Author Topic: JAVOedge Tweed Book Style Case for Kindle 3G/Wi-fi  (Read 3175 times)  

Offline woodkrafter

• NW North Carolina
    • View Profile
JAVOedge Tweed Book Style Case for Kindle 3G/Wi-fi
« on: December 26, 2010, 09:48:26 am »
Purchased the JAVOedge Tweed Book Style Case for Kindle 3G/Wi-fi on Dec 11th. Ordered direct from JAVOedge rather from Amazon.  This case was replacing the Amazon Kindle Leather Cover in Black which I sent back to Amazon. The Amazon case was rather stiff and I did not like the way the hooks appeared to put pressure on the Kindle.

The JAVOedge Tweed Book Style Case is very stylish with leather piping around the tweed and a good amount of soft leather in the hinge area. The leather is synthetic but is very nice looking. The cover opens flat and has room for id card and a slot for paper like a portfolio in the left cover.  The Kindle 3 fits snug in the soft leather harness on the right side of case. The openings for the buttons, etc line up very well.  

Two minor quibbles. The color of the cover on the JAVOedge website appears to me as charcoal.  The leather color however is more of a chocolate brown and the tweed inserts have a brown tinge as well.  The color is not objectionable but not what I thought it was going to be. Second, the magnetic 'catches' on top and bottom of inside cover hold well on top but less so on the bottom.  The cover can be pulled open rather easily because of this. I suspect because of the very flexible cover, the bottom catch has a tendency to not align exactly like the top catch.

Compared to the Amazon Leather Cover, the JAVOedge is a notch up in quality and all who have seen it like it.  Quibbles aside, all in all a very usable item well worth the purchase price.

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/productCatalog/getProduct.do?poid=3018&pbmId=18340

:)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:19:31 am by woodkrafter »
Tell not all you know, believe not all your hear, do not all you are able.
- Italian Proverb

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ReneAZ

• Phoenix, Arizona
      • View Profile
    Re: JAVOedge Tweed Book Style Case for Kindle 3G/Wi-fi
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:45:07 pm »
    Your case looks really nice.  I have the Javoedge Mimo book style case in saddle, and I have to agree with you regarding the magnets.
    The one at the top is strong, but I don't even think there IS one at the bottom - if so, it does nothing.
    I don't like the look of the cases that have the snap closure (and I think it would really bug me when holding the case).

But I do really like your case.  Great value (mine was $20), looks great and good protection.

Offline elakkljakldf

• View Profile
    Re: JAVOedge Tweed Book Style Case for Kindle 3G/Wi-fi
    « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:46:50 am »
    Your case looks really nice.  I have the Javoedge Mimo book style case in saddle, and I have to agree with you regarding the magnets.
    The one at the top is strong, but I don't even think there IS one at the bottom - if so, it does nothing.
    I don't like the look of the cases that have the snap closure (and I think it would really bug me when holding the case).

But I do really like your case.  Great value (mine was $20), looks great and good protection.

There IS one at the bottom, i think that the pocket might be covering it up.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement