Author Topic: I bought a K1 from a member. Love it.  (Read 932 times)  

Offline raynsally

• View Profile
I bought a K1 from a member. Love it.
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:36:59 pm »
I been playing around with the K1 I purchased from a member. It came just like brand new with a wonderful cover and an extra battery. I was going to use it just for audio books, but i'm thinking I will use it for the reading books, instead of my K2. The back on the K1 is just wonderful.  I have RA and it hard to hold the K2.
I don't like the heavy covers when i'm home but I do cover it when I go out. Well I won't go on and on but I do want her to know how happy I am with my purchase. May into the new year I will get a K3, if they don't come out with a K4 first.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline sleepy6553

• Central Florida
      • View Profile
    Re: I bought a K1 from a member. Love it.
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 12:48:42 pm »
    Congratulations on your purchase. I can't wait to use my K3. 18 more days!

Offline KindleMom

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:00:58 pm »
    I'm so happy for you!

IMO, the K1 is the easiest to hold without a cover of all the Kindles.  If I hadn't geeked out and had to get a K3, I'd still be happily using my K1. 

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:49:24 pm »
    I been playing around with the K1 I purchased from a member. It came just like brand new with a wonderful cover and an extra battery. I was going to use it just for audio books, but i'm thinking I will use it for the reading books, instead of my K2. The back on the K1 is just wonderful.  I have RA and it hard to hold the K2.
    I don't like the heavy covers when i'm home but I do cover it when I go out. Well I won't go on and on but I do want her to know how happy I am with my purchase. May into the new year I will get a K3, if they don't come out with a K4 first.

:)

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
    His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:57:22 pm »
    If I hadn't geeked out and had to get a K3, I'd still be happily using my K1.

But no collections on K1.  I found the "show contents", etc. on K1 to be kind of confusing.  Compared to K3 (no K2 here), I didn't care for scroll wheel, silver bar, etc. on K1.  Very happy with my K3 and DXG.

Very happy sallynray is enjoying HER K1!

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
    His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline luvshihtzu

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 04:19:02 pm »
    I think that just a plain little inexpensive MP3 Player like a Creative or Sansa would be so much better to use for listening to audiobooks.  I buy my Creative Players as refurbished for under $40 for a 4GB player.

NYCKindleFan

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »
    My husband has my old K1. I bought it during the big Oprah promo in 2008 and it's still working perfectly. He loves it and has no desire to upgrade even though we could afford to.

Offline Broadus

• Clinton, SC
      • View Profile
      • Carolina Commentary
    « Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 09:53:06 am »
    I'm hoping that folks' love for the K1 is an indication I will still love my K3 after the K4's and K5's roll out.  :)

Bill

NYCKindleFan

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 10:47:18 am »
    I'm hoping that folks' love for the K1 is an indication I will still love my K3 after the K4's and K5's roll out.  :)

Bill

I still love my K2 even though everyone is gaga over the K3. :)  There are people on this board who still love their K1's too! Just wait though, until the K4 comes out and you'll see some people who the day before loved loved loved their K3's but now that the K4 is out can't get it fast enough because the K3 is now inferior. Those are the true gadget geeks who just have to have the latest and greatest. :) Really though, all the Kindles from the K1 to the K3 are wonderful devices!

Offline Broadus

• Clinton, SC
      • View Profile
      • Carolina Commentary
    « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 10:53:16 am »
    I still love my K2 even though everyone is gaga over the K3. :)  There are people on this board who still love their K1's too! Just wait though, until the K4 comes out and you'll see some people who the day before loved loved loved their K3's but now that the K4 is out can't get it fast enough because the K3 is now inferior. Those are the true gadget geeks who just have to have the latest and greatest. :) Really though, all the Kindles from the K1 to the K3 are wonderful devices!

My budget cannot afford gadget geekery!  ;) I need to be satisfied with the K3 for a long time. I suspect I will.

Bill

Offline foreverjuly

• Crank Up The Awesome!
      • View Profile
      • Jason Letts's Blogathon
    « Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:38 pm »
    Look at that. I love it when people on Kindleboards get together. I'll bet that before long kindleboards will have its first marriage and then after that people will be flocking here from match.com to find their true loves.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement