Author Topic: SquareTrade really worth the money  (Read 4861 times)  

Offline susie539

• Southern, WV
    • View Profile
SquareTrade really worth the money
« on: December 03, 2010, 06:16:06 pm »
I bought my Kindle Dx last year around Christmas, immediately bought Squaretrade with Accident insurance. So almost a year has passed I was sitting at the pool and my DX got wet. Screen flashed a few times and it died, and I cried. :( I was in town so used my computer to file a claim, they immediately emailed me a shipping label. I stopped by the UPS store packed it up and shipped it. (11/21/10) By that evening I received a update that the item has shipped to them. I got an email on 11/25/10 Thanksgiving morning that they had received it, and they would review it to see if they would issue me a refund. The Monday after thanksgiving they sent  me an email stating I would get a full refund. I choose amazon gift card as my payout method. They give you a 5% bonus for choosing amazon gift card as your payout method. I receive the email this evening (12/3/10) for the amazon gift card. I got $514.74 (only paid 489 for kindle Dx) ;D I am so happy, it was really a great experience. They responded to email questions very quickly, and I just couldn't be more pleased with them. I highly recommend them to anyone. I will be insuring my new K3 that is on its way now :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Tanzi

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
      • Cheese Magnet
    Re: SquareTrade really worth the money
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:38:45 pm »
    That's great to hear. I recently bought a used phone on ebay and added a SquareTrade warranty for 12 bucks. I wasn't sure if it was a scam but I figured it was cheap enough that I'd take the chance.

Offline retailranger

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:28 am »
    I saw that susie539 was without her Kindle for 8 days using Squaretrade service. Did you know the Amazon replaces the Kindle in 2 days? It is the same with the Service Net extended warranty. 8 days is pretty crappy service for you to get a gift card.

Offline susie539

• Southern, WV
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:53:53 pm »
    I saw that susie539 was without her Kindle for 8 days using Squaretrade service. Did you know the Amazon replaces the Kindle in 2 days? It is the same with the Service Net extended warranty. 8 days is pretty crappy service for you to get a gift card.

It was a weekend and Thankgiving holiday. So I'm still happy with their service. In fact I bought squaretrade for my new iPhone :)

Offline tantien

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »
    Update on the SquareTrade Kindle warranty:

Warranty Summary

* 100% Parts & Labor Covered - Zero Deductibles
        * If we can't fix the item, we refund you item price
        * Free in-home service for large TVs/appliances
        * 5 day service guarantee
        * Cancel / Transfer anytime

I'm getting a 3 year with a 30% warranty with dropped unit coverage + a Mothers Day Warranty coupon. This is for the Kindle WiFi with Special offers.

Item:
    amazon kindle
    Coverage Limit:  $114.00 warranty summary
    3 year product Care Plan    $17.99
    Accidental Damage from Handling    $15.00
    Mother's Day Sale!    -$6.60
    Estimated Tax:    $0.00

Total    $26.39

Sounds like a fair protection plan.   ;D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement