Author Topic: The Book for a Buck Thread - 'I'd buy that for a dollar ...'  (Read 147332 times)  

Offline Lisa Hinsley

• Wirral, England
    • View Profile
    • Lisa's website
Re: The Book for a Buck Thread - 'I'd buy that for a dollar ...'
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2011, 10:42:09 am »
Hi Carl, it's been a long time since I've been active on these boards. I've been away writing, and have released my next title - a sci-fi novel. Here's a bit about it:

In a dystopian near-future, overpopulation has led to a government dedicated to reducing citizen numbers. Suicide is legalised, food is rationed, and reproduction forbidden without permission.

Cassie ONeil broke the law, she had sex before marriage. She is sentenced to die on a game show, The Ultimate Choice, but when a contestant collapses Cassie takes her chance and runs. Staying alive is hard with no ration card or place to hide. But she is a woman who refuses to die.

The Ultimate Choice US,  The Ultimate Choice - UK
is my new novel, available for only $0.99/0.70.

Thank you for looking,
Lisa

PS Nice to see you doing so well.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline keithdbz

• Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #151 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:51 am »
    I've reduced the price for my Fantasy novella Behind The Stained Glass to .99 for the month of April, since Amazon has already made the change, I'll announce it now. Click the link in my sig and enjoy :-)

Offline Dana Taylor

• Hawaii
    • Supernal Living.com--Exploring wonder
      • View Profile
      • Supernal Living
    « Reply #152 on: March 30, 2011, 12:31:55 pm »
    Hi Carl--

My campy twist on the Robin Hood tale, "Princess Robin" is a great way to spend a buck.

Full of adventure, romance and comedy, it won the RWA "Great Expectations" and "Gotcha" contests.

Thanks!

Dana
    Dana Taylor
    Twitter: @SupernalDana @bookluvinbabes Blog www.DanaTaylorAuthor.com

Offline Vivi_Anna

• View Profile
    « Reply #153 on: March 30, 2011, 12:36:04 pm »
    My story DAWNING, is only 99 cents!

A prequel to GLIMMER
    This is a short story

Born with gills and not wings, Dashrael has always tried to prove himself to the high fae of Nightfall.  A skilled tracker and hunter, his services have been used for a century.  But the mission this time is different and goes against everything he believes in.    And disobeying orders sets destiny into motion.

Vivi Anna is a master at writing urban fantasy and paranormal romances that keep the reader on the edge of the seat and GLIMMER is no exception. Debbie, CK2KwipsandKritiques

Tawny Stokes/Vivi Anna | facebook | twitter

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #154 on: March 31, 2011, 05:55:47 am »
    Thanks, Anna.x

Offline CJArcher

• View Profile
      • CJ Archer
    « Reply #155 on: March 31, 2011, 04:41:26 pm »
    To celebrate the release of Kiss of Ash, second book in the Witchblade Chronicles, I've lowered the price of the first book, Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles), to 99 cents.

Isabel's quiet life as an assistant to one of London's famous apothecaries hides a deadly secret. A secret that could see her put on trial for witchcraft if the authorities uncover the truth. But when the authority figure who turns up at her shop is Sir Nicholas Merritt, she's at risk of losing more than her life. She could lose her heart and soul, and the man she loves.

Royal spy Sir Nicholas Merritt can't believe his luck when he stumbles upon Isabel during an investigation. He's been searching for her for seven long years and now he has her again, in his bed and his life. Except she's resisting all the way. Worse still, she's somehow tangled up with a plot to assassinate the queen. To hold onto her this time, he must find out why she left him while hiding a secret of his own that could tear them apart forever.

C.J. Archer: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Tumblr

Offline stacyjuba

• View Profile
      • Stacy Juba Web Site
    « Reply #156 on: March 31, 2011, 07:13:06 pm »
    I have two new children's picture books for 99 cents each. Links are in my signature line. Thanks!

The Flag Keeper - This book is designed to teach children about U.S. flag etiquette through an educational fiction story. It also includes discussion questions, flag facts, and an activity.

Victoria Rose and the Big Bad Noise - Victoria loves her home and family, but boy does she hate the noises that invade her daily life. Her imagination transforms the blender into a growling bear, the vacuum cleaner into a lion and the lawnmower into a spaceship filled with monsters. With the help of a CD player, she decides that maybe a nasty noise like the blender is just music that doesn't know how to sing.

I'm the author of 10 published books including the Hockey Rivals series for young adults, the Storybook Valley chick lit series, mystery novels, and the patriotic children's book The Flag Keeper. I also teach the Book Editing Blueprint online writing class, helping authors who need guidance on how to edit a book, and am a freelance developmental editor. My goal is to save writers from overwhelm, showing them how to edit their own writing.
    Hello! I'm a fiction author, freelance editor, and online course creator
    Stacy Juba | Author website | Shortcuts for Writers | Shortcuts for Writers Facebook Group | Instagram | Twitter | Free Line Editing Class

Offline Katie Salidas

• Las Vegas
      • View Profile
      • Written In Blood
    « Reply #157 on: March 31, 2011, 09:10:43 pm »
    Can I toss mine into the mix?

Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Book one in the Immortalis series.)
    Bloodlust, fanatical vampire hunters, thousand-year old vendettas, and a pair of sharp, new fangs.  Newly-turned vampire, Alyssa got a lot more than she bargained for when Lysander saved her from a pair of rapist on the college campus of UNLV. Immortality is not as pretty as all the books and movies had portrayed it, and Alyssa's having a hard time with the change.

"Becoming a vampire is easy. Living with the condition, that's the hard part."

With danger looming on the horizon, and the vampire hunters closing in, Alyssa will have to find the strength to accept this terrifying new reality. There's no turning back now. It's either, Carpe Noctem (seize the night), or final death.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #158 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:28 am »
    Cheers, Katie :)

Offline Bob Mayer

• Write on the River TN
      • View Profile
      • Cool Gus Publishing
    « Reply #159 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:25 am »
    The first book in my military thriller series, Eyes of the Hammer is now .99.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #160 on: April 05, 2011, 10:24:46 am »
    Cheers, Bob. Good luck with it :)

Offline Nicki Lynn Justice

• View Profile
      • Official website of Nicki Lynn Justice
    « Reply #161 on: April 05, 2011, 11:01:18 am »
     :P

Love this thread! There are so many good books out there, many of which I found here.

So I'm gonna put in one last plug for my book, Black & White, as I plan to boost the price next week and release Book #2 at 99 cents the week after! So I'll be back...

So here goes:

It's spring!! Here's a cheap way to celebrate and reward yourself for surviving a long, long winter: Grab your Kindle, go to the park, find a bench in the sun, then download Black & White, an exciting romantic suspense/legal thriller ebook, for only 99 cents. Then just sit, read and relax. You earned it! P.S. Don't forget the sunscreen!

Here's an excerpt:

What was that all about? he asked. You werent exactly screaming, but you were definitely running.
          Didnt do any good, she gasped as she came to a halt in front of him. Her cheeks were flushed, and her chest rose and fell with each deep breath. I cant believe I let them get away!
          What? He tried to follow her line of thought. Perhaps the suit was impeding his ability to think. There was someone else here?
          Yup! She sounded almost gleeful. I heard them arguing in the parking lot awhile ago. She glanced at her watch. About seventeen minutes ago. I heard voices, then I saw two perps heading this way. I followed them.
          Clarify the word perps, he requested acerbically, for those of us who are lay people.
          Perpetrators, she said, impatience evident in her voice, in this case, two unidentified individuals sneaking around, consorting about or possibly even performing an illegal act.
    He shook his head in confusion. So you saw two people and assumed they were criminals?
          They were behaving in a suspicious manner, she stated. They were arguing about something, then I saw them running across the parking lot. When I turned around, they had disappeared!
          So? He tried to keep the impatience from his voice.
          So the perps obviously didnt want to be seen because they were doing something illegal. She spoke as if she was explaining a simple concept to a recalcitrant child.
          Or they could have been maintenance people.
          Perhaps, she acknowledged, I thought of that angle too. Maintenance people dont sneak about. Im certain that they were doing something that wouldnt be covered under any corporate mission statement.
          Even assuming that was the case, why would you follow them and not call security? he asked.
          She hesitated for a moment. I probably should have, she said, her brow furrowing, but it happened so quickly that I didnt stop to think. They didnt want to be seen, and they were talking about me. In a bad way.
          Talking about you? he echoed. Now he felt as if hed taken a step into something that was way over his level of comprehension. I think youve lost me.
           They were talking about lawyers, in particular, women lawyers, in a derogatory fashion.
           Let me get this straight. You overhear a conversation, and think its about you?
           Look, she snapped, frustration clearly evident in her tone, I would love it if you could come up with an explanation that makes sense! After all, you are the CEO, or, at least, you were until midnight. Call it intuition, but something doesnt seem quite right.
          He took a deep breath. Lawyer-bashing is a fairly common occurrence. He held up his paw as her face settled into a mutinous expression. Not that I would ever do it! he said quickly, backing up a few steps.

Happy Reading,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

Here is Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35883
    Here is the link to amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO63UG

H.E.A.'s Forever,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

amazon.com/images/I/41Q84VhqiHL._SL125_.jpg[/img][/url]
    www.nickilynnjustice.webs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicki-Lynn-Justice/17988238.

Offline Alisha

• Dallas, Texas
    • Southern to the bone
      • View Profile
      • Alisha Paige, Ruby Vines and Wolfgang Pie
    « Reply #162 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:27 am »
    H.P. Mallory's books are great buys for a buck!

I have a couple of books AVAILABLE NOW for .99! (Both Books Can Be Found in my Signature Below)

Circle City: Lord of the Wolfen ~ Book I is a FULL LENGTH 106,000 word Paranormal. More bang for your buck!

Welcome to Axl's Wolfdorn's World. Circle City is home of the Wolfen where they live as humans inside the city limits and dwell in underground caverns as Wolf people. And have done so happily for the last 1500 years.

Book Blurb
    On the edge of civilization, there is a place called Circle City, Alaska. The last town before the Yukon Flats gives way to frigid desolation. When Zoe O'Brien, a secluded widow, kills a crazed mother wolf and saves the only cub from sure death, she ignites a war between the Wolfen Clan and the Kontar Clan. The wolf people have been enemies of the dog people for centuries and the cub she takes in is heir to the Wolfen throne. Taken prisoner by the Wolfen for murder and kidnapping, Zoe is forced to see and do things with creatures she never knew existed, held against her will in a world she both desires and fears. Axl Wolfdorn is coming of age, ready for his Unleashing and on the hunt for his Moonswan, the female he will choose for the Chase and the royal Feral Consummation. But how can he consider bonding with a mate when the only scent deep within his nose is the tangy scent of the woman who saved his life, the very woman who forced his clan into war, the woman he must now kill to avenge his mother's death?

The Hour Glass Witch is a fantasy time travel novella

Book Blurb
    Cursed for mocking Aphrodite, the Greek muse of history is thrust back in time to the Salem Witch Trials. Seeking atonement while assigned the duty of inspiring humans during times of great historical significance, Clio has her work cut out for her. Her efforts fail in the first twenty-four hours, unable to twist fate and salvage lives. Accused of being a witch, she is thrown in prison by a former lover from another time. To escape the gallows, she flees back in time, to the Italian Renaissance, where she becomes a courtesan for a famous Italian painter, living a life of luxury while pining for her lost love. Her favorite god and good friend, Dionysus is living it up in Tuscany. He invites her to a wild party at his palace where she finds her love again, only to be separated once more. While the sands of time run out, she travels to Hades in search of her love. Will Clio make it out in time to save the condemned souls of Salem?

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #163 on: April 06, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »
    Cheers, Alisha :)

Offline ashleygirardi

• Chicago, IL
      • View Profile
      • Ashley's Blog
    « Reply #164 on: April 06, 2011, 08:35:29 pm »
    Born without magic, seventeen-year-old Helena Hex Wayward is an embarrassment to her power-hungry relatives. As the weakest member of the worlds most deadly magical family, Hex learns early how to avoid confrontation. Theres no defending herself against an errant curse or the pit-demon that her cousins like to summon during family reunions.

When the dark magic inside of her -- magic that she never dreamt even existed -- erupts in a violent display, it kills a member of a rival family. Now, Hex's family hopes to use her magic for their own sinister purposes and their enemies just want her dead. Abandoning her magic will leave Hex defenseless but she's seen how quickly power corrupts even the best intentions.

She has to make a choice:

Save her life or save her soul.

Now $0.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U7EUN2

Offline Harry Shannon

• Los Angeles
      • View Profile
      • The Official Harry Shannon Web Site
    « Reply #165 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:15 pm »
    THE PRESSURE OF DARKNESS (A Thriller) a blistering 441 pages now only .99

"Gritty, absorbing, and wonderfully written. Easily one of the best thrillers of the year."
     --J.A. Konrath

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pressure-of-Darkness-ebook/dp/B003DKK1KS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1281128140&sr=1-1

"A dark, thrilling tale of murder and intrigue that will have you turning the pages as fast as you can."
    --Crimespree Magazine

"Master craftsmanship...a dark and thrilling stroll along the knife edge. Highly recommended."
    --Cemetery Dance

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pressure-of-Darkness-ebook/dp/B003DKK1KS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1281128140&sr=1-1

In October, of 1993 a small Special Ops team roped down in Somalia to assassinate a cult leader. The mission went horribly wrong. Their leader was killed, the medic shot in the spine. Only two of the D-Boys, Red Burke and Scotty Bowden, came away unscathed.

The aging soldiers now live in the LA area. Wheelchair bound 'Doc' is employed by the Coroner's office, Bowden is steadily a deteriorating cop on the take and Burke works both sides of the law to cover his wifes medical bills. When famous horror novelist Peter Stryker is found dead, Burke is hired to investigate why a man would commit suicide by butchering his own body.

The trail rapidly leads Burke to embrace an old lover, confront a vicious drug lord, and finally recruit his friends to stage one last mission against a mysterious cult with plans to unleash a deadly virus.

If Michael Herr, David Morrell and Robert Stone wrote a book together, this would be it. The Pressure of Darkness is a tremendous novel that works on every level.
    --Ken Bruen

The Pressure of Darkness keeps the pages turning as fast as
    your hands can move. Strap in and read fast, or this one'll leave without
    you.
    --Gregg Hurwitz

ONLY .99 CENTS

On Twitter.com as HarryShannon
    www.HarryShannon.com

oliewankanobe

« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2011, 09:03:38 pm »
    Both in my siggie-- My Boyfriend's Back is pretty much for anyone-- humorous paranormal romance with angels.  Telling Moon is erotica, be forwarned. 

My next will be coming out this month: Raising Tabitha-- a dark comedy about surviving cancer and finding love.

Offline mamiller

• View Profile
      • www.maureenamiller.com
    « Reply #167 on: April 07, 2011, 07:31:07 am »

All of my romantic suspense books are currently .99 cents, however WIDOW'S TALE will be returning to 1.99 in May so take advantage of me now!  ;D

WIDOW'S TALE

Serena Murphy was losing her mind.

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. In the loft above her tavern, Serena hears footsteps pace across her living room floor, yet when she turns, no one is there.

Alan would not let a little thing like death stop him from tormenting her. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.

Offline D.M. Trink

• A quest to solve the mystery of the silver dragon
      • View Profile
      • Books by Delyse
    « Reply #168 on: April 07, 2011, 11:34:05 am »
    Looking for something a little different to read?

How about a fun mystery/amateur detective/adventure novel? One that teens to seniors, males or females can enjoy?

Join four friends as they go on a clue-solving adventure trying to decipher the mystery of the majestic silver dragon statue with ruby-colored eyes. See if their race to the end leaves them with everything they expected and more!
    Now on sale for $0.99!
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Crimson-Eyed-Dragon-ebook/dp/B004C44GLY
    A quest to solve the mystery of the dragon statue

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #169 on: April 08, 2011, 10:30:33 am »
    Sounds great, DM :)

Offline Debbie Bennett

• UK
      • View Profile
      • Debbie's website
    « Reply #170 on: April 08, 2011, 10:37:51 am »
    Michael Redford died on his seventeenth birthday - the night Eddie picked him up off the street, shot him full of heroin and assaulted him.

Less than a dollar (apart from the tax that's been added). Psychological thriller Hamelin's Child was long-listed for a prestigious UK crime writing award. It's deep and dark and if you like nail-biting tension, why not give a try and download a free sample? Reviewers (not friends) have said they read it in one sitting.

Debbie

Psychological thriller/crime & fantasy writer

All ebook formats and paperbacks available.
    www.debbiebennett.co.uk

Hamelin's Child currently FREE in most ebook stores
    Rat Run coming soon ...

Offline lisamaliga

• USA
    • Author of books for discerning readers
      • View Profile
      • Author of books for discerning readers ~ www.lisamaliga.com
    « Reply #171 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:59 am »
    Thanks, Carl!  :)

Here's a non-fiction title that's here just in time for summer.

MONOI DE TAHITI: SPA IN A BOTTLE

What is Monoi de Tahiti and how will it benefit you? A bottle of this Polynesian beauty product has a variety of uses and will soothe your skin, hair and nails. "Monoi de Tahiti: Spa in a Bottle" is a unique e-book focused on this fragrant and natural Tahitian beauty oil. Receive an abundance of information along with never-before-seen recipes!

The author has worked with Monoi de Tahiti for more than a decade and has added it to soap and other bath & body products.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoi-Tahiti-Spa-Bottle-ebook/dp/B004S3CVWA

Author of books for discerning readers
    Lisa Maliga | Official Website | Blog | Facebook | Pinterest[/ur

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #172 on: April 15, 2011, 07:14:59 am »
    Any more for any more?

Offline mamiller

• View Profile
      • www.maureenamiller.com
    « Reply #173 on: April 15, 2011, 07:23:52 am »
    Hi Carl,  :D

My romantic suspense, BORROWED TIME is still only .99 cents.

An accident on a frozen highway brings two strangers together.

Brian Morrison has no recollection of what placed him on that icy stretch hundreds of miles from home. In his line of business, memory loss was unacceptable and accountability was crucial.

Upon her parents death, Emily Brennan became the sole guardian of her brilliant, yet eccentric brother. Her devotion to protect him from a world that shunned the abnormal made her do the unthinkable. She stole designs from National Marine Dynamicsand now she was on the run.

Only an hour from the promise of safety, Emily witnesses the car behind her spin out of control on an icy stretch of highway. Fear dictated that she should flee, but the body slumped on the shoulder of the road appealed to her humanity.

Emily and Brian are two strangers thrown together by an errant patch of ice. Would the truths of their identities tear them apart or would they unite in battle against an egomaniac that threatened the safety of innocent civilians.

Offline Troykirby

• View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: April 15, 2011, 09:31:19 pm »
    The Deity (horror novella, 25,000 words, $0.99 kindle, smashwords)
    www.troykirby.com
    Synopsis: A scientist recounts how his creatures turned against him.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement