010, 06:30:59 am »
I'm so confused over what I ordered back in July, however, I just emailed H.O. to say I wanted the soft pleats since that's what y'all have received and like. AND... they are here not still in China being manufactured! I'll let you know what they say.

I think what confused me was when they sent the confirmation and I had to pick one. I didn't know the difference!

Confusing.

Ginny B

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline GinnyB

• Upland CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #151 on: December 16, 2010, 07:19:18 pm »
    Here is the latest from H.O. Needless to say, I'm angry and I asked for a complete refund. I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

GabeHappyOwl to me                                             show details 10:30 AM (8 hours ago)
    Your red clutch has not shipped yet. since it is in either Batch 2 or 3, it is currently either being sent over by international air freight from our manufacturer or in customs.

Attached to this email is the shipping timeline form our site, updated on 12/9, so please add a week to the time frames listed.

By the time we ship your item, we should have tracking information available so you can trace its progress.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay :)

Think Happy,
    Gabe

Gabe Hernandez
    [email protected]
    www.happyowlstudio.com
    www.twitter.com/happyowlstudio
    Ginny B

Offline GinnyB

• Upland CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #152 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:26 pm »
    After I told H.O. to cancel and that I was going to dispute their charge, here is the message I received: (I opted for the soft pleats and did not cancel my order.) Good grief, I'm so tired of this battle!

Happy Owl Studio to me
    show details 7:37 PM (42 minutes ago)
    Ginny

Your order would be shipping in Batch 2 because that's when Red Clutches are arriving in our warehouse. The customers who have received their products already ordered either Black Wallets or The Limited Edition Red Clutch (softer pleats, vs knife pleats on the standard Clutch). If you'd like to change your order to a Limited Edition Red Clutch it will ship immediately.

Let me know if you'd still like me to cancel your order or if you'd like to change it to the Limited Edition Red Clutch. If you do want to wait for the standard Red Clutch (knife pleated), it is due to arrive at our warehouse this or next week (depending on customs) and you're definitely at the front of the line for one.

Devon
    Happy Owl Studio
    Ginny B

Offline sem

• Very Southern CA
    • I read therefore I kindle!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #153 on: December 16, 2010, 08:37:32 pm »
    Well, I know that you have been through the mill with this case. I received the red clutch with the soft pleats this week and I think that you will like it. I have gotten a lot of complements from co-workers and colleagues at meetings. It stands up nice for typing and viewing movies or TV. It doesn't hold a lot but I just carry a tote with the extra junque - I generally leave the tote in my trunk except at work.
    SEM

Offline StaceyHH

• View Profile
    « Reply #154 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30:19 pm »
    I would never do business with a company that has shown this much incompetency/bad faith. What happens if something in your product is defective? Is it going to take another 6 months and all of this round and round to get it taken care of? Just make sure you don't go past the deadline to dispute the charge. Who cares how nice the product is if it's this much of a pain and negotiation to get it? You have to take a downgrade just to get delivery? You have to choose another product other than the one you ordered and were promised, just so you can get your order fulfilled?

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #155 on: December 17, 2010, 01:34:37 am »
    Mine arrived as well and it's much better in person. I too went red leather limited edition.

They took forever but I think they are just terribly inexperienced with overseas production and schedules.

As stated it is not a handbag alternative but it's perfect for client meetings. Buttery soft leather. Very professional .
    We never see things as they are... We see them as we are... Anais Nin

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #156 on: December 17, 2010, 01:38:40 am »
    What is everyone else's overall experience ?
    We never see things as they are... We see them as we are... Anais Nin

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #157 on: December 17, 2010, 04:49:53 am »
    Ginny, what did you decide to do?

Yogini, are you still happy with yours?

After all this, did anyone else order from this "company"?

Offline sem

• Very Southern CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: December 17, 2010, 05:37:22 am »
    The product is very nice. I really like it. That said, I think that the folks running this company - I envision a couple of young folks in their parents garage - didn't have any idea of what they were getting into. I'm sure that they would do it differently if they do it again. Remember the growing pains that Oberon had? Nothing compared to this company but ... I must be a cockeyed optimist but I just ordered the thing and put it in the back of my mind, knowing that it was a preorder and would probably take a while to arrive. I wish them well and think that they would be advised to do everything that they can to make their customers whole. I would be interested in the experience of someone who orders now.
    SEM

Offline GinnyB

• Upland CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #159 on: December 17, 2010, 06:04:39 am »
    I think, and this is just a guess, that the confusion started when I got the confirmation email. I had to check red clutch or limited edition. Not knowing which was which, I probably checked the wrong box. This is just a guess. Two people said I ordered the red clutch... but of course I did! I just didn't know one was being delivered now and the other was still an itch somewhere in China.

I told Devon that I wanted the soft clutch. I think they are overwhelmed. What's odd though is that they don't allow an open comment on FB or on their website. If they had allowed this then they may have relieved some fears.

Apart from my sunglasses, I don't carry much, so it may be all I need when I opt to take my iPad with me. I'm still home recuperating from rotator cuff surgery, so I don't need it for work at the moment. I'll be patient at this point. I have probably "talked" to every person in the H.O. office! When I get it, I'll send them all a nice email - hopefully praising their bag!

Is the strap long enough for cross body?

Ginny B

Offline sem

• Very Southern CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: December 17, 2010, 03:25:50 pm »
    Yes, the strap is adjustable so it can go from very short to very long (or removed completely). Loving it more as we become better acquainted.
    SEM

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #161 on: December 17, 2010, 05:46:19 pm »
    We need photos, sem!  Pretty please!

Offline yogini2

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: December 17, 2010, 06:35:03 pm »
    I just got a camera that is going to let me upload some pictures.....as soon as I figure out this camera.  Hopefully tonight.
    Kathy

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: December 17, 2010, 07:11:42 pm »
    Yeah, yogini! ( this from someone who has challenges in posting photos! LOL) ;D

Offline yogini2

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #164 on: December 17, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »

Offline yogini2

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #165 on: December 17, 2010, 10:00:45 pm »
    I'm over my head here.  I bungled my way into one of the pictures but I can't seem to get it all and the right size. That is the picture with a few things in it.  You can see it can't hold much without distorting the whole thing.  kathy

Offline yogini2

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #166 on: December 17, 2010, 10:13:29 pm »

I hope this one worked.  this is all the stuff I put in the first picture

Offline yogini2

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #167 on: December 17, 2010, 10:15:03 pm »
     I have a headache now.  I need to go to work tomorrow.  I'll bungle my way through it again tomorrow. This is enough to drive me to drink. 

kathy

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #168 on: December 18, 2010, 06:50:52 am »
    Thanks, yogini! I appreciate your efforts!  I think I would use it just for the case and not as a purse.  I hope you are able to post more photos later.  They offer a much better representation than the ones online.

Offline kay_dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #169 on: December 18, 2010, 07:22:10 am »
    Thanks for posting yogin. I was half thinking about this as a case option, but your photo makes it clear it's not a case that will work for me.

Offline sem

• Very Southern CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #170 on: December 18, 2010, 07:39:57 am »
    I'll try to post pictures but I'm not much good at it! I don't have the distortion because I carry a tote or briefcase and just put essentials in the HO - driver's license, cc, iPod and cell phone. Much more than that and it distorts but with that little bit, it looks good.
    SEM

Offline StaceyHH

• View Profile
    « Reply #171 on: December 18, 2010, 09:43:32 am »
    Here's your photos:

Empty:

Landscape:

The stuff that was in the case:

Offline GinnyB

• Upland CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #172 on: December 18, 2010, 10:30:44 am »
    This case will work for me! I don't carry that much stuff even in a full purse! I should say...this case will work for me if I ever get it!

H.O. never responded to me after I said I wanted the limited edition, which they said would ship immediately. I think they're stringing me along. Duh.
    Ginny B

Offline VictoriaP

• Rainy, dreary, gray Puget Sound
    • ^ ...wish I was back here...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #173 on: December 18, 2010, 11:15:01 am »
    Thanks for posting yogin. I was half thinking about this as a case option, but your photo makes it clear it's not a case that will work for me.

Me too--it bulges far too much with very little in it, and as we discussed, no way can I put my sunglasses in it. Or a typical keyring with a car remote.  Their statement of being able to carry "Everything the modern woman needs" is pretty silly after seeing what little it can hold.  If I have to carry a case AND another bag, there are better cases out there, some for less money and most for a lot less hassle.  Too bad, it's a pretty color though.

Thanks for the real life pics, they help put purchases like this in perspective!
    "If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats." -- Richard Bach, "Illusions"

Offline yogini2

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: December 18, 2010, 01:44:34 pm »
    Thank you, Stacy, for posting my pictures.  I was going to spend a few hours figuring it out.  This stuff is not second nature fore me.  I just received the Zagg case/keyboard.  I plan on posting pics that show the Zagg and the Happy Owl Case is not going to work.

Their pictures of what they put into the Happy Owl Case includes a  collapsible key board.  I don't know how the case would zip up with that in there.

Kathy
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:39:30 pm by yogini2 »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement