Author Topic: Relight (Rechargeable) Booklight: review by Vegas_Asian  (Read 4719 times)  

Offline Vegas_Asian

• Sin City
  • I know KungFu and 50 other dangerous words!!!
    • View Profile
Relight (Rechargeable) Booklight: review by Vegas_Asian
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:27:12 pm »

I got two of these lights a couple of christmas's ago. I love the idea of rechargable book lights and the fact its small, but this one constantly flickers each time I move. I also wish the charger was smaller. I could do without the base and just allow me to attach the adapter to the light itself. Of the two lights I have only one of really lights up brightly, but then the flickering starts...once it starts flickering it doesn't really go back to that initial intensity of light. The light doesn't remain standing when I read...keeps falling and hitting my kindle screen. I thought maybe it was just my bad luck and I had recieved two defective light, but found it wasn't true after looking at the reviews on Amazon I low ratings and similiar reviews to this. In general, i would not recommend this light.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:03:16 am by Leslie »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
    • He's my Huckleberry!
      • View Profile
    Re: Relight (Rechargeable) Booklight
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:38:09 am »
    I have a Verilux Full Spectrum Booklight that I ordered online.  I like it a lot, although I've only used it once to try it out.  You can check out the website for more info; I thought having a full spectrum, or natural, light would be better on my eyes.  (It has a blue tint that I didn't expect.)

It is its own battery charger.  You can plug it into your computer to charge it if you put in rechargeable batteries.  I haven't put rechargeables in yet, so I can't tell you how well it works.  It only comes with a cord with a USB cord, so you can't plug it into a regular wall outlet.

One more thing--I have the Amazon basic black cover, and the booklight slides onto it pretty well.  With 2 AA batteries, it does make it top heavy, and adjusting the light will still give a glare on the Kindle, but it is high on the screen and if you just tilt the bottom of the Kindle edge away from you, the glare goes off the screen.

I used a coupon code, WB6017, for 15% off my order, so I pretty much got shipping free.

Good luck in finding a new book light!
    Anybody want a peanut?

Offline cjpatrick

• Memphis, TN
      • View Profile
    Re: Relight (Rechargeable) Booklight: review by Vegas_Asian
    « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:22:35 am »
    I had a similiar problem with the flickering and found a way to fix it. You must remove the battery cover and secure the batteries in place with some electrical tape or something. The flicker is caused by the batteries coming out of their place.

Offline Vegas_Asian

• Sin City
    • I know KungFu and 50 other dangerous words!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 04:46:06 pm »
    Thanks I'll try that!

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:20:21 pm »
    Guess I qwill pass on this light, any other good suggestions on a light that you have found that works well
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

KBoards.com

• Advertisement