Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697376 times)  

Offline corkyb

• Albany, NY
  • My yorkie angel
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »

I have one of these.

It works great.  I can't remember the brand we had before, but I hated that one.  This works like a charm.  Yes, I put the hanger over the door in my bathroom, but I haven't had a problem with it.  I wouldn't say that much steam hits the door itself.  I am always moving the wand and steaming the clothing.  Remember, the back of the dress, shirt, whatever, it another layer of protection.  It's just really handy for me!

What kind is that?  How much did you pay for it?  Looks like a good one.
100th person to post 1,000 times

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #151 on: October 17, 2010, 06:42:46 pm »
    What kind is that?  How much did you pay for it?  Looks like a good one.

That's the Rowenta one.  I see it on Amazon and other places for around $49.99.  I can't remember what I paid.  I'm thinking I bought it at BB&B about a year ago, with a 20% off coupon.  Th reviews on Amazon aren't great, but we LOVE this steamer.  It's very simple to work with, and I have done a LOT of steaming with it. 
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline Barbiedull

• View Profile
    « Reply #152 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »
    I try to stay out of this thread...(since I am always broke from the accessories thread).. but wanted to let
    everyone know that drugstore.com has a 20% code (WELCOME20).  I actually bought a Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Canister Vacuum there today. With the coupon it was much cheaper than I had seen it anywhere else. (Not to mention I get 5% back in "drugstore dollars", and 6% back through Ebates right now.) 

No minimum order, but free shipping on $50+

Offline Rita

• Kentucky
    • Aspiring Amateur Picture Taker!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #153 on: October 17, 2010, 07:13:24 pm »
    Oh, this thread is SOOO not going to be good for my pocketbook!!  ::) I'm seeing too many neat things that I'd like to have (especially the steamer).

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #154 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:59 pm »
    It's good to see new faces showing up.   8)  Welcome!  Can't wait to hear about your fabulous finds too!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #155 on: October 17, 2010, 07:42:31 pm »
    Oh, this thread is SOOO not going to be good for my pocketbook!!  ::) I'm seeing too many neat things that I'd like to have (especially the steamer).

We are all so with you!!!! After all I've already purchased a Clarisonic Mia, which I didn't even know existed 48 hours ago and now can't WAIT to get!!!!!!!!  ;D

But seriously: the steamer changed my life!

Welcome to the thread  :D

Offline lonestar

• View Profile
    « Reply #156 on: October 17, 2010, 07:53:19 pm »
    Ruby: I'm on Clarisonic Mia watch with you!!! But I went with Amazon as I'm partial to white  :D

Lonestar, which one did you get? Links please  ;D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QOGXOG/ref=oss_product?tag=kbpst-20

This is the link to the Clarisonic I ordered.  It should be here on Wednesday and I'm excited about it.  I've seen these advertised but until reading about it here, I had not seriously considered it.  Enabled again!!!!!
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:47:35 pm by Harvey »

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #157 on: October 17, 2010, 07:59:58 pm »
    Thank you Lonestar!!!! Added to my wishlist, in case I love the Mia so much I decide I NEED the bigger one for my body too  :D

Hey, at least you had heard about those before: I didn't even know they existed! Talk about enabled  :D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline corkyb

• Albany, NY
    • My yorkie angel
      • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: October 17, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »
    We are all so with you!!!! After all I've already purchased a Clarisonic Mia, which I didn't even know existed 48 hours ago and now can't WAIT to get!!!!!!!!  ;D

But seriously: the steamer changed my life!

Welcome to the thread  :D

Neo, what steamer do you have?
    100th person to post 1,000 times

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
      • View Profile
    « Reply #159 on: October 17, 2010, 09:49:16 pm »
    Yes, totally! Actually, when steaming from the inside, I hold it right to the clothes, and slightly pull on the bottom of the garment with the other hand: I then just glide the nozzle up and down the fabric from the inside. The nozzle being against the fabric actually helps maintaining the "tension" or rather keeps it straight (if you know what I mean) and helps getting the wrinkles out in a faster and easier way.

Thank you sooo much Neo and everyone else for your steamer info and tips! I am definitely going to get one - sounds like it is a great time saver and really does the job! Glad to see so many people treating themselves to a Mia - Kindle Gracie should be getting a big thank you gift from Clarisonic!!  :D

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: October 18, 2010, 12:29:58 am »
    The Jiffy steamer that Neo wants is at Costco for a little cheaper!  :o

(click below to go to product page)

Sorry about the late reply guys! I posted last night and went to bed, exhausted (too much virtual shopping, lol).

Anyway, right now, I have the Tobi:

As you will see, the reviews are all exceptionally bad! There must be some kind of quality inconsistency or people are just not doing things right, because I never had any of the problems all those folks seemed to have! I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond at the time.

To learn how to use it, I simply followed the instruction provided on the demo video on the Tobi website - which now that I'm looking for it to link it here seems to have completely disappeared (hem, that can't be good!!!!). However, the infomertial also shows how to use it and can be viewed on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCPkqlLwhlE

What I have learned through practice: it works better for me when I steam clothes from the inside. And while you can't burn/scorch any clothes (that's one of the big pluses: works on EVERY type of fabric), you can definitely burn yourself with the super hot steam!!!!! I've always hug all clothes on a hanger which I then hang to the Tobi hook thingy where the nozzle also rests.

I am now considering the Jiffy:

The reason I'm considering the Jiffy instead of the Tobi now, is that if I'm already so in love with the product everybody else seems to hate according to the reviews, I figure I will be totally delirious with the Jiffy which gets so many glowing reviews, lol  :D! I know, totally rational, right  ::)...

Hope this helps and answers some of the questions  :)

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #161 on: October 18, 2010, 09:43:35 am »
    Thank you Julip on the Jiffy!!!!!

On a super surprising positive note: my Clarisonic Mia has already been delivered to my place today!!!!! I know that Amazon Prime is awesome, but on this one I'm blown away, as I just ordered on Friday VERY late evening. So excited!!!!!!! Of course, I'm at work and have to wait till tonight to see/touch it (and probably wait until tomorrow to play as it seems one should let it fully charge for 12 hours first...), but still  ;D
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:48:12 pm by Harvey »

Offline Rita

• Kentucky
      • View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: October 18, 2010, 09:59:07 am »
    Thank you for the kind welcome Kindle Gracie and Neo!

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: October 18, 2010, 11:37:43 am »
    Thank you Julip on the Jiffy!!!!!

On a super surprising positive note: my Clarisonic Mia has already been delivered to my place today!!!!! I know that Amazon Prime is awesome, but on this one I'm blown away, as I just ordered on Friday VERY late evening. So excited!!!!!!! Of course, I'm at work and have to wait till tonight to see/touch it (and probably wait until tomorrow to play as it seems one should let it fully charge for 12 hours first...), but still  ;D

Wow, that was fast! I got the pink one (some of the proceeds will benefit BCA), and I got shipping notice so I'm hoping for Weds arrival. Please give us a "first impressions" review if you can, and happy cleansing!!

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #164 on: October 18, 2010, 11:45:14 am »

Hi, Rita,

I think we sort of "met" last night on the Keurig board.  You have nooooooo idea what you're in for here and the handbag thread.  You'll need some Sleepytime tea to calm you down <g>.  Seriously, it's FUN.
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline Rita

• Kentucky
      • View Profile
    « Reply #165 on: October 18, 2010, 12:53:39 pm »

Hi, Rita,

I think we sort of "met" last night on the Keurig board.  You have nooooooo idea what you're in for here and the handbag thread.  You'll need some Sleepytime tea to calm you down <g>.  Seriously, it's FUN.
    Hey Candee...Yes we did.  ;D I have a feeling I'm gonna need a lot of Sleepytime tea!!  ::)

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #166 on: October 18, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »
    Hey Candee...Yes we did.  ;D I have a feeling I'm gonna need a lot of Sleepytime tea!!  ::)

Yup.  Be prepared to have a lot of new needs if you don't already own a LOT of handbags, a Clarisonic, a steamer.  The list goes one and on.  At least you already have a Keurig, so you've got THAT covered.  I can't wait until MY Keurig arrives.  I have a box with 48 holiday flavors to enjoy and NO Keurig.  Sigh!

Offline Rita

• Kentucky
      • View Profile
    « Reply #167 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:24 pm »
    Thankfully I am not that big into handbags (at least right now)! When is your Keurig supposed to arrive?

Offline lonestar

• View Profile
    « Reply #168 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:35 pm »
    Thankfully I am not that big into handbags (at least right now)! When is your Keurig supposed to arrive?

I always just used one black purse until it died-  that is until I became involved with THOSE enablers.  I had already bought a Vera Bradley.  I then bought four Fossils.  I'll never be able to count how many books I have because of this board.  Of course, there's also the Clarisonic I ordered.  AND the wish list?  I'm trying not to look at it.  Good luck and most of all HAVE FUN!  I have.

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #169 on: October 18, 2010, 01:58:50 pm »

I'm not sure.  It says "in fullfillment" phase and the order can't be changed.  I imagine it should be shipping very soon.  There is an ESTIMATED arrival date of 10/22-10/28.  By that time I'll have a whole collection of coffee.  Just kidding...but I did buy the carousel to put the cups in, too <g>.

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #170 on: October 18, 2010, 05:09:29 pm »
    Soooo, finally got home and met my new Clarisonic Mia  ;D

I got the white one, and first off the bat: it really is super cute, if one can say that of an object one will be using to clean one's face  :D

I think the size is perfect to hold in hand, and am actually glad I went with this "small" model - really, it's not THAT small, but then I have no idea how it compares to the "normal" size Clarisonic.

2 disappointments though: first, you have to let it charge for 24 hours before first use  :o, so no trying it out before tomorrow night - think I will survive until then  ???  :D
    Second, considering the price and the fact that this model is made for traveling, you'd really think they could have added some kind of little pouch or something to store it for transportation, no? Am I too spoiled?  ;D So now I'm off looking for some kind of small plastic pouch/cosmetic bag to transport my Mia when traveling (which I'll be doing in a couple of weeks). Any pointers in that direction would be much welcomed  ;D
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:54:57 pm by Harvey »

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #171 on: October 18, 2010, 05:16:30 pm »
    The brush is the same (size) regardless of whether you have the Mia or the regular sized Clarasonic, so nothing lost! 

Secondly, I don' t have anything to store mine in.  I just put it in my monogrammed toiletry bag with the cover over the brush.  I'm anxious to see what others come up with though.   ;D
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
    « Reply #172 on: October 18, 2010, 06:01:20 pm »
    Neo, that's too bad that you can't use the Mia tonight, but thanks for the heads up on the charge time. I was thinking I would be able to use mine shortly after arrival. How big is it anyway? For storage and traveling I was thinking a smallish cosmetic bag, like one that you get as a GWP at one of the makeup counters? Or just a good old ziploc bag? Guess we'll have to figure that out soon. I don't expect to travel until Thanksgiving. Hope you're going someplace fun!

Offline Rita

• Kentucky
      • View Profile
    « Reply #173 on: October 18, 2010, 06:14:47 pm »
    I was flipping through the channels yesterday and started watching QVC. They were selling a set of WrapMaster Plastic Dispensers. These are used to store your tin foil, plastic wrap and wax paper without the waste and inconsistent tearing that you get from leaving them in the box they come in not to mention the cuts you get from those little strips. When they demonstrated how the plastic wrap tears off in strips and you can't get it unwrapped from the regular roll versus using the WrapMaster I was sold.

If I see something on QVC that I really like I always check Amazon to see if they have them at a cheaper price, but Amazon didn't have these.

They will be delivered Wednesday!  :D

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.V28870.desc.Set-of-3-WrapMaster-Plastic-Wrap-Foil-Wax-PaperDispensers

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: October 18, 2010, 06:49:47 pm »
    I was flipping through the channels yesterday and started watching QVC. They were selling a set of WrapMaster Plastic Dispensers. These are used to store your tin foil, plastic wrap and wax paper without the waste and inconsistent tearing that you get from leaving them in the box they come in not to mention the cuts you get from those little strips. When they demonstrated how the plastic wrap tears off in strips and you can't get it unwrapped from the regular roll versus using the WrapMaster I was sold.

If I see something on QVC that I really like I always check Amazon to see if they have them at a cheaper price, but Amazon didn't have these.

They will be delivered Wednesday!  :D

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.V28870.desc.Set-of-3-WrapMaster-Plastic-Wrap-Foil-Wax-PaperDispensers

Hi Rita!
    Hahaha, here we go again - I have these and LOVE them! Unfortunately for me, I bought my set just over a month before they offered the set that included the one for wax paper, so I only have the foil and plastic wrap. But before I would get so frustrated with saran wrap or foil if it happened to catch and rip unevenly.

I do the same thing when I see something on Q - more often than not, it can be had cheaper on amazon, especially with Q's crazy shipping policies, but this product is a true Q find. I'd love to have one more to use with parchment paper, but those rolls are usually too long for these dispensers anyway.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement