Author Topic: The Book for a Buck Thread - 'I'd buy that for a dollar ...'  (Read 147326 times)  

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: The Book for a Buck Thread - 'I'd buy that for a dollar ...'
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2011, 07:29:05 am »
Cheers, Barbara. I'm a big fan of your book.:)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Nicki Lynn Justice

• View Profile
      • Official website of Nicki Lynn Justice
    « Reply #126 on: March 15, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »
     8)

It's almost Wednesday! Does anyone feel an attack of "Wednesday Bored and Broke" syndrome coming on? Here's a prescription: download Black & White, my fun and exciting romantic suspense novel for only $0.99. Remember that reading a good book a day will keep the Doctor away!

Here's an excerpt:

Then her heart froze and lodged in her chest. Her throat constricted so rapidly that she couldnt even take a quick breath. Her mind, however, registered the details with startling clarity.
                 There was something or someone just behind her right shoulder!  Not only could she feel a presence with her sixth sense that had obviously failed her until now, she could hear breathing. Loud breathing. Her mind began to slide into panic mode.
       Oh no, she told herself, this wasnt a situation worthy of panic. They caught her. So what? She began to turn around, about to offer up some sort of explanation, when she felt pressure on her shoulder.
       How dare they!
       Get your paws off me, she hissed through clenched teeth as she turned to face her antagonist. Time stood still and iced over as her conscious mind slammed into panic mode.
       There was a real paw on her shoulder! A very large, very hairy paw, attached to a very large, very hairy body!

I think our heroine is anything but bored!

Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO63UG

May your all endings be happy!

H.E.A.'s Forever,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

amazon.com/images/I/41Q84VhqiHL._SL125_.jpg[/img][/url]
    www.nickilynnjustice.webs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicki-Lynn-Justice/17988238.

Offline DeAngelo

• View Profile
    « Reply #127 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39:48 pm »
    I've considered putting my book up for a dollar. I just can't bring myself to price something I spent 4 years writing and editing for a dollar. Maybe I'll have a 1 week sale or something.

Offline Pamela

• West Hollywood, CA
      • View Profile
      • P.M. Richter
    « Reply #128 on: March 15, 2011, 08:46:41 pm »
    MIDNIGHT REFLECTIONS - over 400 pages - Romantic Suspense.  $.99 cent sale.

Julia is playing a dangerous undercover role, working for a man she suspects of murder. Robin, the man helping her is hiding his identity, trying to win her heart. Together, they uncover information so inflammatory they have to flee a dangerous politician. A man who rules a drug running network of dangerous people, capable of anything. Even murder

If you want to read the first chapter right now, click here.   http://pamelamary.wordpress.com/
    There's no advertising on the site except the addresses for the Amazon and B&N book pages.  So have fun reading.

P.M. Richter | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline DeAngelo

• View Profile
    « Reply #129 on: March 15, 2011, 09:04:59 pm »
    I put my book up for a limited time 99 cent sale. Hopefully I can get some reviews on both sites.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #130 on: March 15, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »
    Thanks, Nicki, DeAngelo and Pamela :)

Offline Pamela

• West Hollywood, CA
      • View Profile
      • P.M. Richter
    « Reply #131 on: March 16, 2011, 08:53:33 pm »
    Thank you Carl, for starting this thread and letting readers know about the wonderful sales.

I also have THE LIVING IMAGE  -  over 400 pages - on sale for $.99 cents. 
    With clones, twins, advanced computer technology, spies and counterespionage.

What would you do if you found your own double? What if it is part human, part computer and there are three government agencies that will do anything to possess it?

Click here if you would like to read the whole first chapter, right now.  There is no advertising on the site except the addresses for the book on Amazon and B&N.    http://pamelamary.wordpress.com/

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #132 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:24 pm »
    Thanks, Pamela :)

Offline Elijah Joon

• failure at life in general
      • View Profile
    « Reply #133 on: March 16, 2011, 09:23:21 pm »
    FROM THE AUTHOR WHO BROUGHT YOU THE THREAD, "I LIKE ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER MOVIES" - https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,56657.0.html

COMES THE NEWEST EBOOK BLOCKBUSTER

Introducing a new satirical Action/Adventure series starring ARHNULD BRAWNSWAGGER:

A savage crew of gangsters invades the home of a detective causing their boss trouble. They've already killed the detective's wife and cooked her for Christmas dinner. Now, they're going to put the detective out to pasture.
    The problem is, the detective is friends with THE AUSTRIAN-ACCENTED ACTION GUY, and right now, he and his trusty Desert Eagle are very angry.

Fans of Arnold Schwarzenegger movies and Chuck Palahniuk will get a blast out of this short story.
    Action-packed with pitch-black humor, this is an introduction to the RED BAND: Extreme Content Series from Joon Bug Media.

Mature Audiences Only.

Available on the Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Austrian-Accented-Action-Guy-Action-Satire-ebook/dp/B004S7MO6O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1300329154&sr=8-4

Barnes & Noble Nook: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/AUSTRIAN-ACCENTED-ACTION-GUY/ELIJAH-JOON/e/2940012246837/?itm=1&USRI=elijah+joon

Offline JJayKamp

• View Profile
      • http://about.me/JJayKamp
    « Reply #134 on: March 16, 2011, 10:54:22 pm »
    I know this was quite a few posts back, but Sheila Huggins, I LOVE the hook for your story.  Civil War history that I didn't know existed?  Combined with a murder mystery?  That sounds super interesting.

To participate in this wonderful thread, I have two books on sale for .99 cents, both historical (although one is technically a time-travel).  I'd be so grateful if you all could take a look! 

The first one, The Last Killiney, has a lot to do with Captain Vancouver's historic voyage to the Seattle area in 1792, when Vancouver went around naming things after his friends, crew and superiors back in London (as one would -- Heck, if I had the chance, I'd name mountains and islands after my boss to get ahead).

My second .99 cent book, The Bayman's Bride, is about a crazy guy in Belize who likes Mayan archeology better than his wife.  His dad (a duke) demands his son produce an "heir and spare," so the said crazy guy sends his lackey to collect the wife and cart her off to the jungle.  Bear in mind, this is in 1795, when Belize was a rough place.  The good news:  her husband's lackey sent to abduct her is HOT.  Of course he is - it's a romance novel, after all.

If you guys could support this struggling author and take a look-see, you'd be doing a very nice thing indeed.

Offline Brendan Carroll

• Texas
    • Only a fool can rule the world.
      • View Profile
      • Brendan Carroll
    « Reply #135 on: March 17, 2011, 07:05:35 am »
    Tempo Rubato ~ Stolen Time, romantic adventure/sci-fi/time-travel sort of tribute to a beloved historical character is on sale for only $.99 cents at Amazon.com.  BE WARNED: this novel is long, so if you are looking for a quick read, look elsewhere unless you are an Evelyn Woods scholar.
     :D :D I always say "the More (words), the Merrier".

Offline theaatkinson

• Canada
    • Fiction to the Left of Mainstream
      • View Profile
      • GonzoInk
    « Reply #136 on: March 17, 2011, 04:59:47 pm »
    I'm not sure I posted in here, but two of my books are 99c

Pray for Reign and Formed of Clay (a novella)

Fiction to the left of Mainstream| Phoenix is FREE
    Thea Atkinson | get more freebies

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #137 on: March 17, 2011, 11:36:35 pm »
    Cheers, guys :)

Offline Pamela

• West Hollywood, CA
      • View Profile
      • P.M. Richter
    « Reply #138 on: March 18, 2011, 11:13:51 am »
    Bumping the thread, for Carl and all the authors here, with another novel for $.99 cents.

The Necromancer - Paranormal Suspense - with witches, hexes, animal familiars, a woman in jeopardy and a wickedly handsome Necromancer

Michelle was brutally attacked in her locked hotel room.  The police didn't believe her and thought she had invited a man to her room for a little sexual encounter, which went dangerously out of control.  She decides an affair with the devilishly handsome man who moved into her building might cure her of the panic attacks.  How can she know she picked the wrong man.  A man known as the Necromancer...

Offline Bconvis

• NJ
      • View Profile
      • Darkest Days Publishing
    « Reply #139 on: March 18, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »
    Dogs of War: A Ghost Story

A new 25,000 word stand alone novella from the author of the Pandora's Children short story collections.

After divorcing his wife of two years, Gary Lettner thinks he has found the perfect house for himself and Molly, his eight-year-old daschund.

But when the throats of the dead begin to cry out in a voice that only Molly can hear, and when evidence of past atrocities committed in his new home begin to surface, Gary finds himself an unlikely participant in a brutal quest for vengeance.

Sometimes in life, you read about something in the paper or see something on the news that is just so horrible... but you know that true justice will never be discovered.  That's life and that's the world we live in.  Sometimes, as an author, the only way to make sense of it all, the only way to find some sense of justice, is to write your own ending to the story.

This is one such story.  "Dogs of War" is a brutal, heart-wrenching ghost story that attempts to find some justice in this sometimes crazy world we live in.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SHNS0K

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #140 on: March 19, 2011, 12:22:33 am »
    Thanks, BC and Pamela :)

Offline Nicki Lynn Justice

• View Profile
      • Official website of Nicki Lynn Justice
    « Reply #141 on: March 26, 2011, 08:32:08 pm »
     ;D

Hello again! I just wanted to let everyone know that my romantic suspense/legal thriller is gonna remain on sale for a buck until April. I said in my last post that it was only going to be on sale for a week, but it's selling so much better that I decided to leave it at a buck for a bit longer.

I hope you don't mind, but I thought that I would repost just to refresh memories.... so here goes with my latest attempt at a humorous plug:

Do you want a healthier lifestyle? Here's a tip: Grab an apple and download Black & White, my fun, exciting romantic suspense/legal thriller. Think rendezvous between a Canuck John Grisham and Gemma Halliday, with some twists and turns that are totally unexpected. The sale continues, and it still costs only $0.99. Remember, reading a good book a day will keep the doctor away!

Links:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35883
     http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO63UG

Blurb:

Jillian Kendall, Centurotechs corporate attorney, hopes that the strange events that have been turning her formerly peaceful life upside-down since she arrived in Calgary, Alberta, are a product of her over-active imagination. But as she implements the merger between Centurotech and Hunter Electronics, she is drawn into the web of deceit that has been spun around her. There is only one way out, and it involves asking Code Hunter, founder of Hunter Electronics and childhood friend, for help. The problem is that Jillian is not certain that he can be trusted. And he is just as wary of her!

Excerpt:

Jillian was about to push her chair back and follow suit when a pile of paper was unceremoniously dumped in front of her. She glanced at the first page. It was entitled  Release and Waiver. At least this was something she was familiar with. She didnt even bother to skim it. She just picked up the pen handed to her by the administrative assistant and signed. She knew exactly what it said.
       Just a minute, said Code.
       Jillian noticed that he was reading the fine print. Dont bother, she advised, stifling a yawn. It just says that no matter what happens, you wont sue any of them.
       Happens? he echoed. What do you mean?
       Oh, you know, she said airily, if youre found cut-up, grossly mutilated, stuffed in a box, at the bottom of the ocean. Or found riddled with bullet holes in a dark alley, or
       Youd be lucky to be found at all. He followed her advice and signed at the bottom of the second page. Ive always wondered how someone can give permission to have their life ripped out from under them.
       She was startled, both by the bitterness in his voice, and by the fact that she had often wondered the same thing. Well, its kind of complicated. I personally think that you cant consent, not really. Jillian tried to quell the quiver in her voice and sound nonchalant. She knew she failed when Code looked up from the pile of paper in front of him.
       She immediately made a show of rifling through the papers in front of her. When we get through this, Im going to research that very question. Its really complicated, and hinges on the definitions of negligence and gross negligence. Shed show him that she did far more exciting things with her life than drafting contracts and hassling people like him.
        Okay. Fascinating as it may be, Im just going to sign this stuff. If Im going to end up dead, Id rather not be bored to death. Stuffed in a box at the bottom of the ocean sounds good right about now! He flipped to the next form in his pile.
       So much for demonstrating that she was a worthy and experienced crime-fighting partner. She had just made herself sound like a real geek.

Thanks and Happy Reading!!!

Nicki Lynn Justice
    H.E.A.'s Forever,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

amazon.com/images/I/41Q84VhqiHL._SL125_.jpg[/img][/url]
    www.nickilynnjustice.webs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicki-Lynn-Justice/17988238.

Offline William L.K.

• New York
    • Webmaster for AwesomeTrilogies.com
      • View Profile
      • www.AwesomeTrilogies.com
    « Reply #142 on: March 26, 2011, 09:01:47 pm »
    All three of my books are .99 cents for a limited time!
    Click on the covers below for more info.
    Happy Reading!

Offline terryr

• 45.06N 93W
    • Artist, Author, Editor, Spy
      • View Profile
      • Zapstone Productions LLC
    « Reply #143 on: March 28, 2011, 01:36:15 am »

Science Fantasy, Action Adventure
    99 cents/70p through first week of April only.
    Available also for Nook/EPUB
    If you live in a country where download fees apply please PM me for alternative purchasing and delivery methods.
    Amazon US link
    Amazon UK link
    Amazon US link
    Amazon UK link
    I need more coffee.

Offline Raybrite

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: March 28, 2011, 02:24:13 am »
    Something for everyone.

Weeun- A short collection of poetry and drawings of a young Scottish girl. She gets all the revenue from this one. It was published to help her out.

The Lord's Prayer- A short book to generate thought about what we way when we think.

Raybrite's First Adventure (Revised)- This is a revision of a book I published for children. It is about a 9 year old reading level. The story is about a young boy ( myself with a take off of my son's name). The Dayton part is from my childhood and the fantasy part is from my mind. This is a short story. It is also the first of a series.
    All are .99 and all are short.
    You never know until you try.
    Blog- kennethjcoonauthor.wordpress.com
    [/url

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #145 on: March 28, 2011, 08:13:22 am »
    Cheers, Ray.  :)

Offline MMullin

• LA, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #146 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:16 am »
    cool - thanks Carl for setting this thread up.

My book is a "Tim Burton meets Wicked" alternative fairy tale about the previously unknown 8th dwarf, named Creepy. It's for anyone whose ever been misunderstood or ostracized for being different. That's pretty much everyone, right?

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #147 on: March 30, 2011, 10:08:43 am »
    A pleasure, MM. Good luck. Your book sounds great :)

Offline jmbarlog

• View Profile
    « Reply #148 on: March 30, 2011, 10:14:45 am »

An ultra-secret CIA counterterrorist team must eliminate a deadly terrorist before his next strike.

Only 99 cents

http://www.amazon.com/Necessary-Measures-ebook/dp/B003X4KW76/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1301504904&sr=8-7

J. M. Barlog      

Offline bnapier

• View Profile
      • Ghosts in Parentheses
    « Reply #149 on: March 30, 2011, 10:20:25 am »
    My short story collection 13 Broken Nightlights is now available for just $0.99 (and brand-spanking new, too...it just went live yesterday!)

13 Broken Nightlights is a collection of thirteen short stories by Barry Napier, all published in print or online publications over the past four years. The stories included in the collection walk the fragile line between horror and supernatural fiction, often merging the two voids as one.

A young boy discovers a unique way to cope with the tragic loss of his father.

A trip home from the local bar on a wintry night quickly turns into a nightmare for a small group of men.

A twist on classic legends about musicians selling their souls to the Devil reveals the darker side to music.

A book written by the most sadistic people in history continues to grow in length with each new person that reads it.

And much more...

From the spectral fringes of hope to the jagged edges of damnation, 13 Broken Nightlights is a perfect fit for those that enjoy traditional ghost stories as well as those that are seeking something much darker.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement