Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697371 times)  

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2010, 10:50:35 am »

WAIT!  I'm hyperventilating.  WHY do you "need" all three machines?  Please, please give us a mini review.  I've been thinking about getting ONE of these at some point.

LOL! I love coffee and I like variety. ;D The Tassimo uses T-discs, they have a bar code on them and the machine reads it, so it knows exactly what you are making. You can purchase the T-discs at various stores as well as online. I've seen them at Target but I buy mine at BB&B. There are numerous companies that make them including, Starbucks, Gevalia, Seattle's Best, Maxwell House, Twinings and several more. The Nespresso I just got yesterday so julip can probably tell you more, but it uses capsules that you can only get at Nespresso.com. But they ship in 2 days and the flavors I've tried so far are excellent. So it just depends on your preference. I bought the Tassimo at BB&B for 129.99 with my 20% coupon it was 103.99 and it has a 30.00 mail in rebate so I only paid around 70.00 for the machine. The Nespresso I ordered from Amazon and paid 106.15. Hope this helps :)
"1000th person to post on the AA thread"

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #101 on: October 16, 2010, 11:10:54 am »
    LOL! I love coffee and I like variety. ;D The Tassimo uses T-discs, they have a bar code on them and the machine reads it, so it knows exactly what you are making. You can purchase the T-discs at various stores as well as online. I've seen them at Target but I buy mine at BB&B. There are numerous companies that make them including, Starbucks, Gevalia, Seattle's Best, Maxwell House, Twinings and several more. The Nespresso I just got yesterday so julip can probably tell you more, but it uses capsules that you can only get at Nespresso.com. But they ship in 2 days and the flavors I've tried so far are excellent. So it just depends on your preference. I bought the Tassimo at BB&B for 129.99 with my 20% coupon it was 103.99 and it has a 30.00 mail in rebate so I only paid around 70.00 for the machine. The Nespresso I ordered from Amazon and paid 106.15. Hope this helps :)

Yes, that definitely helps.  Thank you.

One more question:  If you were only buying ONE machine (or a first machine), which would you buy?
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
      • View Profile
    « Reply #102 on: October 16, 2010, 11:23:09 am »
    I love my Vitamix machine! I got my ferrari red pro from BB&B earlier this year with a coupon.  I had to order it in store to use the coupon, and have it shipped to me since they didn't carry it in store. We make green smoothies in it regularly - this is my favorite. We love the Naked Juice Green Machine drink, and this tastes just like it. I'm really looking forward to seeing demos tomorrow for the TSV!

http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/

Going Green Smoothie
    Yield: 3 1/2 cups (840 ml)

1 cup (160 g) green grapes
    1/2 cup (78 g) pineapple
    2 cups (60 g) fresh spinach
    1/2 ripe banana, peeled
    1/2 cup (120 ml) water
    1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes

1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
    2. Select Variable 1.
    3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
    4. Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.

And my favorite steaming hot soup recipe, also from the Vitamix recipes:

Sweet Potato Soup
    Yield: 3 cups (720 ml)

1 baked sweet potato, halved
    1 roma tomato, quartered
    1/2 apple, large
    1 carrot, medium
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 vegetable bouillon cube
    1 1/2 cups (360 ml) water

1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
    2. Select Variable 1.
    3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
    4. Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #103 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:20 am »
    Here's my Nespresso and Tassimo set up  :D. Excuse the T-disc boxes ... still looking for a cute container to keep them in:

I have a link to my review of the Nespresso on the first page of this thread (links to the Keurig thread). My DH and I love strong coffee, and he could not do without the Nespresso. 97% of the time he drinks from it. I like more variety so I am more 60/40 for the machines, favoring Nespresso. If I had to give up one, I would keep the Nespresso, but that is only because we are more espresso drinkers than regular coffee drinkers. If you were to have just one machine and you like more variety - espressos, capps, lattes, tea, coffee, hot cocoa, etc. I think you would be thrilled with the Tassimo. The geek in me loves that it reads a barcode to customize the water (plus you can add more or stop it early to make it stronger) and I also had to have the one that shines the blue light down in the cup, along with the LCD screen.  ::)

The Starbucks coffees are all excellent for the Tassimo. My favorite right now is the Verona, but the espresso roast is really good too. I'm not much of a latte drinker, but the Starbucks latte is really good. Also, both hot cocoas are excellent. I've been happy with just about all the ones I've tried for the Tassimo! And the Nespresso - I love each and every one of the capsule flavors (a brewer variety first for me) but we usually stick to stocking the ones with intensities 7-10.

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #104 on: October 16, 2010, 11:37:33 am »
    Here's my Nespresso and Tassimo set up  :D. Excuse the T-disc boxes ... still looking for a cute container to keep them in:

I have a link to my review of the Nespresso on the first page of this thread (links to the Keurig thread). My DH and I love strong coffee, and he could not do without the Nespresso. 97% of the time he drinks from it. I like more variety so I am more 60/40 for the machines, favoring Nespresso. If I had to give up one, I would keep the Nespresso, but that is only because we are more espresso drinkers than regular coffee drinkers. If you were to have just one machine and you like more variety - espressos, capps, lattes, tea, coffee, hot cocoa, etc. I think you would be thrilled with the Tassimo. The geek in me loves that it reads a barcode to customize the water (plus you can add more or stop it early to make it stronger) and I also had to have the one that shines the blue light down in the cup, along with the LCD screen.  ::)

The Starbucks coffees are all excellent for the Tassimo. My favorite right now is the Verona, but the espresso roast is really good too. I'm not much of a latte drinker, but the Starbucks latte is really good. Also, both hot cocoas are excellent. I've been happy with just about all the ones I've tried for the Tassimo! And the Nespresso - I love each and every one of the capsule flavors (a brewer variety first for me) but we usually stick to stocking the ones with intensities 7-10.

Wow, thanks for the info.  I've been thinking about one of these machines for a year now but never made a decision.  Christmas is coming ... Time for serious research.
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #105 on: October 16, 2010, 11:42:47 am »

What julip said ^^^^^^^^^ :D

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #106 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:24 am »
    Oops ... I forgot to ask ...

Which is "better" -- Tassimo or Keurig???  I think that's what I would be choosing between.  I don't need a dedicated espresso machine (at least not now).

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #107 on: October 16, 2010, 11:57:09 am »
    Oops ... I forgot to ask ...

Which is "better" -- Tassimo or Keurig???  I think that's what I would be choosing between.  I don't need a dedicated espresso machine (at least not now).

I still love my Keurig. But at this point if I had to choose between the two I think I would pick the Tassimo. That's just because for me personally, I like strong coffee and have only found a few of the extra bold k-cups I like. And the flavored coffees, for the most part, are a little weak unless I use the smallest cup setting for everything. The Tassimo, so far, has had excellent coffee flavors and you can just push the button to stop the water for stronger coffee or push it again to make it weaker. The price for the k-cups and the T-discs are about the same. Plus the Tassimo takes up less room unless you buy the Keurig mini. But I don't like with the mini you have to add water for each individual cup. So again..it's all according to your preference and variety wanted. :)

Offline Thumper

• Dixon, CA
    • Will work for cookies
      • View Profile
      • Thumper Thinks Out Loud
    « Reply #108 on: October 16, 2010, 11:59:28 am »
    LOL! You are all going to think I'm nuts if you don't already, but not only do I know about this too, I also want one! I saw it on my local news a few months ago because they have a demo center about 15 minutes from me.

I need to decide between the aforementioned Fusion and the slightly older version:

This is the one the contestants on The Biggest Loser get to play with... I can't decide which I would prefer.

Plus, we're both looking at getting these for winter:

Life could get very expensive if I cave in to my inner child...

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #109 on: October 16, 2010, 12:18:08 pm »
    I need to decide between the aforementioned Fusion and the slightly older version:

This is the one the contestants on The Biggest Loser get to play with... I can't decide which I would prefer.

Plus, we're both looking at getting these for winter:

Fool that I am, here goes...WHAT is that bottom piece of equipment?  Looks really interesting.

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #110 on: October 16, 2010, 12:19:56 pm »
    I still love my Keurig. But at this point if I had to choose between the two I think I would pick the Tassimo. That's just because for me personally, I like strong coffee and have only found a few of the extra bold k-cups I like. And the flavored coffees, for the most part, are a little weak unless I use the smallest cup setting for everything. The Tassimo, so far, has had excellent coffee flavors and you can just push the button to stop the water for stronger coffee or push it again to make it weaker. The price for the k-cups and the T-discs are about the same. Plus the Tassimo takes up less room unless you buy the Keurig mini. But I don't like with the mini you have to add water for each individual cup. So again..it's all according to your preference and variety wanted. :)

That's what I've really been wondering.  I've sampled coffee from the Keurig at Costco, but not the Tassimo yet.  The attributes you pointed out on the Tassimo sound fantastic.  I'm going to look at that one for sure.  I think it's time.  I'm extremely interested in the flavors available.

Offline Thumper

• Dixon, CA
    • Will work for cookies
      • View Profile
      • Thumper Thinks Out Loud
    « Reply #111 on: October 16, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »
    That's a Skki Trikke... it's the winter version of the Trikke:

That was my Spring I-have-to-have-it toy. Tons of fun.
    I think the Skki is going to be even more awesome...now watch the snow amounts be nonexistent this year...

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #112 on: October 16, 2010, 12:29:16 pm »
    ;D ;D ;D I love that.

I have found my people!  I want the spring version of your toy!  It looks like so much fun.

If anyone ordered the Clarasonic from Amazon that I linked, I'd cancel the order and use the link for the lesser expensive one posted right above.  I'm thinking of getting my DIL one for Christmas!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline angelmum3

• View Profile
    « Reply #113 on: October 16, 2010, 12:32:32 pm »
    seriously - this is one mighty dangerous thread!!

and went to sub yesterday - they now have those type of coffee machines!!  I almost took a picture, but there was too many people watching!! LOL
    One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
    Helen Keller

Offline luvmy4brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
    • Eastern Shore, MD
      • View Profile
    « Reply #114 on: October 16, 2010, 12:43:04 pm »

I REALLY want one of these.

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #115 on: October 16, 2010, 12:47:24 pm »

That's what I've really been wondering.  I've sampled coffee from the Keurig at Costco, but not the Tassimo yet.  The attributes you pointed out on the Tassimo sound fantastic.  I'm going to look at that one for sure.  I think it's time.  I'm extremely interested in the flavors available.

I haven't found a stinker in the bunch....yet. :D If you happen to like caramel..which I LOVE, try the Gevalia Caramel Latte Macchiato. It's my favorite when I want to have an evening sweet treat instead of eating something I shouldn't. ::)

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #116 on: October 16, 2010, 12:54:42 pm »
    I haven't found a stinker in the bunch....yet. :D If you happen to like caramel..which I LOVE, try the Gevalia Caramel Latte Macchiato. It's my favorite when I want to have an evening sweet treat instead of eating something I shouldn't. ::)

Oh, wow!!!!  Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  That sounds delicious.  I was just saying to my son the other day how much I love caramel.  We've been getting (mostly he has been getting) their Caramel Frappes.

THEN I could pour the caramel from the Tassimo into my Vitamix with some ice and make my own Caramel Frappe.  See where THIS is GOING?
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:59:44 pm by Candee15 »

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #117 on: October 16, 2010, 01:53:05 pm »

Oh, wow!!!!  Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  That sounds delicious.  I was just saying to my son the other day how much I love caramel.  We've been getting (mostly he has been getting) their Caramel Frappes.

THEN I could pour the caramel from the Tassimo into my Vitamix with some ice and make my own Caramel Frappe.  See where THIS is GOING?

I see it as you going to buy a Tassimo soon. :D

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #118 on: October 16, 2010, 01:58:35 pm »
    I see it as you going to buy a Tassimo soon. :D

I didn't say THAT.  I'm getting Christmas ideas <g>...for me...

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #119 on: October 16, 2010, 02:37:59 pm »
    I've been doing a bit of online research of the Tassimo T20 and the Tassimo Suprema.  By this point I'm exhausted from transcribing and trying to keep up with all the things I NEED <g>.  Sooooo, what is the DIFFERENCE between the two Tassimo models?  Please help.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:21:52 am by Harvey »

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #120 on: October 16, 2010, 04:07:49 pm »
    I've been doing a bit of online research of the Tassimo T20 and the Tassimo Suprema.  By this point I'm exhausted from transcribing and trying to keep up with all the things I NEED <g>.  Sooooo, what is the DIFFERENCE between the two Tassimo models?  Please help.

The T20 is the one I have. I think it's the newest model. Basically they both do the same thing. The Suprema has a larger water tank and a built in water filter. It has an LCD  display. So basically it is a little fancier.

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #121 on: October 16, 2010, 04:57:39 pm »
    The T20 is the one I have. I think it's the newest model. Basically they both do the same thing. The Suprema has a larger water tank and a built in water filter. It has an LCD  display. So basically it is a little fancier.

I defintely don't need a larger water tank.  I'm usually the one only drinking coffee.  The T20 would be perfect.  Thanks for the info.  Back to researching.

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #122 on: October 16, 2010, 07:45:34 pm »
    A continuation of the Philosophy discussion from the Fossil thread  ;D - I LOVE Purity and get the jumbo bottle with pump dispenser when they have it on a nice discount on QVC a couple of times a year. A little really does go a long way. I use it to wash my cosmetic brushes too - it is the best.

I also really love the Graces, mostly Pure Grace and Amazing Grace, though I also have recently started loving Baby Grace every so often. I normally don't like the sweet scents (Falling In Love didn't agree with me) but Baby Grace is not too sweet at all, a very comforting scent. I often get headaches from scents, but not from these! Who else got in on that nice TSV trio they had a couple of months ago, with the shower gel, lotion, and spritz? I went on auto-delivery for that and got the Amazing Grace first, Baby Grace will arrive this month, and then I'll change the auto delivery to a year for the next shipment. I already have plenty of Pure Grace but will need a restock in about that time frame!

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #123 on: October 16, 2010, 07:48:42 pm »

I am not normally a latte drinker, but I do like this one! And for anyone who may adopt a Tassimo soon and tries this or any 2-step creamer drink ... don't forget to shake the creamer disc before putting it in the machine like I did!  :D I wasn't crazy about the taste of it the first time but found out later I was supposed to shake the creamer, and it did end up making a difference for the 2nd cup.   ;D

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #124 on: October 16, 2010, 08:35:21 pm »
    And here I go, looking at the Tassimo now  ::)!... Please shoot me!!!!!

I know that many people don't really iron anymore, but I still do, especially for my work clothes. Except that I have switched from an iron to a steamer! It has truly changed my life, and I now do in 15mn every week what I used to do in 2 hours or so (granted, I was never a fast ironer, and a bit of a perfectionist -- my friends say I'm anal, but I prefer the term perfectionist  ;D). It also goes a long way in refreshing clothes in between trips to the dry cleaner!

I have a Tobi and I'm quite happy with it (although it seems to get a lot of negative reviews  ???). After 2 and a half years of good and faithful service, it is however tiring a bit. I am considering replacing it with a Jiffy somewhere down the line.

But I'm not going back to the iron, and I'm sticking with the steamer  :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement