Author Topic: New Cover -- ANGEL BE GOOD -- romantic comedy  (Read 3381 times)  

Offline 25803

• View Profile
New Cover -- ANGEL BE GOOD -- romantic comedy
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:13:34 pm »
I've got a brand new cover for ANGEL BE GOOD!

Red Adept Reviews gave it five stars and it was one of the winners of the Red Adept Indie Awards :)

Here's a little about it:

Romantic Comedy
Sensuality Level: Warm

Miracles still happen in modern day New York when "Scrooge" (Nathaniel Danvers) meets "Heaven Can Wait" (Daphne), who has been sent to give him one last chance at redemption. ANGEL BE GOOD captures the essence of the classic Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and offers a touch of humor and romance. A perfect holiday feel-good read.

"ANGEL BE GOOD is another heartwarming and funny tale from romance's latest and ever-so-talented romantic comedy author. Kathy Carmichael makes you laugh and makes you cry and always leaves you satisfied."
--Trish Jensen, bestselling author of Stuck With You

"This is without a doubt one of the sweetest renditions of "A Christmas Carol" I've ever read. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every page. "
--Kathy Boswell, Managing Editor, The Best Reviews

"...ANGEL BE GOOD is a read to fill your heart with warmth, and is filled with emotional scenes that have you laughing as well as bring tears to your eyes. Don't miss the inspirational message hidden between the lines of this romantic comedy."
--Carol Carter, Reviewer, Romance Reviews Today
[/quote]

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:41:56 am by KathyCarmichael »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ReeseReed

• Alabama
      • View Profile
      • Reese Writes
    Re: Angel Be Good -- a Christmas themed romantic comedy
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:02:04 pm »
    Your cover is gorgeous!  Sounds like a great story, too.  I'll be sampling, thanks for sharing! :)
    Childproofed

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 05:29:48 am »
    Thank you, Reese!  One of the advantages of self publishing your own book is you get control over the cover.  Not true for my traditionally pub'd covers, although they have mostly been wonderful.  It's just more fun to be able to choose what goes on the book.  Even better, if I grow tired of a cover, it's not difficult to change when it's digital!

I've just d/l a sample of Claustrophobic, too :)  I love Christmas stories.

Your cover is gorgeous!  Sounds like a great story, too.  I'll be sampling, thanks for sharing! :)

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 06:38:33 am »
    Welcome to KindleBoards, Kathy, and congratulations on your book.

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread.  It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here.

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing:  be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    Christmas read reduced for the holidays - $.99
    « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 03:17:47 pm »
    I'm happy to announce that my Christmas-themed romantic comedy, Angel Be Good, has been reduced on Kindle for the month of December from $2.99 to $.99.

Miracles still happen in modern day New York when Scrooge (Nathaniel Danvers) meets Heaven Can Wait (Daphne), who has been sent to give him one last chance at redemption. ANGEL BE GOOD captures the essence of the classic Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" and offers a touch of humor and romance. A perfect holiday feel-good read.

"ANGEL BE GOOD is another heartwarming and funny tale from romance's latest and ever-so-talented romantic comedy author. Kathy Carmichael makes you laugh and makes you cry and always leaves you satisfied."

"This is without a doubt one of the sweetest renditions of "A Christmas Carol" I've ever read. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every page."

"...ANGEL BE GOOD is a read to fill your heart with warmth, and is filled with emotional scenes that have you laughing as well as bring tears to your eyes. Don't miss the inspirational message hidden between the lines of this romantic comedy."

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:21:40 pm by KathyCarmichael »

Offline Dana Taylor

• Hawaii
    • Supernal Living.com--Exploring wonder
      • View Profile
      • Supernal Living
    Re: Christmas read reduced for the holidays - $.99
    « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 04:34:04 pm »
    Kathy--

Your cover is striking.  You're on my TBR!

Dana Taylor
    Dana Taylor
    Twitter: @SupernalDana @bookluvinbabes Blog www.DanaTaylorAuthor.com

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 05:13:31 pm »
    Kathy--

Your cover is striking.  You're on my TBR!

Dana Taylor

Thanks so much, Dana.  You're on my TBR too!

Offline caseyf6

• View Profile
      • Passages-- On the Brink and Diving In
    « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 08:17:53 pm »
    Bought it. I love Christmas, love romance-types, love lighthearted reads.  Thanks!!

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 09:08:50 pm »
    Bought it. I love Christmas, love romance-types, love lighthearted reads.  Thanks!!

Thanks so much, Casey!  I sincerely hope you enjoy it :)

Offline stacydan

• East Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:38:39 am »
    Sounds cute and for just 0.99 cents, I decided to take a chance!

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:18:25 am »
    Sounds cute and for just 0.99 cents, I decided to take a chance!

Stacy:  You are such a doll!  Thank you very much!!  I hope the story makes you laugh :)

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:29 am »
    Yesterday, Angel Be Good was the sponsor of thefrugalereader.com.  There's a nice excerpt on the site http://www.thefrugalereader.com/2010/12/presenting-todays-sponsor-kathy.html if anyone is interested in reading it :)

Today it's the EBoD on KND :)

And one of my author friends, best-selling author Vicki Hinze, posted a lovely new 5 star review about it on Amazon.  If you click on the ABG cover in my sig you'll be able to see her fabulous review.

This is so much fun :D

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    Angel Be Good on DailyCheapReads -- only $.99
    « Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 09:22:32 am »
    What a lovely surprise I had this morning!  Angel Be Good is on DailyCheapReads today :) http://dailycheapreads.com/2010/12/16/angel-be-good-perfect-holiday-feel-good-read-only-99-cents/

I didn't contact Paula because I wasn't sure the book qualified -- so this was an extra special surprise!

Also, Lynn/Red Adept emailed me yesterday.  She is reviewing ABG tomorrow :)   Woohoo (and my knees are shaking)!  Again, another case where I didn't contact her because it's a romantic comedy and I didn't think she reviewed them.  So I had a couple of duh moments and realized I should have been asking rather than presuming the worst.

Gosh, I'm having so much fun with my Christmas story.  I'm excited, thrilled, a little scared, and very grateful!  Right now it's ranked at #4 on Kindle Christmas books and 1,108 overall!

I've been having a lovely visit with my family in Texas and tomorrow my son and I start the drive back to Florida.  This visit was extra wonderful since we came to celebrate an addition of 4 children to our family.  One of my sisters adopted a sibling unit and it was finalized on Tuesday.  We are all so happy.

I have much to be grateful for! -- KC

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    Angel Be Good: Holidays Discount $.99
    « Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 11:06:07 am »
    Merry Christmas to all!

It's been a great week leading up to Christmas.  Red Adept gave Angel be Good a 5 star review, both of my sons were home to celebrate an early Christmas on Tuesday.  Now we've opened our gifts and prime rib is baking :)  I received a 22" HDTV for my home office which I've gotten all set up.  Since we never had HDTV before, my husband is talking about visiting my office more often.  I'm not so sure about that!  But the picture is beautiful.

For anyone interested in Angel Be Good, this is the final week for the Holidays Discount.  After Jan 1, the price will return to $2.99.

Happy Holidays!

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    Angel Be Good -- New cover
    « Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:49 am »
    I'm unveiling the new cover for Angel Be Good and would love to know what you think!

Currently it's discounted by Amazon to $.99

Here's the link to the KB Book Profile page: https://www.kboards.com/book/?asin=B002YK45IW

Romantic Comedy

Miracles still happen in modern day New York when "Scrooge" (Nathaniel Danvers) meets "Heaven Can Wait" (Daphne), who has been sent to give him one last chance at redemption. ANGEL BE GOOD captures the essence of the classic Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and offers a touch of humor and romance. A perfect holiday feel-good read.

"This is without a doubt one of the sweetest renditions of "A Christmas Carol" I've ever read. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every page. "

Offline Dana Taylor

• Hawaii
      • View Profile
      • Supernal Living
    Re: Angel Be Good -- New Cover
    « Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 10:27:51 am »
    Hi Kathy--

I like it!  "Sexy Christmas" but the "Angel Be Good" title makes it sound like it's a fun read. I'm working on a new book for the holidays and currently going through book cover hell. I think this should be a good year for holiday stories, don't you?

Dana
    Dana Taylor

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 12:55:20 pm »
    Thank you so much, Dana! That's exactly what I was trying to go for.

I do hope this year will be good for holiday stories!  Hugs on going through cover hell.  I understand completely!  Don't you have a Christmas short story?  I think I remember reading one of yours.

Thanks again!

Offline Dana Taylor

• Hawaii
      • View Profile
      • Supernal Living
    « Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 03:26:15 pm »
    Hi--

Yeah, I am expanding last year's short story into a three story anthology. Pop over to the Indie Romance thread. I'm going to upload a couple versions to see if I can get feedback. I've been working on them ALL DAY. Grrrr.

DT
    Dana Taylor

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    FREE for a limited time -- ANGEL BE GOOD -- Christmas-themed romantic comedy
    « Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:06 am »
    My romantic comedy, ANGEL BE GOOD, is free for a limited time on Kindle, Sony and iTunes.  I'm also pleased to say it just came out in trade paperback, too :)

Red Adept Reviews gave it five stars and it was one of the winners of the Red Adept Indie Awards :)

Romantic Comedy

Offline MsBea

• View Profile
    Thanks Kathy, just picked it up and looking forward to reading it after Thanksgiving.

Offline Dana Taylor

• Hawaii
      • View Profile
      • Supernal Living
    Hi Kathy--

FREE is good! Hope you get raging sales from this promo.

Dana
    Dana Taylor

Offline DDScott

• along the fabulous shores of Lake Michigan
      • View Profile
      • Home of Bestselling Author D. D. Scott
    I just added it to my Kindle, Kathy!!!

Thanks bunches!!!

I can't wait to join you soon in our WG2E All-For-Indies Winter Wonderland Anthology!  Here's the scoop on today's The WG2E:

http://thewritersguidetoepublishing.com/wg2e-all-for-indies-anthologies-updates

Cheers, Girlfriend!!!

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    Thanks so much, MsBea.  I sincerely hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, Dana.  This morning it's ranked #2 in the overall free kindle and #1 in eBooks.  I'm absolutely delighted and thrilled and driving my husband crazy with my hourly updates <bg>

I just added it to my Kindle, Kathy!!!
    Thanks bunches!!!
    I can't wait to join you soon in our WG2E All-For-Indies Winter Wonderland Anthology!  Here's the scoop on today's The WG2E:
    http://thewritersguidetoepublishing.com/wg2e-all-for-indies-anthologies-updates
    Cheers, Girlfriend!!!

DeeDee -- Thanks so much!  I will head over to the site right away.  I'm waiting for edits on my short story (my critique partner says it's really funny and I so hope she's right!) and then will get it to Tonya.  I'm so excited about being included in the Winter Wonderland Anthology :) :)

new post merged with existing thread
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:44:23 pm by Ann in Arlington »

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    My romantic comedy, ANGEL BE GOOD, is free for a limited time on Kindle, Nook and iTunes. 

Red Adept Reviews gave it five stars and it was one of the winners of last year's Red Adept Indie Awards :)

Romantic Comedy

Offline 25803

• View Profile
    New Cover -- ANGEL BE GOOD -- romantic comedy
    « Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 07:42:42 am »
    I've got a brand new cover for ANGEL BE GOOD!

Romantic Comedy

[/quote]

KBoards.com

• Advertisement