Author Topic: Ordered Rappaccini's daughter .99 book  (Read 829 times)  

Offline raynsally

• View Profile
Ordered Rappaccini's daughter .99 book
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:04:18 pm »
Message on K2, Can not be opened. If you purchased from Amazon, delete and redownload it from archived items,
available in home. I did this, still doesn't work. Now I can't remove it from the device or read it. It is just stuck on the home page. I tried reboot K2 still there. Wonder why? It's not the .99, I just wonder why I can't even archive it? I did want 2 read it. Thanks

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Super Moderators-5
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Ordered Rappaccini's daughter .99 book
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:10:51 pm »
    Sounds like the file is corrupted somehow. . .recommend you contact Kindle CS (www.amazon.com/kindlesupport) . . .they should be able to get it sorted out for you. . .
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Phil75070

• North Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:28 pm »
    Can you delete it by hooking the K2 up to your computer via USB and deleting it from the Documents folder on the Kindle?

Offline raynsally

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 06:39:38 am »
    After nothing I tried worked I called CS this am. After he tried everything, It still shows on the K2. He said it is gone from all files and refunded my .99. I told him I would put it in a collection under corrupt file and forget it. He said it couldn't hurt the devise and thinks it will disappear on its own. I wonder if anyone else ordered this book?

Offline foreverjuly

• Crank Up The Awesome!
      • View Profile
      • Jason Letts's Blogathon
    « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:57:40 am »
    That's such a shame because this is one of my favorite stories! I hope this won't stop you from reading it!

Offline KayakerNC

• Eastern North Carolina
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:04 am »
    Can you delete it by hooking the K2 up to your computer via USB and deleting it from the Documents folder on the Kindle?
    Sounds like a sure-fire solution, to me.
    Nelson
    Eastern North Carolina

Kindle PW

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 10:59:15 am »
    I ordered it the other night (after foreverjuly recommended it), and had the same problem. I finally was able to get rid of it. I think I finally got rid of it by hooking my Kindle up to my computer and then deleting it from my documents folder, as Phil suggested.

I was able to get it up and running by going to Amazon.com and into the Manage Your (My?) Kindle section. There, I found the listing of my purchase, and then chose to download it to my computer. From that point, I copied it into my documents file, and it is working. I haven't had time to read much of it yet, but I was able to start it.

NOTE:  I just tried to continue reading where I left off, and am unable to open it again. Guess I'll have to call CS when I have an hour to spare.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline raynsally

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 12:37:34 pm »
    I was reading a thread on another kindle board about trashing the classics. A couple were praising this book and I thought I had to read it. As far as I can see its the only version for Kindle. I wish they would delete it, if it doesn't work. Now foreverjuly is pushing it 2. Must be good. I need to go back and read the user guide again, I don't know what you mean by deleting from the doument folder., and the cs never mentioned it.

Offline foreverjuly

• Crank Up The Awesome!
      • View Profile
      • Jason Letts's Blogathon
    « Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 12:58:48 pm »
    Ha, that was me talking about it over there as well. Someone else said they got it but didn't mention any sort of a problem with the file. They said they got one of Hawthorne's collections with a few other stories as well. You might try looking at one of those.

Bon chance!

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »
    I was reading a thread on another kindle board about trashing the classics. A couple were praising this book and I thought I had to read it. As far as I can see its the only version for Kindle. I wish they would delete it, if it doesn't work. Now foreverjuly is pushing it 2. Must be good. I need to go back and read the user guide again, I don't know what you mean by deleting from the doument folder., and the cs never mentioned it.

When you have your Kindle connected to your computer, open the folder, find the documents folder, and then look for the book. When you find it, delete it from there. Eject your Kindle, and then restart it.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

KBoards.com

• Advertisement