Author Topic: The Kindle is a Great Gadget  (Read 3253 times)  

Offline Lambert

• Michigan
  • Enjoy Life
    • View Profile
    • Special Reports & Books
The Kindle is a Great Gadget
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:26 am »
The Kindle is a great gadget for reading books and other publications such as newspapers and magazines. It truly does read easily even in bright light.

Since it's not back lighted, there is hardly any glare at all. It's the closest you can get to a book for an electronic device.

The Kindle can hold thousands of books and can keep a charge for a week or more. It's very portable. There are three models out there. Two of them have a 6" screen, and the DX model has a 9.7" screen. The Dx is a plus for older eyes as is the resizable text in all models.

Kindle books are cheaper than a paperback and can save your pocket book as well as trees. If you find something you want to purchase then you can have it on your e-book with seconds with the wireless feature. The Kindle is best for reading. That's what it shines at. It does have web browsing ability but that feature can be clumsy and slow. Besides books and newspapers, you can also read blogs and magazines. This makes it a very convenient and attractive device.

Its popularity increases every day with new users. During the holidays, it can be hard to acquire, especially during Christmas. If that's your plan then shop early. Rumors say that it will soon be in stores, so that could make it easier to come by. If you spend much time in waiting rooms then this is the reading device for you. Be prepared for some interruptions though as passerby's comment on its appeal.

If you want full blown color and web browsing then the iPad may be a better solution, but if you want something purely for reading than the Kindle wins hands down. It is so pleasant to read that you may think that you are reading an actual bounded book. Don't be surprised if you lose track of time too. You can turn the wireless option on or off as needed to save battery life or to order and download reading materials. You can put your current PDFs on this marvelous device too.

If you want to adjust text size you will have to convert your PDFs to the native format which is easy to do. If you want to save a few trees and read with pleasure and enjoyment then take a look at this cool gadget.

Power Kindle Books Marketing and Promoting

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline KindleChickie

• View Profile
    Re: The Kindle is a Great Gadget
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:54:48 am »
    I have to disagree with you.    ;D

The Kindle is a terrible "gadget", but a fantastic ereader.  The reason I say this is because people who go looking for a new "gadget" usually are disappointed with the Kindle.  After all, all it does is read books.  And in black and white.  Gadget collectors just don't get it.

But people who truly want to read and are looking for a superior reading experience usually "get" the Kindle and love it.  That's why when people ask me about the Kindle and my opinion on whether they would enjoy it, I question them about whether they REALLY want an ereader or just a new gadget.  Because in my experience the people who are just looking for a new gadget are gonna be disappointed.

Offline Lambert

• Michigan
    • Enjoy Life
      • View Profile
      • Special Reports & Books
    « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:30:11 pm »
    Well this is one guy that loves the Kindle gadget or not! LOL  To me it's no big deal call it a gadget if you want to if not then don't. Maybe it's too useful to be called a gadget though...

Lambert

Power Kindle Books Marketing and Promoting

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:37:59 pm »
    I have to disagree with you.    ;D

The Kindle is a terrible "gadget", but a fantastic ereader.  The reason I say this is because people who go looking for a new "gadget" usually are disappointed with the Kindle.  After all, all it does is read books.  And in black and white.  Gadget collectors just don't get it.

But people who truly want to read and are looking for a superior reading experience usually "get" the Kindle and love it.  That's why when people ask me about the Kindle and my opinion on whether they would enjoy it, I question them about whether they REALLY want an ereader or just a new gadget.  Because in my experience the people who are just looking for a new gadget are gonna be disappointed.

Gadget or not (and I, a dyed-in-the-wool gadget lover, don't really consider it to be one), I love my Kindle. I really only use it for reading books, magazines, blogs, etc. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad, and I use those for web browsing and email. It is my absolute favorite possession.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
    • Self-help and Spiritual Living
      • View Profile
      • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
    « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:03:14 pm »
    The Kindle is a great gadget for reading books and other publications such as newspapers and magazines. It truly does read easily even in bright light.
    Thanks to Kindle, one of the most popular ebookreaders that ebooks have become extremely popular.  Printed books are going to be a rare phenomenon.

Offline R J Askew

• London, England
      • View Profile
      • r j askew
    « Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 05:53:11 am »
    Gadget or non-gadget, the Kindle is a potent revolutionary tool which is helping to smash down the cosy old world of the ivory-towered publishing houses with their snooty gatekeepers. I love it.
    English is the river which courses through us all and though which we live every aspect of our lives. It is 'all a river should be', to lift a line from Cannery Row. If we English speakers are lucky in our language, then those of us who write in said language are doubly so. To be in the language, in the wordfall, is to be part of a great natural force. Yet we think little of it for the most part. Yet how would it be were it to crumble in us through injury or illness, or be ripped from us by forces malign? We must guard it well for it is our greatest inherited common wealth, this river which stretches into our past through time out of mind and which we have a duty to instill in our children. Blimy, now where did that come from? London calling.

Offline jenjiyana42

• Massachusetts
      • View Profile
      • The Last Death of Tev Chrisini
    « Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »
    I'm so happy with mine (recent birthday present!) that I'm joining the forum.  Hi everyone.  :)

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:47:23 am »
    I'm so happy with mine (recent birthday present!) that I'm joining the forum.  Hi everyone.  :)

Hi, and welcome to the KB. I hope you enjoy these boards as much as I do!

I don't know if you've discovered the "Welcome" section of the boards yet, but here's a link to it. https://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

KBoards.com

• Advertisement