Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697377 times)  

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
    • View Profile
This is a home away from home from the infamous Fossil bag thread - share all your fun shopping finds here - slippers, shoes, jewelry, kitchen gadgets, etc. Enablers welcome!  ;D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline julip

• View Profile
    I won't repeat it all here, but be sure to check out my review on my beloved Nespresso instant espresso machine in the Keurig thread.  ;D My DH and I love strong coffee, and this has been our main coffee brewer for the over the past 1.5 years. We could not be without it!

Here's the first part of my Nespresso review  ;D:

https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7589.msg699930.html#msg699930
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:49:37 pm by julip »

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    Oh, what fun. I'm happy to see a general shopping thread where we can discuss our favorite things, great finds, and bargains, too.
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    Wooo Hoooo julip!!!!! You go girl! :D So glad to see you started this. As for your nespresso..as you know...I have one on the way ::) Can't wait to get it. I want to submit these great slippers again incase those that haven't ventured into the bag thread lately didn't see them. This was a great recommendation by julip. They are just like the 100.00 UGGS and are at Target for 15.00. They come in Black, Grey, Chestnut, Tan, Brown and Navy.

Uggs-100.00

Target-15.00

http://www.target.com/Womens-Chandra-Suede-Slippers-Chestnut/dp/B000F8LIIK/ref=br_1_3?ie=UTF8&node=14126061&sessionID=176-4662352-8426522&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-3&qid=1286990811&rh=&searchBinNameList=style_name,target_com_shoe_size-bin,target_com_primary_color-bin,price,target_com_brand-bin&searchRank=reviewrank&frombrowse=1
    "1000th person to post on the AA thread"

Offline julip

• View Profile
    Oh, and if you are wanting to do picture links like you can do from Harvey's auto-linker for amazon, it is really easy!:

1) click on the "insert hyperlink" icon above angry smiley
    2) without moving cursor (while the cursor is still between the url tags), click on 'insert image'
    3) go to image on site and right click, then highlight and click 'copy image url'
    4) paste in between image tags
    5) go back to product page and copy the address in the address bar
    6) add an = sign to the right of the left url tag (i.e. [ url= ]) (don't put the extra spaces next to the brackets, though - I had to for demo purposes because otherwise it turns the rest of the message into a link)
    7) paste address bar url to the right of the equal sign

And voila, you should have a clickable image. If the image isn't showing up (which happens when I've tried to link to a QVC picture), simply right click the image and 'open image in new tab', then copy/paste the url from the new address bar - though most of the time you won't need to do this.

It is much easier than it sounds - once you do one or two, it will become second nature!

Offline louiseb

• DFW
      • View Profile
    This is my Christmas present for almost everyone in my family this year, including a set for me:

Wine Chill Drops

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/skybar-wine-chill-drops/?pkey=cwine-bar-tools%7Cglswinwin
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:53:42 am by louiseb »

Offline unknown2cherubim

• Lost in the Mighty Redwoods, No. Cal.
    • I'm a librarian, it is the best job on earth.
      • View Profile
    Hey!  I love the title!

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    Yaayyyy! Great initiative Julip, thank you - I think??  ;D

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    This is my Christmas present for almost everyone in my family this year, including a set for me:

Wine Chill Drops

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/skybar-wine-chill-drops/?pkey=cwine-bar-tools%7Cglswinwin

While we're in a wine mode, I have and love this:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vinturi-wine-aerator/?pkey=e%7Cvinturi%7C2%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
    « Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:59:17 pm »
    Hey, I am all over this thread!  I LOVE to accessorize!  It's fun and doesn't have to cost a fortune!  LOL  Count me in! :)

Offline louiseb

• DFW
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:00 pm »

While we're in a wine mode, I have and love this:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/vinturi-wine-aerator/?pkey=e%7Cvinturi%7C2%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules

:) I gave that to several people last year, it was a hit.

Offline Vet

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 01:23:34 pm »
    Nice gift ideas thanks!

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »
    I don't need a nespresso machine, I don't need a nespresso machine, I don't need a nespresso machine, I don't need a nespresso machine (especially not the cute red citiz  model I just spent the last 15 minutes checking out), I don't need a nespresso machine....

Offline angelmum3

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 02:00:27 pm »
    OMG - I LOVE the Wine Chill Drops!! (and william sonoma!)

I also have the wine aerator!  We've tried taste taster with and without - not much difference in wines under $10!   (LOL my usual price point!  However, every now and again my wine store has close out wines - wines that are just this side of going bad - and the wine aerator is perfect for those wines - keeps the sledge down!)

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
    Helen Keller

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03:34 pm »
    Luckily for me, that so far none of this stuff is calling out to me.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03:59 pm »
    LOL, I'm all over this thread like white on rice too but right now I'm in the market for some expensive tires for my bicycle ($50 each) and I'm sure you are not interested in those but I'll be back to accessories very soon!  ;D  

I'm keeping watch and anxious to see how many pages this thread goes!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 02:05:38 pm »
    Luckily for me, that so far none of this stuff is calling out to me.

Just wait.  The fat lady has not sung!  That's exactly what I said on the handbag thread and I am now the proud owner of two large Sutters. 
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline ZsuZsu

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 02:17:09 pm »
    This might be pushing the "shopping theme" just a little.... but here is my hubby's birthday present (nothing like a gift that keeps requiring monthly payments!)

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:06 pm »
    Just wait.  The fat lady has not sung!  That's exactly what I said on the handbag thread and I am now the proud owner of two large Sutters. 

I have two large Sutters too!  I challenge anyone to post something here that would tempt me.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline hsuthard

• Honolulu, HI
      • View Profile
      • Suthard, Party of Five
    « Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 02:43:16 pm »
    My recent purchase, I'm giddy with excitement about it!

2011 Buick Enclave

Also, this looks so cute sitting on the seat beside me (I have the one in the middle, in Baroque):

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:46:04 pm by hsuthard »
    -- Holly.

The more we live, the more beautiful we are.

Offline ZsuZsu

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 02:52:01 pm »
    I LOVE the Vera bag!!!!!

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »
    I don't need a nespresso machine, I don't need a nespresso machine, I don't need a nespresso machine, I don't need a nespresso machine (especially not the cute red citiz  model I just spent the last 15 minutes checking out), I don't need a nespresso machine....

That's exactly the one I'd be getting if I was crazy enough to get a 3rd model. And I would too, if I only had the room.  ;D

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 04:03:13 pm »
    That's exactly the one I'd be getting if I was crazy enough to get a 3rd model. And I would too, if I only had the room.  ;D

Awww come on, I have a TINY kitchen. But I somehow always find room for 1 more kitchen gadget. :D That red citiz sure is purrrrty ;D
    "1000th person to post on the AA thread"

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 04:07:36 pm »
    Oh no, I'm wondering if this thread was a good idea ... my want/need list is growing longer by the second!  :o

I love Williams-Sonoma! It's just about Peppermint Bark season.  ;D Ooh, louiseb, I'm loving those wine chillers. What a unique and great gift idea!! I'm going to need some of those myself.

akpak - I love your whole list. I especially love cozy socks and Smartwool. I also have a Muzetto (Pine) which I got right when they debuted, and it is such a well-made bag. And rut roh, I've been wanting the Mr. Bento box they have on amazon, but what fun stuff the bento site you found has!! And I'm loving the dragon stuff on the Pyramid Collection site - Neo, did you click on this site??  ;D

Zsu Zsu - niiice bday present for your hubby!! Was it a complete surprise?

hsuthard - wow, congrats on your new car! Accessories are a must for a new car!  ;D  I love those new Veras. I tried to stop myself from going to look at the new bags - a lot of good that did me. :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement