Author Topic: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!  (Read 697370 times)  

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
Re: Accessories Anonymous - Post your fun shopping finds here! Anything Goes!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 06:01:40 am »
When I wash my face, I'm using my Clarasonic Mia.  I love it that much.  I recommended it to a coworker months ago and she is still thanking me.  I bought mine when I saw it on the deal of the day for QVC.  They have offered it several times since then.  If you wait, I'm sure you will be able to get it at a discounted price eventually.

I've had it for a pretty good while and have only changed my brush once.  It's probably time for me to order some new ones!

The battery has to be charged about once a week.  It gives me two little beeps and a pulse at the end of use to warn me that it's getting low.  I used the cleanser that came with it but you can use any cleanser you want.

I get an email from DailyCandy every day and one of their recent emails was about fabulous drugstore finds.  They recommend Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and that is actually what I use!

http://www.dailycandy.com/all-cities/gallery/89591/15-Cheap-Beauty-Products-to-Stock-Up-On?n=11&refcd=email:491084:25

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #76 on: October 16, 2010, 07:18:09 am »
    WHO could that be? ? ? ? ?   ;D I live within walking distance (almost) of TJ Maxx.  My hubby says we would be naked if not for TJ Maxx.  I need to go see if my store has any of those bags!!!!

Now to enable you a little more...have I mentioned how much I love my Clarisonic Mia?  I use that thing faithfully twice a day.  It feels just like I've had a facial after each cleansing.  It is FABULOUS.  Have any of you ever used one?

No..............I didn't even know about this until NOW.  Sigh.  I may have seen one while I was running through a store, but I never paid any attention.  OMG.  This sounds wonderful.  It really works?  I doubted the benefit because I'm 58 years old, but I've been looking at reviews all over the net, and I even read one by a 74-year-old woman who swears her skin now looks so much younger.  I'm really interested!!!  Please tell me more.  I'd love to hear reviews from my new "friends" on this board or "our" handbag thread.  BTW, I still have to sell my raspberry Fossil.  Then I'm seriously seriously going to think about getting the Clarisonic Mia.
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 08:04:39 am »
    Thank you everyone, for all the info on the Clarisonic Mia! I'm so enthusiastic about it that I couldn't wait and just ordered through Amazon ($129) with prime free shipping - so I should get it on Tuesday  ;D ;D

I have a feeling it's one of those things where I will wonder forever after "but how have I lived so long without??"

And I'm really glad you can use any cleansing product with it as I have this great and gentle cleanse I bring back with me from Europe, and I just brought one year worth of it back with me, hem...

Again, thank you so much to all (I think!)  :)

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: October 16, 2010, 08:07:26 am »
    If you don't love it, I will be really surprised.  I'm sure your product will be great with it.  I have used a lots of different things with it.  I love it so much that when the one minute timer goes off, I go for another minute.  It's like a facial massage. 
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 08:20:52 am »
    Kindled Spirit,

I also ordered those special value reading glasses from QVC!  Talk about a DEAL!  The cheapest I've seen reading glasses is $14.95 at WalMart!  I hope they arrive soon!

I received mine yesterday and they are great!! Much prettier in person and seem to be excellant quality. I love reading glasses and have bought so many pair that have ended up breaking. >:( Most of them cost from 15.00 to my Vera Bradley ones that were 28.00. So this is deffinately a great deal. :)
    "1000th person to post on the AA thread"

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #80 on: October 16, 2010, 08:21:54 am »
    If you don't love it, I will be really surprised.  I'm sure your product will be great with it.  I have used a lots of different things with it.  I love it so much that when the one minute timer goes off, I go for another minute.  It's like a facial massage. 

You're driving me crazy.  I want one.  Maybe I should go try to sell my handbag on eBay.
    Lynn Byer - Author of TROUBLE IN PARADISE, CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE, and DAISIES NEVER LIE

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: October 16, 2010, 08:22:47 am »
    Thank you everyone, for all the info on the Clarisonic Mia! I'm so enthusiastic about it that I couldn't wait and just ordered through Amazon ($129) with prime free shipping - so I should get it on Tuesday  ;D ;D

I have a feeling it's one of those things where I will wonder forever after "but how have I lived so long without??"

And I'm really glad you can use any cleansing product with it as I have this great and gentle cleanse I bring back with me from Europe, and I just brought one year worth of it back with me, hem...

Again, thank you so much to all (I think!)  :)

You will love it Neo ;)

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:41 am »

You're driving me crazy.  I want one.  Maybe I should go try to sell my handbag on eBay.

Awww go ahead and order it. :D You can sell your bag later ;D

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: October 16, 2010, 08:30:17 am »
    I would be curious to know why Julip doesn't use hers as much as I do.  She has two and is needing a third, maybe she would sell you one of hers for a good price.   ;D

After I heard about them, I waited for a long time before I bought one.  I also polled friends that had them and asked if they were still using them (or if it was a passing thing).  Everyone I talked to still loved theirs.

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: October 16, 2010, 08:36:02 am »

Exactly! After all, I went for it and I don't even have a purse to sell, lol!!!!!!!!! Just go for it, you know you won't stop thinking about it anyway and get it eventually  ;D

BTW, I went for the simple white one...

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: October 16, 2010, 08:40:12 am »
    I never understand the difference in prices at Amazon.  The pink Mia is $4 less than the white one.

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
      • View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: October 16, 2010, 08:58:37 am »
    I would be curious to know why Julip doesn't use hers as much as I do.  She has two and is needing a third, maybe she would sell you one of hers for a good price.   ;D

After I heard about them, I waited for a long time before I bought one.  I also polled friends that had them and asked if they were still using them (or if it was a passing thing).  Everyone I talked to still loved theirs.

Wow, Clarisonics for everyone! :D I agree, it's like a wonderful massage and I get mad when it tells me to move to the next spot. I usually rebel and go for longer too.  ;D Yay, Neo on yours on the way!

LOL Kindle Gracie! I just meant I don't use it twice a day, but I probably use it at least 4-5 times a week. It's usually just a logistics issue - if I'm washing my face in the shower, i'm usually using my favorite exfoliator anyway, and then other times I'm running late or extra tired and just do a quick Purity wash, since I usually don't wear much makeup or some days none. My small green Mia stays in my travel bag. But hmmm, if I had one that can use body brushes, I can keep that one by the shower ...  ;D

The prices at amazon are usually dictated by stock levels. If they have a lot, they'll lower the price to move that color. I haven't checked what colors they have at Sephora, but the F&F Sephora sale is less than a week away!

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: October 16, 2010, 09:04:34 am »
    What good is a Mia in a travel bag?   ;D

My purple (that's the only color they had by the time I ordered!) Mia gets moved from the sink to the shower to the tub on a regular basis!

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #88 on: October 16, 2010, 09:06:28 am »

Don't laugh.  That could happen.  What about the upcoming sale at Sephora, though?  I need to check that out.

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #89 on: October 16, 2010, 09:07:30 am »

I was thinking that, too.  Why would someone need a third one?  Do they all still work?

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #90 on: October 16, 2010, 09:10:21 am »
    What a group of enablers!!!  I love this group.  I feel like I've come home <g>.

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #91 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22:46 am »

Don't laugh.  That could happen.  What about the upcoming sale at Sephora, though?  I need to check that out.

Just found the Mia at Aspen Leaf Spa for 149.99 but 25% off at checkout and free shipping. :) So it would be 112.49. They have the Pink and Yellow. The White is on backorder until 10/23.

http://www.aspenleafspa.com/products.php?brand=14&gclid=CJWEl7_j16QCFRFW2godjltXKw

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #92 on: October 16, 2010, 09:30:48 am »
    Just found the Mia at Aspen Leaf Spa for 149.99 but 25% off at checkout and free shipping. :) So it would be 112.49. They have the Pink and Yellow. The White is on backorder until 10/23.

http://www.aspenleafspa.com/products.php?brand=14&gclid=CJWEl7_j16QCFRFW2godjltXKw

Too funny!  I just found that one, too.  Okay, so I'll admit I'm looking.  Doesn't mean I'm BUYING...yet.  Now how did that "yet" slip in there again?

Offline julip

• My sweet English Staffy, aka "The Nanny Dog"
      • View Profile
    « Reply #93 on: October 16, 2010, 09:39:02 am »
    I'm really kidding about the 3rd ;D. But if my original pink one ever dies (which I don't foresee happening anytime soon - still charges up fast and works like a champ!) I'll be replacing it with a body brush capable one! That one has the charger base that stays by the sink, but I really do like the little magnet charger of the Mia. It is sad the Mia mostly gets to play on trips, but I do sneak it out every so often at home to give it some extra attention.  :D

Wow, great deal, KS! Better than the upcoming 20% from Sephora. Candee - see my post a few back - Sephora has an annual Friends & Family 20% off coming up on the 21st (rumored start date) - great time to stock up on all that good stuff!  :D   

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #94 on: October 16, 2010, 10:00:40 am »
    Julip -- thanks for the date.  I must have missed it.

Do you like the body brush one better than the Mia? 

Offline skyblue

• View Profile
    « Reply #95 on: October 16, 2010, 10:03:30 am »
    I LOVE my Vitamix.  That along with my Breville espresso maker are my favorite kitchen appliances.  I use them both multiple times a day.  I wanted to give you gals a heads up that tonight at midnight QVC is offering a Vitamix as their TSV.  Just saying..... ;D

I got my Clarisonic a year or so ago and use that daily in the shower. Love it!

Offline corkyb

• Albany, NY
    • My yorkie angel
      • View Profile
    « Reply #96 on: October 16, 2010, 10:18:40 am »
    Does the clarisonic have a body brush too? 
    Do you think it can be used on really sensitive thin skin?  I was told never to use a brush on my face.
    100th person to post 1,000 times

Offline Kindled Spirit

• View Profile
    « Reply #97 on: October 16, 2010, 10:26:04 am »
    I just recently bought a Tassimo. It makes excellent coffee, lattes, cappuccinos,espressos, hot chocolate and tea. Thanks to julips enabling recommendation :D I just got a Nespresso yesterday. It makes espressos, lungos and cappuccinos. I love it! Both machines are excellent. So I use my Keurig for coffee, my Tassimo for coffee, lattes & cappuccinos, and my Nespresso for espressos and Lungos. It's like I have my own little Starbucks at home ;D. Here's a pic of my cute little Tassie ( white ) and Nessie ( black )...yea I named them :D They are too cute to not have a name ;) Thanks again julip :)

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #98 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:36 am »
    I LOVE my Vitamix.  That along with my Breville espresso maker are my favorite kitchen appliances.  I use them both multiple times a day.  I wanted to give you gals a heads up that tonight at midnight QVC is offering a Vitamix as their TSV.  Just saying..... ;D

I got my Clarisonic a year or so ago and use that daily in the shower. Love it!

I've been sooooo caught up with other posts that I haven't posted MY favorites.  I have to agree on the Vitamix.  We use ours a LOT and make smoothies, etc.  It's WONDERFUL and very powerful.  

Another kitchen item I love, love, love is the Ninja.

Offline Candee15

• lynnbyer.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #99 on: October 16, 2010, 10:29:52 am »
    I just recently bought a Tassimo. It makes excellent coffee, lattes, cappuccinos,espressos, hot chocolate and tea. Thanks to julips enabling recommendation :D I just got a Nespresso yesterday. It makes espressos, lungos and cappuccinos. I love it! Both machines are excellent. So I use my Keurig for coffee, my Tassimo for coffee, lattes & cappuccinos, and my Nespresso for espressos and Lungos. It's like I have my own little Starbucks at home ;D. Here's a pic of my cute little Tassie ( white ) and Nessie ( black )...yea I named them :D They are too cute to not have a name ;) Thanks again julip :)

WAIT!  I'm hyperventilating.  WHY do you "need" all three machines?  Please, please give us a mini review.  I've been thinking about getting ONE of these at some point.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement