Author Topic: Best Buy offers Accidental Damage Protection!  (Read 2393 times)  

Offline redboxcar

• View Profile
Best Buy offers Accidental Damage Protection!
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:34:45 pm »
Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum or has already been mentioned in another thread (I searched, didn't find anything)...
And also, forgive me if this isn't considered a "special deal"  :-[

But anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm super excited that Best Buy is now selling Kindles because they offer accidental damage protection.  If anything were to happen to your Kindle for it to stop functioning properly, including if you were to crack the screen or spill liquid on it - you get a brand new, replacement Kindle in store! No shipping, no waiting, no hassle. :)

They are offering a 1, 2, and 3 year accidental plan, as well as 2 and 3 year standard (non-accidental) coverage for a very reasonable price.

Not to mention their rewards program and their special financing offers, which also seal the deal for me.

Yiippeee!!!  ;D ;D ;D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    Re: Best Buy offers Accidental Damage Protection!
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:39:19 pm »
    Here's another take: "Why Former Best Buy employee recommends Squaretrade warranties over Geek Squads Black Tie Protection"

http://lifehacker.com/5659223/why-former-best-buy-employee-recommends-squaretrade-warranties-over-geek-squads-black-tie-protection
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline redboxcar

• View Profile
    Re: Best Buy offers Accidental Damage Protection!
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 12:33:08 pm »
    Here's another take: "Why Former Best Buy employee recommends Squaretrade warranties over Geek Squads Black Tie Protection"

http://lifehacker.com/5659223/why-former-best-buy-employee-recommends-squaretrade-warranties-over-geek-squads-black-tie-protection

Not too shabby.  I can definitely see a few benefits of Square Trade over Geek Squad Protection.  However, the easiness of having a place to take my Kindle into and get it swapped out on the spot, the Reward Zone points, and the promotional financing I get from putting it on my Best Buy card (yes, I have to finance, hehe) makes Best Buy a great choice for me!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement