Author Topic: Lending Books (discussion of the Kindle lending feature)  (Read 36544 times)  

Offline Victorine

• Nebraska
    • View Profile
Re: Lending Books (discussion of the Kindle lending feature)
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53:19 am »
I loaned a book out (Mockingjay) in March and I can't get it back. It says on my account page that it's returned, but on my actual Kindle it's still loaned out. I can't read it. I'm not sure how to kick it into giving it back to me. (And yes, I have turned on and off my whispernet. Doesn't seem to acknowledge that the time is up.)

Do I just need to email Amazon? I hate to do that. I know they get so many emails and I really don't want to read it right now. I just want to clear that out of there so it's not at the top of my Kindle all the time.
Not What She Seems - A NYT's Bestseller

Now Available! Accidentally Married

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #126 on: May 30, 2012, 07:07:26 am »
    I loaned a book out (Mockingjay) in March and I can't get it back. It says on my account page that it's returned, but on my actual Kindle it's still loaned out. I can't read it. I'm not sure how to kick it into giving it back to me. (And yes, I have turned on and off my whispernet. Doesn't seem to acknowledge that the time is up.)

Do I just need to email Amazon? I hate to do that. I know they get so many emails and I really don't want to read it right now. I just want to clear that out of there so it's not at the top of my Kindle all the time.

Are you sure it's not available in your archives?  I've had the "loaned" item still showing up on the Kindle when the item was in my Archives and available to read.  I ended up just deleting the item from the Kindle.
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Victorine

• Nebraska
      • View Profile
    « Reply #127 on: May 30, 2012, 07:35:26 am »
    Ah, you're right. It was there in my archives. I opened it, but now it's gone from my archives and it still says it's loaned.

I'll try deleting it from my device. Thanks for the info! :D
    Not What She Seems - A NYT's Bestseller

Now Available! Accidentally Married

KBoards.com

• Advertisement