Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697067 times)  

Offline Jen

• Member # 103
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #10925 on: September 21, 2016, 05:35:14 am »
We are of many varying ages around here, believe me!! I agree that too much makeup on really anyone looks bad, I see people on Instagram or whatever all dolled up and that's not even close to where most of us go. We mostly just appreciate good products that are preferably as natural looking as possible, for the most part! Especially brushes, don't even get Cobbie, Neo or I started on that topic  8) Honestly, I think a good part of me loves makeup so much because I'm totally obsessed with my brushes!! 

Addie - I had what we call a shower moment this morning (like it came to me that I didn't respond to something in the shower or some random time...) You mentioned the Drunk Elephant C serum - I'm also a Drunk Elephant addict! It's done more for me than any other C serum I've used as well.  I also love the glycolic night serum, and use both daily. However, the night serum didn't work at all for Neo, so it isn't for everyone. I also use the Marula Oil mixed with my moisturizer in the morning. I love that it's all natural ingredients with no parabens, perfums and especially no animal testing. 
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
    Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
    « Reply #10926 on: November 06, 2016, 05:38:12 pm »
    Hiiiiiii everyone!!!!  Sorry I've been MIA, honestly I don't get notifications anymore and if it weren't for Cobbie and Neo mentioning conversations here I wouldn't have thought to check in! 

Ruby, I'm so happy to see you checking in - I think about you every once in a while! I'm sorry Ohio didn't work out, and about everything else that has happened! You are one strong woman, I so admire you. I'm glad to hear you're back home. Rest up and heal fast!!! 
    I also discovered Kryolan thanks to Wayne Goss, and I'm obsessed with the camoflauge concealer. It covers up small blemishes better than any concealer I've ever used. This is not one for under the eyes, though - it's super thick. 
    Speaking of Ben Nye - one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE products is the banana powder!!!  I use it as an under eye concealer setting powder and brightener - it's the cheapest product I probably own, but it'll forever have a spot in my drawer.
    Hi Jen and everyone! I said I'd check in here more often and here it is early November already. It's been a long haul for me since I last wrote. I am finally scheduled to return to work on November 14th. Have been slowly getting back to "normal" again. I have had weekly doctor appointments for the last 2 months as there was a small part of one of my incisions that wouldn't heal. I was afraid of infection but it finally closed, thanks to Medihoney (a cream that is 80% honey). Have also been doing physical therapy 2x/week, trying to rebuild ankle strength and regain range of motion. I also finally finished unpacking and organizing everything. I've come to the conclusion that I have too much stuff, lol! The only thing I have bought recently is the new Anastasia Beverly Hills foundation stick. I really like it , got a great color match and it's reasonably priced, unlike the Hourglass stick. I've really streamlined the products I use. My 15 year old is just getting into wearing a little makeup. Mostly concealer, tinted moisturizer and a little brow pencil. I'm trying to steer her toward more natural products as the chemicals and additives scare the crap out of me. Anyway.....things continue to look up and the girls have adjusted well to small town life. We love being 5 minutes from my (soon to be 91 year old) mom. Jen, thanks again for your kind words. Give the Buckeye state my regards! Ruby 💗

KBoards.com

• Advertisement