Author Topic: The Book for a Buck Thread - 'I'd buy that for a dollar ...'  (Read 147327 times)  

Offline Ignacio Gimenez Sasieta

• View Profile
Re: The Book for a Buck Thread - 'I'd buy that for a dollar ...'
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:32 am »
Hi everyone!
Looking for a 0.99 thriller?
If you speak spanish, my last book La Senda del Crimen is now n.1 in spanish books Amazon-Kindle-Mistery-Police Procedurals.

Hola a todos!
Buscas un thriller por 99 centavos?
Si hablas espaol, mi ltimo libro La Senda del Crimen es ahora mismo el n 1 en libros policiacos en espaol en Kindle.

Ignacio.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #176 on: April 19, 2011, 09:33:38 am »
    Thanks guys. Some fantastic books there :)

Offline Greenkeeper

• Texas
    • S.D. Best, author and alleged artist
      • View Profile
      • Stuff that Steve Wrote
    « Reply #177 on: April 19, 2011, 09:56:45 am »
    I have two YA Fantasy books out for 99 cents each. You can check it out on my Book Bazaar thread here or just go right to the source using the links in my signature.

Offline bnapier

• View Profile
      • Ghosts in Parentheses
    « Reply #178 on: April 19, 2011, 10:11:59 am »
    My books The Masks of Our Fathers (a novel) and 13 Broken Nightlights (a collection of short stories published in small press venues over the past 4 years) are both available for $0.99.  Both can be found in my sig.

Also, for the remainder of April, if you purchase one of them and provide a review, I will give you the second one for free!  Message me if interested.

Offline Fredster

• View Profile
    « Reply #179 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:48 pm »
    My thriller No Limit is $0.99, and broke briefly into the top 100 for horror today:

Poker player Matt Freeman knows life is a gamble, so when an oncologist offers an experimental gene therapy as a possible cure for the terminal cancer killing his eleven-year-old son Andrew, he takes a chance. The treatment works, and Matt feels like he's beaten the house. His elation is short-lived, however, because Andrew is soon killed in a freak accident.

Nearly a year later, he is still struggling with his loss when a midnight phone call begins with a single electrifying word: Daddy?

He races into the Nevada desert to find Andrew not only alive, but in possession of an incredible new ability and on the run from those he calls bad people. Now Matt must protect his son from enemies with seemingly endless resourcesand the willingness to turn Las Vegas into a battle zone.

Approximately 88,000 words.

Offline Nicki Lynn Justice

• View Profile
      • Official website of Nicki Lynn Justice
    « Reply #180 on: April 19, 2011, 04:28:52 pm »
     ;D

Hey Everyone!

Kinderati, a super-cool site for everyone who enjoys reading a good book, has posted an interview with moi! The article features Black & White, my romantic suspense/legal thriller on sale at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO63UG or https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35883 for only 99 cents! Read all about me at http://www.kinderati.com/2011/04/nicki-lynn-justice-on-her-legal!

Here's an excerpt:Here's an excerpt:

I think Im stuck. The suits a bit too tight.
        The velcro strips holding the head on are still done up. Jillian turned to face him and deftly separated the strips. Then she grasped what she assumed to be the cheeks of the squirrel head and pulled. His neck seemed to stretch, then she felt rather than heard a pop. She hoped that it was the suit and not his neck.
        Mmpf! 
        Sorry! She released the pressure immediately. Youre right. Its stuck.
        No kidding! At least I can see again. He took a deep breath, and tried to ignore the sharp stab of pain. And tried to concentrate on the musty smell that emanated from the suit. She smelled good, better than she had a right to this early in the morning. Her eyes met his through the screen, and he realized that he was the object of intense scrutiny.
        I think I need to twist the head and pull at the same time.
        No, he almost shouted, feeling somewhat panicked. I dont need my neck broken!

H.E.A.'s forever,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

H.E.A.'s Forever,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

amazon.com/images/I/41Q84VhqiHL._SL125_.jpg[/img][/url]
    www.nickilynnjustice.webs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicki-Lynn-Justice/17988238.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #181 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:29 am »
    Cheers, Nicki :)

Offline theaatkinson

• Canada
    • Fiction to the Left of Mainstream
      • View Profile
      • GonzoInk
    « Reply #182 on: April 23, 2011, 11:40:22 am »
    not sure if I mentioned Formed of Clay. It's 99cents and has a spanky new cover

More than anything, young Sentu wants to learn the new letters of Pharaoh Menes's court. Born of lowly fellahin stock, he believes his acceptance into the priesthood for study must surely be a miracle of his ka--only those borne of a higher caste are afforded such privilege.

Or so he believes.

He soon learns that not all is as holy as it appears in the privileged world of scribes and priests .

The acolytes suffer under the tutelage of Hozat, the High Priest: ritual sacrifices involve more than mere beasts, they involve anyone who stands in Hozat's way to ultimate power. Though Sentu is at first spared much of the darkest of Hozat's secrets, he soon realizes he cannot escape the fate of his ka forever.

When Pharaoh conquers Nubia and takes hostage that land's powerful sorceress, Sentu's own world crashes around him, and he has to discover whether justice is more important than forgiveness.

Formed of Clay is a study of betrayal and absolution within the rich world of ancient Egyptian mythology.

Fiction to the left of Mainstream| Phoenix is FREE
    Thea Atkinson | get more freebies

Offline Nicki Lynn Justice

• View Profile
      • Official website of Nicki Lynn Justice
    « Reply #183 on: April 26, 2011, 09:44:05 am »
     :P

Hey Carl! Thanks - both for the thread and your encouraging comments!

I just wanted to post again, mainly because Black & White, my romantic suspense/legal thriller, is still priced at 99 cents. It's available at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO63UG or https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35883.

I am a little behind with the release of my new YA Futuristic Fantasy, The Oracle, but it will also be priced at 99 cents when it comes out.

Last week was really busy.

Kinderati, a super-cool site for anyone who enjoys a good book, posted an interview with me featuring Black & White. You can read all about me at http://www.kinderati.com/2011/04/nicki-lynn-justice-on-her-legal!

Then, if you're in the mood, you could trot on over to Chicki Brown's Blog at: http://www.sisterscribbler.blogspot.com. Guess who she featured Friday??? That's right...me! There's an excerpt posted, and a lot of really cool, reasonably priced books listed, which should make your decision your post easter bunny prezzie that much easier!

To top it all off, I got the cover for The Oracle! I posted it on my facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicki-Lynn-Justice/17988238. Of course, I'm biased, but I just love it!

To get you in the mood to do all that clicking and reading, here is a new excerpt:

"Now, about that cat..."
         She sighed. "This is going to sound really silly."
         "No sillier than you just did."
         She ignored that comment. "It was a way of rating my relationships. If I liked the cat better than the guy, I'd dump the guy."
         "But you don't have a cat."
         "I have a good imagination."
         He nodded. "So how many imaginary cats did you get rid of?"
         "None," she replied.
         "Anyone ever ask you to get rid of the cat?" he quipped, to cover the curious feeling of pleasure her words evoked.
         "The last one would have. I got rid of him instead.
         "But you were going to get rid of the cat for me."
         She shrugged. "I was half in love, almost asleep, and had just been through the most incredible love-making experience of my life, so I may not have been thinking clearly."
         He preened. "I've been told that I'm pretty good."
         "Hah," she exclaimed. "They probably just felt sorry for you."
         He quirked an eyebrow at her, but didn't bother to reply. "I don't think anyone has ever said they were half in love with me," he said softly.
         "Don't count on it. It could go either way. The cat hasn't been dropped off at that nice home in the country yet."

H.E.A.'s Forever,
    Nicki Lynn

H.E.A.'s Forever,
    Nicki Lynn Justice

amazon.com/images/I/41Q84VhqiHL._SL125_.jpg[/img][/url]
    www.nickilynnjustice.webs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicki-Lynn-Justice/17988238.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #184 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:46 am »
    A pleasure, Nicki.x

Offline jmkwriter

• Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #185 on: April 26, 2011, 12:29:19 pm »

People die every day.

But not all of the souls can or want to move onto the afterlife.

That's where the brothers Thane and Mort Grym come in.

Thane and Mort are bounty hunters for dead souls. They inherited the job from their father and they're two of the best in town.

But when there's a double homicide at the Kirkland Motel the Grym brothers end up with more than they bargained for. In a world without vampires, zombies or the undead, one of their bounties might not be as dead as he's supposed to be.

Available Now For Only $0.99.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #186 on: April 26, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »
    Cheers, JM. ;D

Offline Kim Richardson

• View Profile
      • www.kimrichardsonbooks.com
    « Reply #187 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »
    Marked, Soul Guardians book 1 - Young Adult Urban Fantasy.

Sixteen year-old Kara Nightingales ordinary life is suddenly turned upside-down when she dies in a freak accident, and she wakes up in a strange new world with a new careeras a rookie for the Guardian Angel Legion. Kara hurtles towards dangerous missions with the help of her Petty Officer and friend, David.
    But when she discovers a Mark on her leg, the entire Legion accuses her of being a Demon spy. Angels are dying, and David begins to pull away from her. Can Kara prove her innocence as she becomes the Legions only hope?

Its going to take a miracle to save the Legion, and Karas luck has just run out...   

Offline Alisha

• Dallas, Texas
    • Southern to the bone
      • View Profile
      • Alisha Paige, Ruby Vines and Wolfgang Pie
    « Reply #188 on: April 26, 2011, 03:03:42 pm »
    Circle City: Lord of the Wolfen is a .99 Bestseller!

Welcome to Axl's Wolfdorn's World. Circle City is home of the Wolfen where they live as humans inside the city limits and dwell in underground caverns as Wolf people. And have done so happily for the last 1500 years.

On the edge of civilization, there is a place called Circle City, Alaska. The last town before the Yukon Flats gives way to frigid desolation. When Zoe O'Brien, a secluded widow, kills a crazed mother wolf and saves the only cub from sure death, she ignites a war between the Wolfen Clan and the Kontar Clan. The wolf people have been enemies of the dog people for centuries and the cub she takes in is heir to the Wolfen throne. Taken prisoner by the Wolfen for murder and kidnapping, Zoe is forced to see and do things with creatures she never knew existed, held against her will in a world she both desires and fears. Axl Wolfdorn is coming of age, ready for his Unleashing and on the hunt for his Moonswan, the female he will choose for the Chase and the royal Feral Consummation. But how can he consider bonding with a mate when the only scent deep within his nose is the tangy scent of the woman who saved his life, the very woman who forced his clan into war, the woman he must now kill to avenge his mother's death?

Offline Harris Channing

• Near Nashville, Tennessee
      • View Profile
      • Harris Channng Author of Erotic and Mainstream Romance
    « Reply #189 on: April 26, 2011, 04:14:21 pm »
    My full-length novel, THE DEMON IS IN THE DETAILS is on sale for .99!

What's it about?
    Stella Campbell has come back to Silverton, Georgia to bury her wicked witch of an aunt. But is she strong enough to endure what's to come?

Zane Weathers has been around a long time, like, two thousand years. But he's never met anyone who touches his warrior soul, like Stella.

Together they must face not only personal obstacles, but obstacles straight from hell!

Carol reviewed it at SMASHWORDS, giving it 4 stars and saying, "Good read with an ending that might lead to a sequel. Good plot, characters and action."

Why not check it out?

Happy reading,
    Harris.

Offline Victoria lane & R.T. Fox

• View Profile
    « Reply #190 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:12 pm »
    What the heck here my book for $.99
    Somwomana about every women that has been kicked in the butt, by the Medical and legal profession.

Offline libbyfh

• View Profile
      • Libby's website
    « Reply #191 on: April 27, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »
    My thriller, SET THE NIGHT ON FIRE, has just come down to 99 cents for the merry month of May. Hope you'll give it a look...

Set the Night on Fire

Offline Tara Shuler

• View Profile
      • Tara Shuler
    « Reply #192 on: April 27, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »
    I just released a brand new paranormal romance yesterday. It's the first book in a series.

Alice is a young vampire going to high school for the first time at the age of seventeen at the behest of her eccentric mother. In many ways, she's more afraid of the human students than they would be of her. She feels lost and awkward in human society, but she soon develops a strong bond with the cousin of one of her classmates, nineteen year old Kai.

He is beautiful, but somewhat of an enigma with his unusual demeanor. She discovers a dark secret in Kai's life, and she instantly wants to shelter him from the pain he is experiencing.

Then she meets Maksim Augustine, the incredibly gorgeous guy who seems more like he should be a model than a high school student. She is overwhelmingly attracted to him phsyically, but her love for Kai causes her to continually push him away. Eventually, she discovers a dark secret about Max, too.

But Max's secret threatens to tear her entire world apart...

I hope some of you will take a look!  :D

Tara Shuler | TaraShuler.com

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #193 on: April 27, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »
    In case you missed A Walk In The Woods as KB BOTD yesterday, here it is.

This anthology contains previously published as well as never before published works.

A Walk In The Woods - Flash Fiction
    In search of the perfect woman, Mathias the Wizard invents the most perfect spell ever made.

Sweet Savage Charity - A Novelette
    In 1621 New England, a Puritan woman fights for her right to choose.

Grindels Tale - A Short Story
    Grindel fights developers who would destroy the woods he protects.

Only In My Dreams - A Novelette
    After 30 years of marriage, Delia can still dream, cant she?

Sir Dragonbreath - A Short Story
    Gwendolyn is a lonely witch, looking for love.

Of Love And War - A Novelette
    Its John v. Julie in this vintage battle of the sexes.

A Slice of Life - A Novella
    Grace is 37, painfully shy, and she must overcome her fears to save her family restaurant.

Offline Carl Ashmore

• Crewe, England
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #194 on: April 27, 2011, 11:19:20 pm »
    Thanks Margaret :)

Offline jadenskye

• Death by Honeymoon by Jaden Skye
      • View Profile
      • Death by Honeymoon by Jaden Skye
    Death by Honeymoon
    « Reply #195 on: April 28, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
    Hi,
    I'm glad to introduce my new book Death by Honeymoon, mystery/suspense/romance, available for 0.99. Getting great reviews. On the rugged, wild, eastern shore of Barbados, Cindy and Clint are enjoying their dream honeymoon, when paradise quickly turns into hell. Cindy finds her newly beloved taken away from her, drowned in a freak accident in the ocean. The local police are quick to declare it an accident, to insist that he was caught in a sudden riptide. But Cindy, left all alone, is not convinced.

Cindy must return to her and Clints now-empty home in New York and face her in-laws, who never wanted Clint to marry her, and who did everything to make her engagement and wedding hell. She must deal with all of these womens backbiting, gossiping and unspoken accusations, while she tries to get a handle on her own grief and to get clear on what really happened to Clint.

Cindy is mailed an anonymous photo of a woman she had never met, addressed to Clint. As she tries to unravel the mysterious package, as she begins to dig deeper into Clints emails and files, she realizes how many secrets Clint had been hiding from his past. She realizes that she didnt really know the man she loved. And she also realizes that Clint was murdered.

She digs deeper, into the depths of Clints massive corporation, DGB oil, and as she starts to unearth information she shouldnt, she goes too far. Soon her own life is in peril. On the run, she realizes that the only way to get answers, and to save her own life, is to return to where it all began: Barbados. As she heads into the dark underside of the island, into the heart of the local villages, she is shocked to discover what really happened to her husband on their honeymoon.

But by then, it may already be too late

Offline JD Rhoades

• Carthage NC
    • GALLOWS POLE for Kindle
      • View Profile
      • JDRhoades.com
    « Reply #196 on: April 28, 2011, 01:30:27 pm »
    For a limited time, the award-winning Jack Keller series (THE DEVIL'S RIGHT HAND, GOOD DAY IN HELL and SAFE AND SOUND) are available for .99 cents each.

"Rhoades slaps this supercharged crime fiction debut into overdrive and never lets up during 300 plus pages of nonstop action." -Booklist on THE DEVIL'S RIGHT HAND

J. D. Rhoades kicks ass. Jack Keller kicks ass. Good Day in Hell kicks ass. Youll read it in one sitting and be breathless by the finish. Rhoades writes with wit, style, and adrenaline." J. A. Konrath

"Rhoades is a true rising star. You NEED to be reading his books"-Crimespree magazine.

Offline CJArcher

• View Profile
      • CJ Archer
    « Reply #197 on: April 28, 2011, 04:39:25 pm »
    I'm about to raise the price of my historical paranormal romance Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles) from $0.99 to $2.99 so get in before the end of April if you want to buy it at the cheaper price.  Honor Bound is currently ranked like this:

# Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,467 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

* #36 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Romance > Fantasy, Futuristic & Ghost
        * #39 in Books > Romance > Fantasy & Futuristic
        * #78 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Romance > Historical Romance

Isabel's quiet life as an assistant to one of London's famous apothecaries hides a deadly secret.  A secret that could see her put on trial for witchcraft if the authorities uncover the truth.  But when the authority figure who turns up at her shop is Sir Nicholas Merritt, she's at risk of losing more than her life.  She could lose her heart and soul, and the man she loves.

Royal spy Sir Nicholas Merritt can't believe his luck when he stumbles upon Isabel during an investigation.  He's been searching for her for seven long years and now he has her again, in his bed and his life.  Except she's resisting all the way.  Worse still, she's somehow tangled up with a plot to assassinate the queen.  To hold onto her this time, he must find out why she left him while hiding a secret of his own that could tear them apart forever.

C.J. Archer: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Tumblr

Offline Mike McIntyre

• San Diego
      • View Profile
      • The Scavenger's Daughter page
    « Reply #198 on: April 28, 2011, 08:16:13 pm »
    This Oprah author has just reduced his first novel, The Scavenger's Daughter: A Tyler West Mystery, to $0.99.

Currently:

Amazon Top Rated, Hard-Boiled #28
    Amazon Top Rated, Police Procedural #29

Mike McIntyre

Offline theaatkinson

• Canada
    • Fiction to the Left of Mainstream
      • View Profile
      • GonzoInk
    « Reply #199 on: April 29, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »
    I just put One Insular Tahiti on sale for 99cents for a limited time on amazon. If you've been thinking/wondering about it, why not grab it up now?

http://www.amazon.com/Insular-Tahiti-reincarnation-redemption-ebook/dp/B0042RUKSE/

Luke's death has come the way he always feared it would: in the claustrophobic, underground heat of a Cape Breton coal mine. He had suspected it would end this way, had embraced it even, so while his body is buried, his soul settles into a watery existence of endless waiting.

Soon, something changes in his personal purgatory; all is not quiet the way it was when he first realized he was dead. Now a wind howls and storm seas bring waves of half remembered events from his past life that are so terrible he will do anything to avoid reliving them: images of war and abuse and of a favored brother spoiled by disease.

He needs to find a way out.

This is when he notices Astrid, a newborn fighting for her life. She isnt supposed to survive her birth, but if he can just will her to be his mother, he can save her and escape the anguish of this terrible supposed insular Tahiti.

Too late, Luke realizes that the connection that binds him to Astrid is the same inevitable battle of memories he left his purgatory to forget. Now he must endure the replay of horrific images that will ultimately change his soul and Astrid's forever.

One Insular Tahiti is a nonlinear tale of ones souls search for redemption and the lengths the human spirit will go to find peace.

Fiction to the left of Mainstream| Phoenix is FREE
    Thea Atkinson | get more freebies

KBoards.com

• Advertisement