Author Topic: **** Any "Bones" (the tv show fans)? ****  (Read 806 times)  

Offline Vianka Van Bokkem

• YA / Fantasy /Greek Mythology/SciFi author
    • View Profile
    • Author Vianka Van Bokkem
**** Any "Bones" (the tv show fans)? ****
« on: November 08, 2010, 11:53:24 am »
"Bones" is one of my favorite TV shows. I like all the actors and actresses, but my favorite is David Boreanaz  :-*

Vianka Van bokkem :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:55:33 am by Vianka Van Bokkem »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline BTackitt

• Texas, USA
      • View Profile
    Re: **** Any "Bones" (the tv show fans)? ****
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:16:38 pm »
    Yep.. he is yummy..

Oh and I love the show too.. Really..  ;D
    I do wish they would find a way to bring Zack back. He was the best assistant ever..
    "If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." ~Japanese Proverb
    Screensaver Images: http://s684.photobucket.com/home/B_Tackitt/index

Offline Vianka Van Bokkem

• YA / Fantasy /Greek Mythology/SciFi author
      • View Profile
      • Author Vianka Van Bokkem
    « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 12:33:06 pm »
    Yep.. he is yummy..

Oh and I love the show too.. Really..  ;D
    I do wish they would find a way to bring Zack back. He was the best assistant ever..

Oh my gosh! I was so sad when Zack was gone. You are 100% right B.T.

He was the best assistant ever!

Offline SneezyCharmed

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:11:38 pm »
    It's a brilliant show but being in the UK I seem to have missed a couple of episodes...

Offline Joyce DeBacco

• Southwest Florida, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 03:36:28 pm »
    I watch it whenever I can, but it doesn't seem to be on regularly. They pre-empt it for sports, change the days it's on, or have it go on hiatus for weeks. Same with House.

It used to be when a show settled in to a time slot and day, it stayed there forever. Does anyone else remember I Love Lucy every Monday night at nine o'clock? I'm dating myself, I know, but decades later I still remember when it was on. I doubt anyone will remember today's show schedules years from now.

Joyce

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 03:43:02 pm »
    I watch it whenever I can, but it doesn't seem to be on regularly. They pre-empt it for sports, change the days it's on, or have it go on hiatus for weeks. Same with House.

That's 'cause it's on FOX which had the concession for the baseball playoffs.  Now that they're over it should show up pretty regularly when it's scheduled.  Until they change the schedule!  :D

I would also note that, though "Bones" is based on the Temperence Brennan series by Kathy Reichs --- I actually like the TV series much better. . .better characters, I think.  In the books her on-again-off-again love interest is a cop in Montreal -- she spends half her time working up there and half her time in North Carolina or someplace like that.  I think the "Jeffersonian" and FBI angle is much better. . . . .
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:45:44 pm by Ann in Arlington »
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline BTackitt

• Texas, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »
    That's 'cause it's on FOX which had the concession for the baseball playoffs.  Now that they're over it should show up pretty regularly when it's scheduled.  Until they change the schedule!  :D

I would also note that, though "Bones" is based on the Temperence Brennan series by Kathy Reichs --- I actually like the TV series much better. . .better characters, I think.  In the books her on-again-off-again love interest is a cop in Montreal -- she spends half her time working up there and half her time in North Carolina or someplace like that.  I think the "Jeffersonian" and FBI angle is much better. . . . .

I agree Ann, I have read all of Reich's books, and enjoyed them, but I much prefer the TV version. I think the difference is though, timeline.. THe books are set much later in her career than the TV show.
    "If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." ~Japanese Proverb
    Screensaver Images: http://s684.photobucket.com/home/B_Tackitt/index

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 06:56:50 pm »
    I, too, love Bones. I also agree with those of you who like the show better than the books. (And yes, D.B. Is gorgeous!)

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline hsuthard

• Honolulu, HI
      • View Profile
      • Suthard, Party of Five
    « Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:57 pm »
    I like the show better than the books, too, but I have to say this season I'm really getting bored with the show. While Booth's character has really grown and developed over time, especially after his stroke, Brennan's character has stayed precisely the same. And while that may actually be part of her character, it has really left me kind of cold about her. None of the things she's been through have really seemed to impact her personality. I had hoped that she would have come back from the jungle with a realization that she missed her friends, but that really didn't seem to be the case.
    -- Holly.

The more we live, the more beautiful we are.

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 05:47:08 pm »
    I like the show better than the books, too, but I have to say this season I'm really getting bored with the show. While Booth's character has really grown and developed over time, especially after his stroke, Brennan's character has stayed precisely the same. And while that may actually be part of her character, it has really left me kind of cold about her. None of the things she's been through have really seemed to impact her personality. I had hoped that she would have come back from the jungle with a realization that she missed her friends, but that really didn't seem to be the case.

I agree with you for the most part. I do think Brennan has been a bit more accommodating to others, especially Booth's girlfriend, than in the past. There have been times this season when Brennan has seemed even more clueless than ever, though, which has bothered me. I still like the show a lot, but hope the writers will show more character development in the future.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline farrellclaire

• Ireland
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 05:53:07 pm »

I've been waiting for this to happen.   :(

I love Bones, every year I pray it doesn't get cancelled.  I enjoy the whole cast.

Offline Carol Hanrahan

• So. Cal.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:49 pm »
    DD loves this show.  She TIVOs it and never misses an episode!

Carol Hanrahan

Offline DYB

• NYC
    • Now Reading: "'Salem's Lot"
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »
    My feelings are kind of mixed.  I do like the cast.  (Ahhhh, David Boreanaz...  He will always be Angel to me.  I do get a kick out of seeing the occasional guest start who was once a guest star on "Angel." But I digress.)  I like the cast.  And I get a mild kick out of the mysteries themselves and how they solve them.  But when you think about it the whole show is rather preposterous and it's getting more and more so by the season.  The whole Jeffersonian set up is beyond silly and unrealistic.  So are all the interrelationships.  I don't know...  To me it's just really mindless entertainment.  And the cast has great chemistry.

As far as Zach - the way they handled the whole thing with his exit was ridiculous.  The actor must have wanted to leave - there's no other reason for how they made him the apprentice to that serial killer!  All in a matter of one episode, a season finale.  Talk about coming out of the blue!  The rotating interns can be amusing - some more than others.

Offline JimJ

• Bristol, VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:20 pm »
    I usually hate crime shows but this is one I really like. I decided to give it a try earlier this year since it was on Netflix instant watch and I've now seen every episode.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement