Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697384 times)  

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 04:10:00 pm »
Awww come on, I have a TINY kitchen. But I somehow always find room for 1 more kitchen gadget. :D That red citiz sure is purrrrty ;D

Don't you start!!  ;D  Seriously, we need to get our kitchen remodel going before I can buy anything more. Plus I need to make another run (or 50) to Goodwill.   ;D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 04:16:13 pm »
    I have two large Sutters too!  I challenge anyone to post something here that would tempt me.

Hmmmm..I love a shopping challenge. How about this ;D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-CIBAILI-Flute-Pink-and-Silver-Plated-Pro-Quality-/220505828190#ht_2175wt_934
    "1000th person to post on the AA thread"

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 04:32:34 pm »
    Neo, did you click on this site??  ;D

I hadn't  ;D

Now I have  >:(....   :D

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 06:42:08 pm »
    This thread is an EXCELLENT idea!  I'm loving it already and it's only 2 pages (in one day, I might add).  I've bought lots of Smartwool socks from Sierra Trading post.  I love them.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline angelmum3

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 07:05:45 pm »
    good grief, the page turned alredy!!   :o
    One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
    Helen Keller

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:52 pm »
    This thread is an EXCELLENT idea!  I'm loving it already and it's only 2 pages (in one day, I might add).  I've bought lots of Smartwool socks from Sierra Trading post.  I love them.

Oh, I looove Sierra Trading Post! Excellent source of great buys and closeouts. I started shopping with them before they had an internet store and it was all mail/phone order. Sometimes we would find out 2 weeks later what we ordered went out of stock so our order never went through. Thank goodness their CS has vastly improved from those days.  :D

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:06 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-CIBAILI-Flute-Pink-and-Silver-Plated-Pro-Quality-/220505828190#ht_2175wt_934

That pink flute is so pretty!! Makes me think I should learn how to play the flute just so I can get it.  :D

Offline Vegas_Asian

• Sin City
    • I know KungFu and 50 other dangerous words!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:14 pm »
    Bought a hoodie buddie. It's a hoodie with the earphone built in. Perfect for school. My friend wanted one. We googles them and they were on sale for 29.99 at jcpennys so we went and got them. I got the plain red so I can decorate it myself. Then almost bought a Harry potter costume

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 09:13:30 pm »
    I bought this at The Limited today. They have it in tan as well.

I already love this thread.
    "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
    -Heraclitus

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 09:39:41 pm »
    AddieLove - your new purse is adorable! Is that like a charcoal, or does it have a bit of plum to it? What a cute style!

Vegas_Asian - the hoodie buddies sound like a fun style. Having extra earbud wires getting in the way can get quite annoying, so what a great innovation. Great price at JCPenney - I'll have to check them out the next time I'm near one.

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »
    I thought it was pretty cute! ;D It's a dark plum colour. They call it burgundy on the site.
    And not to enable anyone or anything ;), but here it is: http://www.thelimited.com/detail/weave-front-hobo/1373602
    "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
    -Heraclitus

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »
    I recently picked up a pair of these Chef's Planet glass cruets from amazon after dealing with cruets and other oil dispensers that eventually get too drippy. These are great, and super cute too! The top stays on when tipped, and if there are any drips (minimal), the oil is caught by the bowl and simply drains back into the bottle. It never reaches the part of the cruet that you hold onto.

They also come in larger sizes, but I like the compact size of these. They are also at Bed Bath & Beyond.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 09:49:28 pm by julip »

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: October 13, 2010, 09:45:16 pm »

LOL.  (I know that you are joking) There have been discussions about flutes sold on ebay on the flutelistserve.  I haven't heard of this brand name, but I bet it's made in China.  The details tell it all (see the last line):

"This beautiful CIBAILI CFL-221PK_S flute is excellent value for money offering the student an instrument packed with features usually found on more expensive models. It is a generic model of the Yamaha YFL-221 the benchmark for student flutes. This instrument is, of course, brand new.

The high grade components used in the construction of this flute ensures it has an excellent tone. This stunning Pink and Silver flute has nickel-plated keys and not only looks amazing but plays beautifully too.

This is a standard closed-hole design that plays in the key of C. It is equipped with offset-G keys and split-E mechanism (for easier fingering) meaning the flute is especially recommended for younger players as well as the beginner flutist. It is highly responsive and plays with a solid tone, accurate intonation and produces a crisp clear sound.

Comes complete with a durable, velour padded, leather-look French style case, micro-fibre cleaning cloth, screwdriver and cleaning rod. Also included is a fingering chart and an instruction and care booklet.

These clarinets usually sell for 299 in retail stores."

A real Yamaha would make a good starter flute.  This one is probably as good as the Getzen used flute that I rented in 4th grade.  (We foolishly bought it and I played it in band for 5 years.)

I love pink, especially for accessories and ereaders, but I'll stick with sterling silver for my flute.  
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: October 13, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »
    I thought it was pretty cute! ;D It's a dark plum colour. They call it burgundy on the site.
    And not to enable anyone or anything ;), but here it is: http://www.thelimited.com/detail/weave-front-hobo/1373602

Love the color! It is really close to the aubergine Cole Haan's I saw at Nordstrom (posted in bag thread) today - 'the new black'. It looks like this color and mixing the weave with smooth is the new trend this season. I like it!

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:13 pm »
    If you are in the market for a nice pet water fountain, I am really happy with this Pioneer Pet one that I recently purchased for my cats. It's a little pricier than the Petmate Deluxe Fresh Flow they've been using for awhile, but it is so much easier to clean, take apart, fill, etc. They've also used the Drinkwell Platinum which was also very cumbersome for me to maintain. With both, the plastic eventually breaks down to the point where I've thrown them out and replaced them.

This company also has the same design in ceramic, but I love the aluminum because it is so light and easy to handle while washing in the sink. There are so few parts and it's basically like taking care of a simple aluminum bowl with a few easy lift off parts. Healthier too since some cats can develop acne from plastic. Most importantly, the kitties love it!

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »
    Love the color! It is really close to the aubergine Cole Haan's I saw at Nordstrom (posted in bag thread) today - 'the new black'. It looks like this color and mixing the weave with smooth is the new trend this season. I like it!
    Me, too. I don't have a bag in that colour--in fact, I barely have any winter bags--and I just loved it. Oh! I saw the ones you posted! I loved, loved, loved the weave one and the satchel with the weave. I always check out the purse thread whenever I see the "New" icon, but I try to quickly glance and run away. I've read the damage that thread has done! :D

Oh, and for shoes, I bought these today:

I'm going as a cowgirl for Halloween, and I think they'll go perfectly. I know, I know, so original for a Texas girl to go as that; but I'll be in DC, so it'll be less ordinary there. Maybe.
    -Heraclitus

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »
    I love the moto vibe to your new boots - very cute!! DC on Halloween should be a blast!

LOL I think we have all accumulated a little more than normal from the purse thread ;). I took a break from it for a week or so, but once I started peeking in again I started in on my obsessive compulsive purse searches again.  :D

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 11:21:30 pm »
    It'll be my first Halloween in DC, but I love the city; so I think I'll manage to have a good time. :D

That purse thread is hands down the most dangerous KB has here.
    -Heraclitus

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 01:41:33 am »
    LOL.  (I know that you are joking) There have been discussions about flutes sold on ebay on the flutelistserve.  I haven't heard of this brand name, but I bet it's made in China.  The details tell it all (see the last line):

"This beautiful CIBAILI CFL-221PK_S flute is excellent value for money offering the student an instrument packed with features usually found on more expensive models. It is a generic model of the Yamaha YFL-221 the benchmark for student flutes. This instrument is, of course, brand new.

The high grade components used in the construction of this flute ensures it has an excellent tone. This stunning Pink and Silver flute has nickel-plated keys and not only looks amazing but plays beautifully too.

This is a standard closed-hole design that plays in the key of C. It is equipped with offset-G keys and split-E mechanism (for easier fingering) meaning the flute is especially recommended for younger players as well as the beginner flutist. It is highly responsive and plays with a solid tone, accurate intonation and produces a crisp clear sound.

Comes complete with a durable, velour padded, leather-look French style case, micro-fibre cleaning cloth, screwdriver and cleaning rod. Also included is a fingering chart and an instruction and care booklet.

These clarinets usually sell for 299 in retail stores."

A real Yamaha would make a good starter flute.  This one is probably as good as the Getzen used flute that I rented in 4th grade.  (We foolishly bought it and I played it in band for 5 years.)

I love pink, especially for accessories and ereaders, but I'll stick with sterling silver for my flute. 

Lol! I was joking, but it is a pretty flute. :D Unfortunately I have no talent for playing any musical instrument but the flute has always been one of my favorites, Beautiful sound. :)
    "1000th person to post on the AA thread"

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 06:11:46 am »

I just got my first pair of Smart Wool socks and I LOVE them.  They are not bulky or scratchy!  Hubby was purchasing Vibram Five Fingers shoes----his latest obsession---and I wandered around looking for bargains.

Offline lonestar

• View Profile
    « Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 06:27:38 am »
    I am in big trouble here.

I bought 4 large Sutter bags because of the purse thread.

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 06:28:47 am »
    I am in big trouble here.

I bought 4 large Sutter bags because of the purse thread.

You could always sell 1 or 3.   ;D
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline ZsuZsu

• View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 06:30:06 am »
    Gee, for some unknown reason, I have suddenly become slightly purse obsessed!  ;)

I stumbled across this "The Sak" on a sale table at Macys- my "everyday" bag (vintage silver Cole Haan) doesn't completely close across the top, and I have been wanting something with a zipper closure across the whole top of the bag. This one is also slightly "flatter" which appealed to me too... It has a large center pocket with a couple of small pockets inside (wide zip pocket to hold my wallet), cell phone pocket and an additional "accessory" pocket), and also has a smaller outside front pocket that I can zip close as well as a back outside pocket with a magnetic snap-  I don't tend to carry a ton of stuff in my purse, so it works well for me- Kindle in the Noreve cover fits nicely in the big, center pocket along with my makeup bag, cell phone, wallet and a few other miscellaneous items.  The pic is a lousy cell phone one, you it is hard to see that the front smaller pocket is a little bit "sparkly leather" while the main body is more of a "regular" brown leather- it's really comfy to wear on my shoulder and seems pretty sturdy....

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 07:35:59 am »
    I just got my first pair of Smart Wool socks and I LOVE them.  They are not bulky or scratchy!  Hubby was purchasing Vibram Five Fingers shoes----his latest obsession---and I wandered around looking for bargains.

I have 2 pairs of Vibram Five Fingers!! I love them - they are so comfortable. I was starting to get shin splints every so often wearing my Asics Kayanos or Kinseis after never having a problem with those (or any leg issues in general) for years, but once I switched to the FFs earlier this year, all leg problems disappeared. Have either of you read Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen?

I mostly wear them on the treadmill and walking my dog. I can run faster and longer wearing these than with my regular shoes, and I don't even consider myself a runner. Unfortunately, wearing them so much power walking with Daphne dog on the pavement has caused both of my pairs to get pin holes in the balls of the feet. I saw a barefoot runner's blog who has this same problem, which he solved with Sure Foot shoe pads (which I now see Kiwi makes an identical product - good thing, since the Sure Foot pads are kind of hard to find). I tried them but need to reapply with rubber cement or super glue - dirt got under the outer area of the adhesive as I walked with them again, so the pad pulled away.

Even with them wearing out, I'm still going to get another pair. Love them.  I also agree about Smart Wool not being scratchy or bulky - we always stock up whenever REI is having a sale on them.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:41:55 am by julip »

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 07:39:12 am »
    Gee, for some unknown reason, I have suddenly become slightly purse obsessed!  ;)

I stumbled across this "The Sak" on a sale table at Macys- my "everyday" bag (vintage silver Cole Haan) doesn't completely close across the top, and I have been wanting something with a zipper closure across the whole top of the bag. This one is also slightly "flatter" which appealed to me too... It has a large center pocket with a couple of small pockets inside (wide zip pocket to hold my wallet), cell phone pocket and an additional "accessory" pocket), and also has a smaller outside front pocket that I can zip close as well as a back outside pocket with a magnetic snap-  I don't tend to carry a ton of stuff in my purse, so it works well for me- Kindle in the Noreve cover fits nicely in the big, center pocket along with my makeup bag, cell phone, wallet and a few other miscellaneous items.  The pic is a lousy cell phone one, you it is hard to see that the front smaller pocket is a little bit "sparkly leather" while the main body is more of a "regular" brown leather- it's really comfy to wear on my shoulder and seems pretty sturdy....

ZsuZsu, I love your new purse - I think I have even seen this exact one at the store. That shape and style is one of my favorites. What a pretty brown!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement