Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697386 times)  

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 07:56:26 am »
LOL, I'm all over this thread like white on rice too but right now I'm in the market for some expensive tires for my bicycle ($50 each) and I'm sure you are not interested in those but I'll be back to accessories very soon!  ;D  

I'm keeping watch and anxious to see how many pages this thread goes!

Sure, please share your bike finds!  ;D I'm actually starting to look for a comfier seat for my spin bike. I love going to bike shops, but luckily no new bikes have followed me home for a few years, since I got my purple Juliana. Poor thing needs a tune up and get used again. I have 2 extra mtn bikes that I really don't need, but I really want an Electra townie. They are so cute!  :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ZsuZsu

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 08:36:32 am »
    Is anyone a fan of very tall shoes?  lol
    I regularly wear 3-4" inch heels (I figure I look skinnier if I am taller- I'm not really "fluffy", I'm just short for my weight!) but these shoes are pretty darn tall even for me!  I haven't measured the actual heel (and there is a platform in the front that makes it somewhat less intimidating) but I think these are pretty darn close to 6 inchers!
    The "jewelry" on the front attaches with snaps- so I can take that part off and they are just very high, plain clogs- I love them, but have to admit that they are definitely NOT for times where I will do much more than "sit pretty"....
    Got them at the Neiman Marcus Last Call (outlet) store- saw them and fell in love!

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 12:13:27 pm »
    Just an FYI, starting at 7pm est tomorrow, QVC will have it's annual FFANY "Shoes on Sale" event. All designer shoes half price and all net proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research and Education. A GREAT reason to buy a new pair of shoes :)

QVC Presents The 17th Annual "FFANY Shoes on Sale" - A Television Event for Breast Cancer Research & Education
    Friday, October 15, 2010

07:00 - 10:00 PM ET
    In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2010, the 17th Annual "FFANY Shoes on Sale" event offers over 100,000 pairs of brand name shoes - all at half their manufacturer's suggested retail price*. Net proceeds benefit breast cancer research and education. Additionally, we'll be offering a "Shoe of the Day" at 50% off the manufacturer's suggested retail price weekdays in October between 7 & 9 a.m. ET, as well as a special selection of additional styles on QVC.com.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:19:11 pm by Kindled Spirit »
    "1000th person to post on the AA thread"

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 01:00:40 pm »
    Sure, please share your bike finds!  ;D I'm actually starting to look for a comfier seat for my spin bike. I love going to bike shops, but luckily no new bikes have followed me home for a few years, since I got my purple Juliana. Poor thing needs a tune up and get used again. I have 2 extra mtn bikes that I really don't need, but I really want an Electra townie. They are so cute!  :D

I like my old Spenco gel seat.  I've had it FOREVER, but I love it!

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 04:21:10 pm »
    Thanks for the Spenco gel seat recommendation, skyblue! I will keep my eye out for it. Gel seats are the best invention!  :D

ZsuZsu - wow, those shoes are really cool! I think I'd be scared for my safety up on those, though, as I am not great on heels!  ;D  The heels do look pretty stable, though - what a fun find! I really like that platform look.

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 04:42:43 pm »

My taste in bike saddles (<- that's what we call our seats) is as exquisite as my taste in handbags.  My saddle is a Brooks B68.  It is leather and made in England.  The leather breaks in to my sit-bones and gets better and better the longer I ride.  Of course they don't come cheap.  Are you surprised?   ;D

http://www.wallbike.com/brooks/standardsaddles.html
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »
    And my bike.   ;D  (This thread truly does cover it all now!)

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 06:29:49 pm »
    Kindle Gracie, your bike looks so nice!! I love the color - it looks like the exact color of one of our cars  ;D. You have it really well decked out. Thanks for sharing the saddle link too - it sounds wonderful. I love leather everything and I bet it breaks in beautifully.

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 08:54:49 pm »
    Just an FYI, starting at 7pm est tomorrow, QVC will have it's annual FFANY "Shoes on Sale" event. All designer shoes half price and all net proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research and Education. A GREAT reason to buy a new pair of shoes :)

QVC Presents The 17th Annual "FFANY Shoes on Sale" - A Television Event for Breast Cancer Research & Education
    Friday, October 15, 2010

07:00 - 10:00 PM ET
    In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2010, the 17th Annual "FFANY Shoes on Sale" event offers over 100,000 pairs of brand name shoes - all at half their manufacturer's suggested retail price*. Net proceeds benefit breast cancer research and education. Additionally, we'll be offering a "Shoe of the Day" at 50% off the manufacturer's suggested retail price weekdays in October between 7 & 9 a.m. ET, as well as a special selection of additional styles on QVC.com.

Thanks for this reminder, Kindled Spirit! I have gotten some awesome deals in the past during this sale. It can be so hard to be quick enough to get them, though -  they sell out the second they are up for orders!

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 05:22:56 am »
    And my bike.   ;D  (This thread truly does cover it all now!)

Is that a Brooks leather saddle?  My husband has Brooks saddles on all his bikes.  He swears by the comfort.  

Why yes, it is!  You have the same great taste as hubby!
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:24:36 am by skyblue »

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #60 on: October 15, 2010, 07:47:43 am »
    I went to Marshalls yesterday to get some new pillow cases.  I found a lovely Le Sportsac three zip cosmetic bag in the Fado (fall leaf) pattern for $9.99.  It must be a discontinued pattern because it doesn't show up on the Le Sportsac website in that configuration.  I did see one on e bay for $19.95.

My son found a cool shirt in trendy plaid that's seen a big resurgence this season, and a nice winter scarf.

Our Marshalls did some updating and has finally landed in the 21st century.  I no longer feel like I am shopping in the clearance aisle of goodwill.

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 11:22:03 am »
    Nice finds at Marshalls, skyblue! I love those little Sportsac zip bags. That makes it so much nicer when those stores are set up nicely. The older ones that seem really disorganized I usually can't spend more than 5 minutes in!

A little owl  :D mentioned recently that she saw Anuschka bags at her local TJ Maxx, if anyone has been eying those beautiful bags (I have a couple of them plus a wallet, and I love them!).

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010, 12:36:05 pm »
    Nice finds at Marshalls, skyblue! I love those little Sportsac zip bags. That makes it so much nicer when those stores are set up nicely. The older ones that seem really disorganized I usually can't spend more than 5 minutes in!

A little owl  :D mentioned recently that she saw Anuschka bags at her local TJ Maxx, if anyone has been eying those beautiful bags (I have a couple of them plus a wallet, and I love them!).

julip,
    I scoured my Marshalls for any high end bags.  It's my first priority upon entering the store!  Alas, there were none to my liking to be had!

All the accessory mavens must be out shopping.  It's pretty quiet here today!  I can't wait to see their haul!

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: October 15, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »
    LOL handbags is the first place I go to when I walk in those stores too! It's such a hit or miss, but it's so fun finding that one cool bag hidden behind all the rest.

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »

A little owl  :D mentioned recently that she saw Anuschka bags at her local TJ Maxx, if anyone has been eying those beautiful bags (I have a couple of them plus a wallet, and I love them!).

HMMMM......would that little owl be....ME. ??? ;D or should I say...hooooooo me :D

Here's my latest find. For any of you that wear reading glasses. I have them all over the house, in my purse, and my car. This was a great deal and they are SUPER cute.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.cc.AB6.item.A211724

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:25:27 pm by Kindled Spirit »

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010, 03:50:07 pm »

HMMMM......would that little owl be....ME. ??? ;D or should I say...hooooooo me :D

Ohhh dear.  ::) :D

Here's my latest find. For any of you that wear reading glasses. I have them all over the house, in my purse, and my car. This was a great deal and they are SUPER cute.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.cc.AB6.item.A211724

Those are really cute! I wish I could see well enough to just need reading glasses!  ;D

FFANY shoe sale starts in 10 minutes!  :o

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
    A little owl   mentioned recently that she saw Anuschka bags at her local TJ Maxx,

WHO could that be? ? ? ? ?   ;D I live within walking distance (almost) of TJ Maxx.  My hubby says we would be naked if not for TJ Maxx.  I need to go see if my store has any of those bags!!!!

Now to enable you a little more...have I mentioned how much I love my Clarisonic Mia?  I use that thing faithfully twice a day.  It feels just like I've had a facial after each cleansing.  It is FABULOUS.  Have any of you ever used one?
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:12:26 pm by Kindle Gracie »

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
    WHO could that be? ? ? ? ?   ;D I live within walking distance (almost) of TJ Maxx.  My hubby says we would be naked if not for TJ Maxx.  I need to go see if my store has any of those bags!!!!

Now to enable you a little more...have I mentioned how much I love my Clarisonic Mia?  I use that thing faithfully twice a day.  It feels just like I've had a facial after each cleansing.  It is FABULOUS.  Have any of you ever used one?

I have a Clarisonic!  :D  A pink one, in fact, that I got from Sephora a couple of years ago! Actually, I have two.  ::) They had a smaller TSV one earlier this year on QVC (I believe that's the Mia?) and I could not resist the mint green one. It also has a cool little magnet charger that my bigger one does not have. Neither of them can accommodate the new body brushes, though, so I may need a third ... I do love it! It does an awesome job.

We love TJ Maxx too. They really get a lot of great stock - have saved bundles waiting for things to show up there! How nice to be that close - we live near one but not quite that close!  :D Sure is nice for checking frequently to get first dibs when they unload a new shipment.

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 09:17:49 pm »

I had never heard of it before you mentioned it here. But now that I have and have read all the wonderful reviews about it, I wonder how comes, and how have I lived without it until now??   ;D

Seriously though: I am really considering going for it, but wanted to know how often do you have to change the little brush, and do you have to use their product with it (and if yes, how is it?) or can you use whatever? Does it also cleanse mascara, or are you supposed to avoid eye contour?

Thank you :)

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: October 15, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »
    I have a Clarisonic!  :D  A pink one, in fact, that I got from Sephora a couple of years ago! Actually, I have two.  ::) They had a smaller TSV one earlier this year on QVC (I believe that's the Mia?) and I could not resist the mint green one. It also has a cool little magnet charger that my bigger one does not have. Neither of them can accommodate the new body brushes, though, so I may need a third ... I do love it! It does an awesome job.

Julip, why am I not surprised that you not only know this thing but actually have a couple  :D? I was just looking at the MIA (looks neat for taking with me when traveling too, especially with the 20 days autonomy!), do I need it? Do I order extra brushes and cleaning liquid at the same time?

Offline Thumper

• Dixon, CA
    • Will work for cookies
      • View Profile
      • Thumper Thinks Out Loud
    « Reply #70 on: October 15, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »
    My newest want:

Street Strider Fusion.
    I should pester Santa for it, but I'm just immature enough to not want to wait...

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: October 15, 2010, 10:02:11 pm »
    Julip, why am I not surprised that you not only know this thing but actually have a couple  :D? I was just looking at the MIA (looks neat for taking with me when traveling too, especially with the 20 days autonomy!), do I need it? Do I order extra brushes and cleaning liquid at the same time?

Hahaha - it really is the cutest thing. It sounds like Kindle Gracie uses hers more than I do (I don't use it all the time, but often) so I'll let her have the definitive answers. It really does a great job cleaning. Your face will thank you, it feels so great! They suggest changing the brushes as you would change your toothbrush, every few months, but you will kind of be able to tell when it's getting worn out. I think the brush I like the best is the sensitive (or maybe it's the delicate?) and I actually just use Philosophy Purity with it. I usually do a prewash with purity, then apply a little more to do the extra cleanse with the brush.

BUT...! If you can wait a week, Sephora's Annual Friends & Family Discount (usually 20% off everything) is rumored to start next week, the 21st!
    Word on the street is that the Sephora Friends and Family 2010 discount will start on October 21, 2010.  The promotional code is still unknown at this point, but based on the codes used in prior years its an educated guess that FF2010 will likely be the discount code!

The Sephora Friends and Family discount is generally 20% off, but you never know if Sephora will be more generous this year!  Start working on that holiday gift list!

I get my shopping list ready for this sale every year - great savings!

edit - yes, I think they suggest not to use it around the eye area!
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:15:27 pm by julip »

Offline julip

• View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: October 15, 2010, 10:12:05 pm »
    My newest want:

Street Strider Fusion.
    I should pester Santa for it, but I'm just immature enough to not want to wait...

LOL! You are all going to think I'm nuts if you don't already, but not only do I know about this too, I also want one! I saw it on my local news a few months ago because they have a demo center about 15 minutes from me. I haven't gone to go look yet, but I think it looks like the coolest thing ever. The problem is my neighborhood is all steep hills, so I would have to bring it somewhere to use it!

Thumper, I hope you get one from Santa or better yet, sooner! Be sure to keep us updated!  :D

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 02:06:52 am »

We love TJ Maxx too. They really get a lot of great stock - have saved bundles waiting for things to show up there! How nice to be that close - we live near one but not quite that close!  :D Sure is nice for checking frequently to get first dibs when they unload a new shipment.

OMG I also have the Mia...in PINK of course. ;D I love it! And yes Neo you can use any cleanser you want. I THINK I heard them say just not to use one with an exfolliant in. It's the GREATEST and one of QVC's top selling items. It makes your face feel as smooth as a baby's bottom :D

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:34 am »

Kindled Spirit,

I also ordered those special value reading glasses from QVC!  Talk about a DEAL!  The cheapest I've seen reading glasses is $14.95 at WalMart!  I hope they arrive soon!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement