Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697305 times)  

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2010, 07:25:22 pm »
Confession:  when I got my Mia I couldn't stand it.  I let it charge for a while and then I used it for 2 minutes and put it right back on the charger.   ::)
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #176 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:24 pm »
    I can't imagine why it would need a 24 hour charge, but then I've never had one.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
      • View Profile
    « Reply #177 on: October 18, 2010, 08:18:45 pm »
    Soooo, finally got home and met my new Clarisonic Mia  ;D

I got the white one, and first off the bat: it really is super cute, if one can say that of an object one will be using to clean one's face  :D

I think the size is perfect to hold in hand, and am actually glad I went with this "small" model - really, it's not THAT small, but then I have no idea how it compares to the "normal" size Clarisonic.

2 disappointments though: first, you have to let it charge for 24 hours before first use  :o, so no trying it out before tomorrow night - think I will survive until then  ???  :D
    Second, considering the price and the fact that this model is made for traveling, you'd really think they could have added some kind of little pouch or something to store it for transportation, no? Am I too spoiled?  ;D So now I'm off looking for some kind of small plastic pouch/cosmetic bag to transport my Mia when traveling (which I'll be doing in a couple of weeks). Any pointers in that direction would be much welcomed  ;D

Neo, I don't know how I missed this! Yay, congrats on your Mia's arrival! I agree it is cute. The size is exactly what made me buy it when I already had the MD original size pink model. It's a much better size for travel plus the original has a charging base. I love the little magnet charger for this one. The 24 hours is probably just a battery conditioning thing because of it being a new battery. After that, though, no worries on how often you charge since it doesn't have the memory effect.

Any cute cosmetic case will do. I haven't really browsed them, but Sephora does have their F&F 2010 sale coming up in 3 days, so maybe find a cute one there. I'm sure amazon has a bunch of cute ones too, or Target.
    Sephora bags & cases

Here's a cute dragon one, kind of pricey, tho' :):

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #178 on: October 18, 2010, 08:34:50 pm »
    So who else is waiting on the Sephora sale? I'm always saving up my list for the Big Day. What's on your lists? These are my staple things that I stock up on during the sale, but I may find a couple more things to throw in the basket:

Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - specifically Stash, Bourbon, Oil Slick and Crash (don't know why some of those say exclusive - I've seen them at Ulta) Stash specifically I go through many of those a year!

Bliss Naked Body Butter - though I probably won't this year since I have huge things of Philosophy Grace lotions at the moment! It's a perfectly wonderful unscented moisturizer, though, for people who can't take scents well!

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #179 on: October 18, 2010, 10:08:05 pm »
    I've never even heard of Sephora's F&F 2010 sale. This thread makes me think I probably never should have bought a Kindle. ;D
    Uhh ... I'll probably get a Clarisonic Mia, maybe Versace Bright Crystal (I adore the scent), some Philosophy body wash gift sets (the giant single body washes are waaay too big for me, and I end up getting tired of the scent), maybe some nail polish and Philosophy's Purity. I'm also starting to run out of a Sephora eye shadow I use all the time, so I'll probably get that as well.

Julip, how long does the sale last? Is it just for the one day? Does it only work online?
    "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
    -Heraclitus

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #180 on: October 18, 2010, 11:59:43 pm »
    Addielove - from what I understand, the only way to get the 20% off in-store is by knowing someone who works for Sephora. They would be able to give you a physical coupon. Otherwise, the Friends & Family 20% coupon code is passed around through forums by word of mouth, along with the dates since it's different every year. It's never something officially announced by Sephora, so there was one year I missed it when I forgot to be on the watch for it! The coupon code is not hard to figure out, as the code always seems to be FF + the date.

This year it will be FF2010, and the dates are now rumored to be between 10/22-11/3.  Stock disappears very quickly and sells out, though, so the best course of action is to start filling up your saved cart now (I believe you have to be signed in for it to save) and then hit the button as soon as you are good with your order. Don't take my word for it, but I am thinking I've used the coupon code more than once for the same year, so if you forget something, you can go back and get the discount again.

You know, I usually tire of scents very quickly and need a change, but something about those Graces I can use them all the time and never get sick of them. I do love those little bottles of the sweeter scents every so often, though, and could never have them in larger! I am liking your list so far!  :D

Sometimes I think of the money I could have saved had I never made that fateful 'kindle accessories' google search last year -  :o - but what fun would that be?  ;D

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #181 on: October 19, 2010, 12:18:27 am »
    Thanks, Barbiedull, for this coupon! Drugstore.com used to be one of my favorite places to order from because you could find just about everything and anything there. It's been awhile since I've visited that site ... might have to take a look-see since they've been sending me "we miss you' emails.  :D

Oh wait!! This is great for anyone who can't wait on the Sephora sale to start, since you can find much of the same products on drugstore.com on their linked beauty.com store AND most states have no tax! So for anyone who isn't in NJ, NY or WA should check them out for larger ticket items like the Clarisonic. The drugstore.com and beauty.com items all collect in one shopping bag, but you will have to click back on the drugstore.com cart to see your discounts.

I try to stay out of this thread...(since I am always broke from the accessories thread).. but wanted to let
    everyone know that drugstore.com has a 20% code (WELCOME20).  I actually bought a Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Canister Vacuum there today. With the coupon it was much cheaper than I had seen it anywhere else. (Not to mention I get 5% back in "drugstore dollars", and 6% back through Ebates right now.) 

No minimum order, but free shipping on $50+

Offline Sendie

• Qawra, Malta
      • View Profile
    « Reply #182 on: October 19, 2010, 05:17:59 am »
    I have a question for the Clarisonic people - which one is better?  the Mia or the Pro?  I would like one that can also be used on my body, can the Mia do that?  Right now I have both in my shopping cart at Sephora, but I can't afford both and I don't need both......HELP!  LOL!

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #183 on: October 19, 2010, 06:00:48 am »
    I just checked my tracking number and my North Face Apex Grace jacket is out for delivery!  I have the North Face Metropolis parka for super cold weather and love it!  I think this will be perfect for fall and spring.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3032750?origin=stylenumsearch

I need to figure out how to insert the picture and not just the link.......

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #184 on: October 19, 2010, 07:36:11 am »
    I have a question for the Clarisonic people - which one is better?  the Mia or the Pro?  I would like one that can also be used on my body, can the Mia do that?  Right now I have both in my shopping cart at Sephora, but I can't afford both and I don't need both......HELP!  LOL!

Hi Sendie - welcome to the shopping thread!  ;D The Clarisonic you choose really depends on how you think you'll use it most I think. The body brush heads only work with the Pro and Plus models. The advantage of the Mia is the compact size and small charger. It is a little lighter and smaller than the other models. If you think you will want to use it for the body much of the time, you would be better off with the Pro or Plus. If you think it will be mostly for cleaning your face or you will be traveling a lot with it, you may be happier with the Mia. Not that you can't travel with the larger model, since it is not really that much bigger, so it really comes down to usage.

Here's a good comparison chart on the Clarisonic site:
    Clarisonic Comparison Chart

edited to add this picture someone posted showing a Mia and a Classic side by side (white one is a different model, I think discontinued):
    Pink Classic, Yellow Mia Side by Side

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:55:43 am by julip »

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #185 on: October 19, 2010, 07:38:36 am »
    I just checked my tracking number and my North Face Apex Grace jacket is out for delivery!  I have the North Face Metropolis parka for super cold weather and love it!  I think this will be perfect for fall and spring.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3032750?origin=stylenumsearch

I need to figure out how to insert the picture and not just the link.......

Skyblue - I love this jacket! It is such a sleek and flattering style. I love North Face stuff and was so sad when the outlet near me closed. Please report back how you like it when you try it out!

Making the picture links is really super easy! Here are instructions. Once you do one or two, you will really find it as easy and fast as including any link:

Image Link Instructions
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:41:54 am by julip »

Offline angelmum3

• View Profile
    « Reply #186 on: October 19, 2010, 07:44:06 am »
    I just remembered I wanted to check out zappos for some boots (I have big feet! and zappos has my size!)

sephora F&F sale, I thought one year you could get the coupon for in store use?  (I bought stuff for my sons then girlfriends/ now a dil and a fiance!  So it couldnt have been too long ago!)

off to shop!
    One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
    Helen Keller

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #187 on: October 19, 2010, 07:51:18 am »
    I just remembered I wanted to check out zappos for some boots (I have big feet! and zappos has my size!)

sephora F&F sale, I thought one year you could get the coupon for in store use?  (I bought stuff for my sons then girlfriends/ now a dil and a fiance!  So it couldnt have been too long ago!)

off to shop!

Oooh, what boots? Congrats on finding them in your size! I have always heard you had to know someone who works at Sephora to get the coupon. Please share if you find the coupon another way ;D! (Although for myself, it is more convenient to order online, since I end up getting enough for the free shipping anyway ;).)

Happy Shopping!  :D

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #188 on: October 19, 2010, 08:13:10 am »
    I shop at skinstore.com.  Right now they have 20% off storewide with the coupon AUTUMN20.  My coworker got her Clarasonic Mia there.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #189 on: October 19, 2010, 08:22:50 am »
    Sounds like some stores are getting a head start over Sephora on bargain shoppers! Thanks for the code for skinstore - I've shopped with them too and they have great service!

For anyone looking for a Linens-N-Things online coupon:
    oktfest2010 for 20% off one item through 10/26/10. Certain brands may be excluded.

Offline angelmum3

• View Profile
    « Reply #190 on: October 19, 2010, 08:26:35 am »
    Skyblue - I love this jacket! It is such a sleek and flattering style. I love North Face stuff and was so sad when the outlet near me closed. Please report back how you like it when you try it out!

Making the picture links is really super easy! Here are instructions. Once you do one or two, you will really find it as easy and fast as including any link:

Image Link Instructions

thanks for the tutorial, now I just need to remember how to "right click" on the macbook pro!

I'm trying to stay in the "under $100" price range, I would like a pair I could wear from home, thru the snow to the car - then keep them on at work... currently I either wear crocs, or running shoes.  

I have to add I am a Bare Minerals girl!!  I usually buy at Ulta tho - using a coupon, or QVC when they have specials!  

In between purchases twice a year I go to the cosmetique sale!
    http://www.cosmetique.com/
    I love getting their stuff for $1  - $1 compacts, eye shadows, eye liners, nail polish, eye creams, face creams, and my favorite is the swiss perfume (box says price is $55 - $35 - I get it twice a year for $3!)
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:30:52 am by angelmum3 »
    One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
    Helen Keller

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #191 on: October 19, 2010, 08:43:39 am »
    I am having trouble with adding the photo.  I think it has to do with the = sign.   >:(

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #192 on: October 19, 2010, 08:43:51 am »
    Those are cute!! I like the strappy design.

Oh boy, another Macgirl.  :D Clicking down on the trackpad with two fingers should do it.

I love Bare Minerals! I used to drive a couple of hours north just to go to the Beverly Hills boutique as it was the only one in the area at the time. It has since closed, but an outlet store just opened at my outlet mall! I actually have stopped using their foundation in favor of Alima Pure, but I do still enjoy a lot of the other BE products.

Thanks for the link to Cosmetique - I have heard of them but have never explored - it sounds awfully dangerous with all those deals!
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:54:41 am by julip »

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #193 on: October 19, 2010, 08:47:43 am »
    Are you taking out the spaces? It should be

[ url= (product address) ][img] (jpg link) [/img ][ /url]

but without any spaces, which I had to add to make it not think it's a link.

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #194 on: October 19, 2010, 09:56:14 am »

Okay, the instructions didn't work for me, but I found a way that did!  ;) 

Offline rla1996

• AZ
      • View Profile
    « Reply #195 on: October 19, 2010, 11:04:08 am »

These are my current favorite purchase. I wanted a pair of shoes that I can kick on and off whenever I'm in a hurry.  I've had other flip flops, and sandals in the past and have never been able to wear them for more than a couple of hours without my feet and legs hurting the next day.  Already owning, and loving, a pair of Shape-ups.  I decided to try the tone-up sandal.  I picked this particular style because I have wide feet and most sandal straps hurt my feet. These ones have adjustable buckles that allow me to make the strap the size that I want. I thought that 49.99 was a bit steep for flip flops, but they are so worth it.  I can wear them all day (wore in preparation and to a birthday part that i was giving, intending to change into my shape-ups but never had the time) and not hurt the next day.  I would so buy these again.

Offline Rita

• Kentucky
    • Aspiring Amateur Picture Taker!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #196 on: October 19, 2010, 11:38:02 am »

Hi Rita!
    Hahaha, here we go again - I have these and LOVE them! Unfortunately for me, I bought my set just over a month before they offered the set that included the one for wax paper, so I only have the foil and plastic wrap. But before I would get so frustrated with saran wrap or foil if it happened to catch and rip unevenly.

I do the same thing when I see something on Q - more often than not, it can be had cheaper on amazon, especially with Q's crazy shipping policies, but this product is a true Q find. I'd love to have one more to use with parchment paper, but those rolls are usually too long for these dispensers anyway.

Hey Julip...Q only advertised for the two, but when I went to their site I found the set of three and ordered them instead. I can't wait to get them. They look like they will save a lot of sanity in the kitchen!! I just love handy dandy gadgets in the kitchen.  :)

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #197 on: October 19, 2010, 12:10:31 pm »
    Okay, so I went to Beauty.com (I'm all for no tax!) and there are three different colours of the Mia. The white, pink and yellow.

Out of all the choices, I think I want the pink (love getting a travel bag with it). The only problem is the descriptions. For the white and the yellow, it says that it includes "Clarisonic Mia with one speed (Waterproof), International pLink Charger for worldwide use, Sensitive Brush Head, Trial Size Cleanser."

For the pink, it says it includes "Clarisonic Pink Mia, Arcona Magic Pink Ice, (1oz), Clarisonic Chocolate Brown Mesh Travel Bag."

I'm probably being ridiculous, but does that mean the pink one doesn't come with a sensitive brush head? I know the picture shows it does, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's included. Any thoughts?
    "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
    -Heraclitus

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #198 on: October 19, 2010, 12:55:35 pm »
    Hmmm, I would think you are right and agree, AddieLove, about the sensitive brush head, especially with on the Clarisonic site itself it says that is what comes in the kit. Maybe call beauty.com's CS to make sure? They may only have the same description as you in front of them, but it might be worth a shot, and it might give you a basis for them to reimburse your return shipping if for some reason they say it is included and it's not. I think it must be, though. That is a really cute travel bag with it!

Oh Rita, do not get me started on kitchen gadgets lol. I am on a self-imposed no-buy unless I magically get a larger kitchen.  :D  You are going to love those dispensers!

rla1996 - I love toning sandals and I really love flippies, and those look super comfy! Are they leather? Link?  :D

Oh wait - I think I found them ... these? Ahhh, oiled leather upper. How is the fit? Size up or down?

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #199 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:06 pm »
    Okay, so I went to Beauty.com (I'm all for no tax!) and there are three different colours of the Mia. The white, pink and yellow.

Out of all the choices, I think I want the pink (love getting a travel bag with it). The only problem is the descriptions. For the white and the yellow, it says that it includes "Clarisonic Mia with one speed (Waterproof), International pLink Charger for worldwide use, Sensitive Brush Head, Trial Size Cleanser."

For the pink, it says it includes "Clarisonic Pink Mia, Arcona Magic Pink Ice, (1oz), Clarisonic Chocolate Brown Mesh Travel Bag."

I'm probably being ridiculous, but does that mean the pink one doesn't come with a sensitive brush head? I know the picture shows it does, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's included. Any thoughts?

Mmm, that's weird! I can't imagine it not coming with the brush head - or charger for that matter!!!!!!! I mean, really, then what would be the point? I do like the idea of the travel bag coming with it, as (as you may have seen) has been one of my disappointments with the white (else very happy with the "white" choice, as I'm not too much of a "pink" - or yellow! - kind of gal  :D). Can you maybe call their CS and ask a "real" person about it - just to make sure?

Thank you Julip for linking the picture of the cute dragon pouch: it's pricey but sooooo cute, not sure I can resist, lol! Made for me!!!!!

I wanted to report back this morning, to those wondering about the 24 hours charging: after over 12 hours charging, when I cheecked this morning, the Mia was still not fully charged, crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a light that blinks when charging and should stop blinking when it is fully charged. I put it to charge around 7:30pm last night. When I left the house at around 9:00 am this morning, it was still blinking! I am however glad I didn't get impatient and just left it alone: I have no idea what kind of battery is in there, but boy it's slow and I sure don't want to mess with it! I keep telling myself that last Friday I didn't even know what the Clarisonic was, and then I got it one day early anyway, so a bit of patience is in order (but boy it's hard  :D!)  ::). I do sure hope that it will finally stop blinking and be ready for use tonight though  ;D!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement